Thailand welcomes foreign tourists again as “Test&Go” scheme relaunched today under new requirements

snoop1130

33 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

We love test and go, we tested negative, then buggered off back to Aotearoa before Omicron or the khaki craphats spoiled the first week 2022 for yours truly.

We will be back, but only hereafter as a long term tourist. No more non-immgrant visa tyrrany and cash locked up at Prayuth's pleasure. Both me and the Thai missus can do far better for ourselves in the world's least corrupt country.

Let the low self esteem sledging begin! Zero sh!tz given. I created this option for myself over 30 years ago while most in the UK with exactly the same opportunity did not. And I'm proud as buggery about it! So there.

My Aotearoan mate and his daughter have been waiting for over 18 months to get an entry quarantine slot in Aotearoa so they can return. Are you and your Thai missus special or what?

Edited by NanLaew

15 hours ago, garyk said:

Thailand was the worst place I have ever traveled to if you enjoy traveling. I was in the south traveling and my 90 day report came up. Had to fly back to Chinag May to get it sorted out. The immigration in several cities would not do my 90 day. What a total clown show. 

I had this happen to me in Kanchanaburi. They would not do the 90 days 'cos my visa was issued in Hua Hin.   There regulations state you can do the 90 days at any Immigration Office.  I guess they cannot read this.  I was then fined 2000 Baht in Hua Hin for reporting late. That whole 90 nonsense need to be abolished !

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Well, I'm presuming that madness is allowed.

Has anyone tried booking yet?  Can the Day 1 and Day 2 hotels be different?

There's 2 options to get out of the Day 5 test ( if you're 'up for it )

1. Do day 1 test and release, on day 4 contact the hotel and tell them you've carried out a home test and you're positive so cannot travel. I believe if you're at your own house you're allowed to self isolate ( based on info from Pattaya / BKK hospital when i did a PCR test for travelling about 10 days ago ). You're told if no call from hospital to come and collect certificate, if postive you receive a call and are told to self isolate ( providing minimal symptoms ).

2. If you can show a flight ticket leaving thailand before day 5 then you upload that along with day 1 booking confirmation when applying for Thai Pass, then just bin the ticket and stay.

I will carry out the day 1 and 5 tests and do it 'properly' but these are potential options if not willing to do the day 5 test ( for whatever reason ).

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

1. Do day 1 test and release, on day 4 contact the hotel and tell them you've carried out a home test and you're positive so cannot travel. I believe if you're at your own house you're allowed to self isolate ( based on info from Pattaya / BKK hospital when i did a PCR test for travelling about 10 days ago ). You're told if no call from hospital to come and collect certificate, if postive you receive a call and are told to self isolate ( providing minimal symptoms ).

2. If you can show a flight ticket leaving thailand before day 5 then you upload that along with day 1 booking confirmation when applying for Thai Pass, then just bin the ticket and stay.

I will carry out the day 1 and 5 tests and do it 'properly' but these are potential options if not willing to do the day 5 test ( for whatever reason ).

Do you have to do the day1 and day 5 test at  the same city? 

For instance  , could I arrive at BKK stay one night at an approved hotel then after your first day test comes back negative, you travel to Khon Kaen, , stay there at our home, and on the fifth day go to an approved facility in Khon Kaen and have the second test there?  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NeoDinosaw said:

But that was in-country  ...............................

You noticed that, good. But it was still an example of one of the 'everything' that people have to do with immigration that wasn't difficult.

When I first came here on visa-exempt entries, it was easy.

When they introduced the need for a 'tax clearance certificate', that too was easy.

When I needed multi-entry visas from Thai consulates in five different countries, they were all easy.

When I needed a Non-O for work, that was easy (both times).

When I need an extension, well, we've covered that already.

90-day reports? easy.

Re-entry permits are super easy since they sell them at the airport.

17 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Nice one Harry. I can imagine some dullards doing all that extra rigmarole (and more) rather than just stop in a hotel room for a few hours.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Why can they never get anything right?  Its February and they've had since November to get this sorted.

I doubt that anyone would get away with this but - going through the Thailand Pass registration system, you are required to tick a box that says you will comply with the conditions.  The conditions for Test & Go don't seem to have been updated and are:

4. For the Test & Go scheme:

4.1 I shall be quarantine for one day.

4.2 After a negative (not detected) RT-PCR test result, I am permitted to travel without restrictions in Thailand.

So according to that, there is no need to go to a hotel and have a Day 5 test - permitted to travel WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS.

Further, they claim these measure are aimed at helping the decimated Thai tourist industry to recover.  The TAT will no doubt have had a hand in this and you'd think they'd know their market.

Most of us here have some kind of connection to Thailand but take of that hat for a moment and put yourself in the position of a real tourist.  For many, a trip to Asia is the holiday of a lifetime. Its planned in advance and saved for for months, if not years.  We may book on the spur of the moment or know the best time to get the cheapest flights but for such a big trip, I believe most 'tourists' book well ahead.

So why then, is the Thailand Pass website, not accepting registrations beyond 3 April?

Edited by KhaoYai

11 minutes ago, sirineou said:

For instance  , could I arrive at BKK stay one night at an approved hotel then after your first day test comes back negative, you travel to Khon Kaen, , stay there at our home, and on the fifth day go to an approved facility in Khon Kaen and have the second test there?  

Apparently they can be done in different provinces.

What you suggest should be possible.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Nice one Harry. I can imagine some dullards doing all that extra rigmarole (and more) rather than just stop in a hotel room for a few hours.

Thanks, i did tryot make it as simple as possible but still looks difficult for you to understand.

You obviously have no idea or experience with what's being discussed.

13 minutes ago, sirineou said:

That's precisely what I'm trying to find out.  I think the only way to find out is to do a dummy Thailand Pass registration.  I'm going to have a go when I have more time.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RussBKK said:

Can anyone please point me to an official government website, in either Thai or English, where it unequivocally states what the policy is for both Thais and foreigners who test positive after either the Day 1 or Day 5 test? I have looked and can find nothing official. Beyond anecdotal stories that you are/can be marched off to a private hospital or hotel at your own expense. What is the policy? What are the timeframes? Is there an option to quarantine in one's own property? 

We are supposed to be travelling in three weeks. My wife may well make the trip having not seen elderly parents for nearly three years. I on the other hand have better things to do than contemplate my navel stuck either in a Bumrungrad or similar expensive quarantine room, or a fleapit hotel with sub standard food with a sniffle 

IMG-20220201-WA0003.jpg

Edited by philr

9 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I don't think this is possible. AFAIK there are no AQ hotels outside Bangkok, Chonburi, Rayong and the sand boxes down south. A hotel can be SHA Plus+ but if it's not teamed up with a hospital to deliver tests, it's just a hotel with approved hygiene standards and not AQ.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Thanks, i did tryot make it as simple as possible but still looks difficult for you to understand.

You obviously have no idea or experience with what's being discussed.

Since TP2 just got turned on, I doubt ANYONE posting here has any experience of what's being discussed.

When I read it..I was very happy to come back to Thailand.

HOWEVER >>>> HOWEVER>>>>>HOWEVER

Reading the in between the lines.

1. If I need to pre-book days 1 and day 5 at an SHA hotel - what do I do for day 2,3,4?

to me it is a quarantine for 5 days.

2.where the test are administered? at a cost of $150 per test?

2. if erroneously I tested positive .. how much will it cost me to spend 14 days in a hospital

3, if tested positive on my return to the USA, again I can spend 14 days in the hospital.

adding it all, for a 45 days holidays, I can spend 30 days in a hospital  and spend $3k on nothing.

Whoh!!!!!! what a great vacation.. the cost of the little honeys went way up .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I don't think this is possible. AFAIK there are no AQ hotels outside Bangkok, Chonburi, Rayong and the sand boxes down south. A hotel can be SHA Plus+ but if it's not teamed up with a hospital to deliver tests, it's just a hotel with approved hygiene standards and not AQ.

Check the updated list. I thought the same but they are all over the country now.

https://web.thailandsha.com/shaextraplus

As he's asking about Day 1  and Day 5, that's Test & Go so SHA+ .

Also, according to the Thailand Pass registration site, for Test & Go, a hotel can be SHA+ or AQ.

Booking on approved SHA Extra+ or AQ hotel for 2 days (Day 1 and Day 5)

Approved List:

https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Check the updated list. I thought the same but they are all over the country now.

https://web.thailandsha.com/shaextraplus

As he's asking about Day 1  and Day 5, that's Test & Go so SHA+ .

Also, according to the Thailand Pass registration site, for Test & Go, a hotel can be SHA+ or AQ.

Approved List:

That's the website where SHA, SHA+ and SHA Plus+ businesses register and get listed. I don't see any of the up-country hotels specifically saying they are AQ qualified. I still think that the only SHA + Plus hotels that qualify for AQ status are in the sandboxes. I recall some members getting confused over SHA+ versus AQ during the first ThailandPass last November and that confusion was specific to the sandbox hotel choices, not the Bangkok ones. I recall if you booked AQ, the charges for tests were included but if you booked SHA+ Plus, you had to make a separate booking and payment for the tests.

Anyway, I have emailed a few provincial hotels listed to see if I am wrong.

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

So according to that, there is no need to go to a hotel and have a Day 5 test - permitted to travel WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS.

Go ahead and try and get a Thailand Pass issued with only ONE AQ hotel and test booked and get back to us.

Maybe this interpreting things only how one wants to interpret them is why it's alleged that a lot of people didn't stick around for their first test result on the first Thailand Pass?

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

So why then, is the Thailand Pass website, not accepting registrations beyond 3 April?

Because chances are and in alignment with a lot of other countries, the whole shebang will be abolished, redundant and no longer needed. Double jabbed? Come on down!

What on earth will we moan about then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Because chances are and in alignment with a lot of other countries, the whole shebang will be abolished, redundant and no longer needed. Double jabbed? Come on down!

What on earth will we moan about then?

Let's hope so.

I'm sure we'll find something to moan about - lol.

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Maybe this interpreting things only how one wants to interpret them is why it's alleged that a lot of people didn't stick around for their first test result on the first Thailand Pass?

I'm not interpreting them in any way, I'm simply pointing out what it says on the website.  They've had almost 4 months to get this right!

I know very well that 2 nights must be booked - unless you're staying 5 days or less.

Edited by KhaoYai

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

That's the website where SHA, SHA+ and SHA Plus+ businesses register and get listed

No its not. Its the website that comes up if you click on this:

Approved List:

Go to the Thailand Pass registration site and check it out. Click on it from this page under Test & Go

You might note that the hotels that come up all have the SHA+ logo - so that means they're not SHA+ ???

sha+.jpg

Edited by KhaoYai