Thailand welcomes foreign tourists again as “Test&Go” scheme relaunched today under new requirements

snoop1130

So with the 90 day reporting can it be done in any city ? I.e what if you moving around Thailand not staying in the same spot ? Also can you do your extension,in any city if moving around.

thought about getting non o-A in Australia and when due for extension after 12months , just getting a non -o based on retirement

57 minutes ago, 10baht said:

Just those who spend more and help the Thai people/economy who really deserve it. And we are taken for granted. Almost like 2nd rate tourists.

What is it you expect of them... a red carpet?

Would a person on a marriage extension not be helping Thai people or the economy more? Hardly taken for granted when there is quite an easy facility made especially available to allow permission to remain, with choices of verifying income, or a bank deposit, combination, and some simply an Embassy letter. 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, mikosan said:

No one is on a retirement visa, it's called a visa extension, for the purpose of retirement.

Well to be exact, since Visas cannot be extended, it is an Extension of the Permission To Stay. 

1 hour ago, darrenr said:

So with the 90 day reporting can it be done in any city ? I.e what if you moving around Thailand not staying in the same spot ? Also can you do your extension,in any city if moving around.

thought about getting non o-A in Australia and when due for extension after 12months , just getting a non -o based on retirement

It should be, but I had a horrible time with it. I think I got two that way, and only with begging. (and I am not kidding) the last time I had to fly back to Chinag Mai where I got my Extension of stay to get it sorted out. That was 3 years ago. 

I used BKK as a hub to fly out of with a retirement visa and it worked Ok. But, still a hassle. 

I won't be doing it again. 

Edited by garyk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Yes, it's a cluster F and is messing with people's lives. But you've got to admire it for what it is, from their angle. Let people in, get them infected locally and then conveniently parcel the numbers off as coming from abroad while banking loads of coin.

And don't forget, the utter tools that make the policy are uncaring, unsympathetic, apathetic, pathetic automatons.

It is set up to favour the Thai authorities  to gather farang money after the day 5 testing positive . A further 14 day quarantine with more pcr tests totalling in excess of 100,000 baht has already happened. If you are fully vaccinated a 7 day quarantine in Bangkok ( that is what I have just done ) or the Phuket sandbox deals are a better bet IMO . The Phuket deal , I would stay somewhere out of the way to avoid the virus which is being reported in bigger resorts e.g. Patong 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NanLaew said:

But you miss the point.

The claim by @FalangKino that "Everything to do with immigration in this country is so unnecessarily difficult" is false.

(my emphasis)

Your experience while good is not shared by many others. There are lots of horror stories out there about immigration.

"Everything to do with immigration in this country is so unnecessarily difficult" is 100% correct.

Edited by tlcwaterfall
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, due to the ongoing concern of the Omicron variant, the entry procedures and requirements of the scheme may be slightly complicated to prevent the domestic spread.

The previous scheme has already been complicated for quite sometime and now it has become more so. Let's see how many are coming.
The Omicron variant is just an excuse because -just look around: this variant is already spreading quickly worldwide, so get ready for massive treatment expenses for merely showing mild symptoms.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

They are expected to spend about 60,000 baht per person, according to TAT.

This is not what they are expecting, as this is only the minimum amount they want you to spend when you come, excluding other expenses and so you'd be lucky to have not tested positive.
I think it is better to stay in your homelands (or wherever you are at) for now to see how it goes.

• Like 2