Shall We Say Goodbye to Isaan?

Guest Isaanlife

22 hours ago, JayClay said:

I mean it only takes a minimal amount of research before posting to avoid making a fool out of yourself....

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/beach

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beach

So, a simple man with his simple mind did a simple search and only proved my point.

"an expanse of sand"

"The particles composing a beach are typically made from rock, such as sand"

and while stressing out the limits of his simple brain completely overlooks the fact that the original comment was made about a reference to "Sandy Beaches".

You gonna need some help back up on your barstool? :wai:

This is the last explanation you'll get so don't ask for another. It makes you look greedy and desperate for attention.

Edited by mrwebb8825

On 2/1/2022 at 2:21 AM, Isaanlife said:

Warm climate by the sea, vibrant expat community, culture, dining, more things to see and do.

All these combined would rule out most of the world. There is no country in Europe without winter. Maybe Singapore could be the place, but no good beaches there.

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

So, a simple man with his simple mind did a simple search and only proved my point.

"an expanse of sand"

"The particles composing a beach are typically made from rock, such as sand"

and while stressing out the limits of his simple brain completely overlooks the fact that the original comment was made about a reference to "Sandy Beaches".

You gonna need some help back up on your barstool? :wai:

I mean I'm not sure what to say... Maybe English isn't your first language so your comprehension of the article is understandably patchy, or maybe you're selectively quoting in order to try and prove your point.

Either way, I'm glad you've said that you won't be responding as it's a rather silly argument.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, andreww said:

Some people would compare Phuket to Pattaya or Hua Hin... All I can say, those people been only to one of those places. Recently I had to go to Pattaya once, first time ever and last one I hope. Cannot even remotely begin to imagine why someone would pick that craphole to spend their holidays, let alone move to live there. That place is like a combination of worst things Thailand has to offer: bad city vibe, terrible beaches, lots of tourists, endless traffic jams and far from everywhere. 

Lots of tourists? Recently?

Never been a better time to visit Pattaya if you ask me.

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 10:47 PM, clivebaxter said:

Spain or Portugal, booze is far cheaper!

Yes, of course that is most peoples main goal. Get as cheap booze as possible and get hammered every single day. Would you mind making up a top list of the cheapest booze destinations in the world for our esteemed members?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Would you mind making up a top list of the cheapest booze destinations in the world for our esteemed members?

I'd put the Philippines and Cambodia at the top of the list.

Cambodia, cocktails $1 and beer 50c.

Philippines, bottle of Gin $3

Spain, Portugal and France has very cheap wine, everything else expensive.

But you forgot hookers ...... no point getting hammered everyday without hookers .........

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

I'd put the Philippines and Cambodia at the top of the list.

Cambodia, cocktails $1 and beer 50c.

Philippines, bottle of Gin $3

Spain, Portugal and France has very cheap wine, everything else expensive.

Im surpraised Phillippines is not advocated more often, but infrastructure and food is not on pair with Thailand. Cambodia only one short visit, and did not feel for staying any longer than necessery.

Hard to find a better solution than Thailand when first settled here. 

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im surpraised Phillippines is not advocated more often, but infrastructure and food is not on pair with Thailand. Cambodia only one short visit, and did not feel for staying any longer than necessery.

Hard to find a better solution than Thailand when first settled here. 

If I hadn't accumulated baggage in Thailand, I'd probably be in PI or Cambodia.

Just the VISA problems in Thailand would put me off.

No requirements for any lump sums in PI or Cambodia, no need to ever visit immigration.

Never had any food problems as I don't eat local food.

Went shopping in Makro yesterday,

16Kg of frozen chips, 3Kg Cumberland sausages, 1Kg cheddar cheese, 2 bottles of HP sauce, 5l orange juice, 3 boxes of wine coolers.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Spain..its got atmosphere.  Sit in one of those small town squares,centuries old church takes up one side,sitting in the shade on steps leading up to it,a cultural centre ,mainly for Spanish but anyone can use,cheap  superb tapas,excellent wines cheap too

Electric,gas ,phones,wifi are expensive,toe nails clipped  30 euros,here more like 1

12 hours ago, fredscats said:

Spain..its got atmosphere.  Sit in one of those small town squares,centuries old church takes up one side,sitting in the shade on steps leading up to it,a cultural centre ,mainly for Spanish but anyone can use,cheap  superb tapas,excellent wines cheap too

Electric,gas ,phones,wifi are expensive,toe nails clipped  30 euros,here more like 1

Get a wife, nail clipping is one of her responsibilities, forgot how much Larios gin is in Spain but cheap and one of the best..

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2022 at 1:02 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Yes, in another recent thread I mentioned how the expat community has cleared out of Issan since about 3 years ago. That's when the embassy income verification letters stopped, and immgration got a lot tougher about this and that. My favorite bars got quiet, and when asking about this bloke or that was told they'd simply gone home.

Bolded the relevant parts of your quote for added emphasis.

They killed the golden goose. You can thank "Big Joke" for that.

On 2/1/2022 at 5:51 AM, jerrymahoney said:

I don't know what is a "vibrant expat community" but I might think of my late parents. Both were +/- 10 USGA handicap golfers and Life Master ACBL bridge players. They had instant social acceptance by these virtues just about anywhere they went whether on various moves in US or on vactions domestic or international.

Me? I inherited none of these social skills.

You are missing  nothing don't worry. Golf and Bridge are the antithesis of vibrant..

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If I hadn't accumulated baggage in Thailand, I'd probably be in PI or Cambodia.

Just the VISA problems in Thailand would put me off.

No requirements for any lump sums in PI or Cambodia, no need to ever visit immigration.

They killed the golden goose and you have seen nothing yet.