can a farang legally pick wild-growing fruit?

BananaBandit

3 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

That gave me a good chuckle

Why not go with a local? We always went for mushroom walks in Hua Hin, but I know in some National parks there can be local regulations.

Around here in where we live the locals pick anything they can eat, from wild vegetables, nuts, fruits, mushrooms, bambo etc.

• Like 1

Best not to touch/ remove anything here from the natural environment.

Or wander Jungles & Forests. 
Too much potential trouble from  the wildlife inc.local authorities????

As a foreigner that is…..
Fruit Fish Coral Seashells available legally from markets. ????

Tourists have been Deported here for picking up loose shells from the beach or “damaging coral” with boat anchors. Just ain’t worth it….

On 2/1/2022 at 12:35 PM, Morpheus42 said:

Enjoy your time in a country where you are still more free than in The West.

Where is the common sense of people nowadays?

The Pink glasses you got handed out at airport, can you share details about them? Would love to have a pair when I feel unsecure

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 12:58 PM, Box fighter said:
On 2/1/2022 at 7:18 AM, zyphodb said:

As long as you make noise while your walking through the jungle the snakes will slither off before you get near them. Elephants and Tigers are a different story of course...

On 2/1/2022 at 12:49 PM, KannikaP said:

You mean to let the snakes & scorpions bite him instead?    LOL

Snakes are deaf so they will not hear you

Snakes are not "deaf", they may not have external ears but they have a functional cochlea.

Hikers should wear bells so as not to startle bears. Carry pepper spray! Look for signs of bears. Recognize the difference of black bear and grizzly bear poop.

Black bear poop is smaller with berries and squirrel fur.
Grizzly poop has bells in it and smells like pepper."

46 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Hikers should wear bells so as not to startle bears. 

Grizzly poop has bells in it and smells like pepper."

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll keep an eye out for bears next time I'm walking around up in Isaan and make sure I'm wearing my bells.

(I hope no one sees me, they may think I'm Peter Pan and send for the rubber truck and straight jacket) 

Grizzly poop, good description.

I'm sure that I've been served up Grizzly poop at one of the Dodgy restaurants here in Pattaya.

On 2/2/2022 at 9:36 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

until it isn't..

Exactly. Oz mate Done twice now in Phuket by Imm for 50k each time for working outside on gutters and painting his work building. ????

His office- based Work Permit did not cover such “reserved activities” .

Personally won’t do any work here even inside my home . Not what I’m here for ! Concept Design Planning Materials Supervision is All for me. Lady is Architect so does all that anyway ….has her Bosch drill kit for simple Repairs !

And why would I when basic Labour is 300-500 baht /day here or 800-1000 to get skilled work Done? 

And no tools to buy, with no risk of electrocution, falling or injuring myself ! In fact my lady organizes all that stuff with our pre- qualified locals????Highly Recommended approach.????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nonsense, tourists have not been deported for doing that.  

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/thailand/articles/taking-this-one-thing-from-thailands-beaches-will-get-you-arrested/?amp=1

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nonsense, tourists have not been deported for doing that.  

Apologies. You have called out my incorrect (or exaggerated) post, I have researched and found no related deportations, only arrests & 20k court fines ( refer typical case link above) re. Coral not Seashells,with accused not being jailed and allowed to leave country on schedule. My “deportations” comment was hearsay -based so inadmissible here without such qualification.????????

Would personally still NEVER even touch any natural material on Beach or underwater as you become liable for usual Immy cash shakedowns ????

Further ” Hearsay” is that (farang) Dive & Fishing Boats get “ done” occasionally for Anchor Damage to Fixed Coral but again can find no internet evidence????????

23 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Would personally still NEVER even touch any natural material on Beach or underwater as you become liable for usual Immy cash shakedowns

I would certainly never publish 'selfies' of myself on Facebook doing anything questionable.

But apart from that, if nobody's around, anything goes.

Was out in the road cutting up box steel, welding and drilling last week.

Nobody cared.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I would certainly never publish 'selfies' of myself on Facebook doing anything questionable.

But apart from that, if nobody's around, anything goes.

Was out in the road cutting up box steel, welding and drilling last week.

Nobody cared.

All about risk here or anywhere.

Life being Combat so the old boxing adage applies “ protect yourself at all times”. 

By publicly electing to violate your stay conditions you are open to any jealous vindictive local reporting your activities to Imm. 
Actions & Consequences…. as ever.