Pattaya City Hall New Rule for Yellow Book

Banana7

In addition to having a 1 year visa, now that visa has to be valid for a minimum of 3 months at the time of application. The attached document from Pattaya City Hall states the requirements for a yellow book.

A friend went to Pattaya City Hall attempting to obtain a yellow book for a condo he owns and lives in. The department that issues the yellow book had been closed in January, due to Covid, and re-opened Feb. 1, 2022. My friend's visa was only valid 2.5 months as at the date of initial application. He had visited the office in January, when his visa had more than 3 months, only to learn the office was closed until Feb. He asked for an exception from the big boss, since he visited the office in January and it was closed, but no sympathy or flexibility. He has to return after renewing his 1 year visa.

PattayaYellowBook.jpg

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's an old list, they gave me the list below 2 days ago.

Any idea of no.5 options? My birth certificate is in the loft in the UK 555

IMG_20220131_135124~3.jpg

You can order a replacement birth certificate here............ukofficialrecords.co.uk

i think it is about 18 pounds standard or 35 pounds express ( 5 days)

I had to get a replacement full certificate a couple of years ago. they mail it here too.

Or you can borrow mine for a fiver.............????...........:sorry:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's an old list, they gave me the list below 2 days ago.

Any idea of no.5 options? My birth certificate is in the loft in the UK 555

IMG_20220131_135124~3.jpg

My long form birth certificate has my parents' name, but I didn't have that in Thailand. They accepted a written statement, notarized and certified correct by my embassy. Then that notarized copy had to be translated into Thai by an official translation company, which was then certified correct by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

My long form birth certificate has my parents' name, but I didn't have that in Thailand. They accepted a written statement, notarized and certified correct by my embassy. Then that notarized copy had to be translated into Thai by an official translation company, which was then certified correct by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

think I'll give up, really not worth the effort and cost

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

When I bought my condo the business I was working for told me to go see there solicitor and he would help get my yellow book. Well I went to see him and he told me it's a lot of Hoops to jump through even for them and he told me I would probably never need it anyway well it's been 16 years and I've never had a reason to need it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Don't give up, go for it! It's not really difficult nor expensive. If you're retired, you probably have lots of free time. A day trip to Bangkok can  be a pleasant diversion.

Edited by Banana7
  • Haha 1

I really don't see that it's worth the effort. Immigration in Jomtien is happy with my TOT bill as proof of address, and has been for the last decade. Last May, when it seemed that the only way to register for a vaccine was with a yellow housebook, it may have seemed worth the expense and hassle, but that changed very quickly and I've since had all three doses under the Thai system without a yellow book. The pandemic was, anyway a once-in-a-lifetime event (well, I certainly hope it was!), and before it I'd lived here happily for 15 years without a housebook, so I'll pass on it, thanks. 

27 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Don't give up, go for it! It's not really difficult nor expensive. If you're retired, you probably have lots of free time. A day trip to Bangkok can  be a pleasant diversion.

but all this notorising, translating and MFA stuff costs money, plus the 2 thai with house book show stopper

Just now, Guderian said:

I really don't see that it's worth the effort. Immigration in Jomtien is happy with my TOT bill as proof of address, and has been for the last decade. Last May, when it seemed that the only way to register for a vaccine was with a yellow housebook, it may have seemed worth the expense and hassle, but that changed very quickly and I've since had all three doses under the Thai system without a yellow book. The pandemic was, anyway a once-in-a-lifetime event (well, I certainly hope it was!), and before it I'd lived here happily for 15 years without a housebook, so I'll pass on it, thanks. 

The yellow book actual cost is zero. The documents required to qualify for a yellow book and associated traveling costs are where expenses are incurred.

I don't know all the benefits, here are some benefits I have received:

1. if you own a condo and are registered in its house book, then you don't have to pay building and land tax. I do realize it's minimal currently, but it will increase and it needs to be paid every year by April.

2. you can use the yellow book to get a pink ID card which can be used in many places, instead of your passport.

3. The pink ID reduces national park fees to Thai prices, but only at selected parks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

The yellow book actual cost is zero. The documents required to qualify for a yellow book and associated traveling costs are where expenses are incurred.

I don't know all the benefits, here are some benefits I have received:

1. if you own a condo and are registered in its house book, then you don't have to pay building and land tax. I do realize it's minimal currently, but it will increase and it needs to be paid every year by April.

2. you can use the yellow book to get a pink ID card which can be used in many places, instead of your passport.

3. The pink ID reduces national park fees to Thai prices, but only at selected parks.

I'm not bothered about 2 and 3. I'd like to avoid 1 because I shouldn't be paying it, but it would takes years and years for some kind of payback

15 hours ago, Banana7 said:

That is one of the funniest comments i have ever read on here!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm not bothered about 2 and 3. I'd like to avoid 1 because I shouldn't be paying it, but it would takes years and years for some kind of payback

You're right, it will take many years for payback. The payback time will depend on the assessed value of the condo, tax increases in future years and the length of time you intend to stay in the condo.

Attached is an Excel spreadsheet which shows the accumulated tax payments for a 3,900,000 baht condo. You can modify the spreadsheet for your own condo value, change the assumptions about tax increases, to estimate when your costs are recovered. I used 3.9M because that's the lowest advertised price for a new condo at the Edge Condo on 2nd Road behind Mike's shopping mall. The spreadsheet also shows the current transitional discount.

Another important point is that there is a 40% penalty added to the tax payable, if the tax is not paid before June, each and every year, plus an additional 1% per month.

CondoTaxes.xlsx

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Banana7 said:

You're right, it will take many years for payback. The payback time will depend on the assessed value of the condo, tax increases in future years and the length of time you intend to stay in the condo.

Attached is an Excel spreadsheet which shows the accumulated tax payments for a 3,900,000 baht condo. You can modify the spreadsheet for your own condo value, change the assumptions about tax increases, to estimate when your costs are recovered. I used 3.9M because that's the lowest advertised price for a new condo at the Edge Condo on 2nd Road behind Mike's shopping mall. The spreadsheet also shows the current transitional discount.

Another important point is that there is a 40% penalty added to the tax payable, if the tax is not paid before June, each and every year, plus an additional 1% per month.

CondoTaxes.xlsx 12.59 kB · 2 downloads

Nice spreadsheet that ????. The monetary costs of getting the yellow book plus the mental suffering and impact on life expectancy by trying to get it clearly it's not worth the effort for me, case closed ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...