Thailand welcomes foreign tourists again as “Test&Go” scheme relaunched today under new requirements

snoop1130

12 hours ago, the green light said:

1. If I need to pre-book days 1 and day 5 at an SHA hotel - what do I do for day 2,3,4?

to me it is a quarantine for 5 days.

2.where the test are administered? at a cost of $150 per test?

1, You go wherever you want.

2. From a list that you have to find by yourself (at least I did). Cost in Pak Chong - 1200 baht. Poor service though.

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

That's the website where SHA, SHA+ and SHA Plus+ businesses register and get listed. I don't see any of the up-country hotels specifically saying they are AQ qualified.

What is it with you and this AQ stuff.  If you're applying for Test & Go you can either choose SHA+ or AQ.  Both will be approved. Have you ever actually applied for a Thailand Pass?

14 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

2. If you can show a flight ticket leaving thailand before day 5 then you upload that along with day 1 booking confirmation when applying for Thai Pass, then just bin the ticket and stay.

I wouldn't risk that, knowing my luck they'd probably only stamp me in up to Day 5 ????.

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I think it could be surmised that you are dealing with adults who have more emotional development, than what we have here. Here, we have an extreme fear and loathing of expats, on the part of a highly toxic immigration bureau. 

For this and other reasons, not only are tens of thousands of expats leaving, or planning their exit, but the silly proposals to attract wealthy expats to come and live here will never work. 

An exodus of farangs is what a certain Thai V.I.P. has stated 2 or 3 years ago , wanting the country to revert to its previous state of 50 years ago and thus very few foreigners living in Thailand . One might say that a subtle plan is underway .

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 8:57 PM, FalangKino said:

Everything to do with immigration in this country is so unnecessarily difficult with many hurdles to do things that really doesn't need to be that complicated.

This is probably the only place in the world that lays out the welcome mat but doesn't want to let you come inside.

I work in the oil industry in various places around the world. Let me tell you the immigration system here is a walk in the park compared to many other places. Go and try the immigration system in Angola.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

CoE was worse.

It's the same the first time you do anything, perhaps a bit overwhelming but at the end of the day it's only booking hotels / uploading docs / getting a test before travel.

It's really not that difficult.

Correct.  You'll find most of the people whingeing the hardest haven't done it, don't intend to and just love having a crack at Thailand.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Yewbzee said:

Go and try the immigration system in Angola.

You pick an extreme example, Angola is about the worst place in W Africa.

Doubt you're see many retired expats wanting to move there tho- lol

Thailand as a popular ( or used to be ) destination for retiring expats is a pain in the hoop, there's no doubt about it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

No its not. Its the website that comes up if you click on this:

Booking on approved SHA Extra+ or AQ hotel for 2 days (Day 1 and Day 5)

Approved List:

Go to the Thailand Pass registration site and check it out. Click on it from this page under Test & Go

https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

You might note that the hotels that come up all have the SHA+ logo - so that means they're not SHA+ ???

sha+.jpg

It's the same website, the link in TP handily takes you to accommodation search pages.

The hotels listed are all SHA+ complaint and I am not suggesting they are otherwise.

My mates bar/restaurant in Udon Thai is also listed as SHA+ but he can't provide PCR tests (can't provide draft Guinness either but that's another story).

SHA+ means that they have had their health protocols vetted and/or inspected and their staff are all trained on this as well as vaccinated.

All AQ hotels are ASH+ compliant but not all ASH+ hotels are AQ capable.

I guess emailing the chosen hotel and asking them if they are able to TOTALLY fulfill the day 5 test requirement, ie. be supported by a local hospital or, like some hotels during TP1, if you need to book and prepay your covid test separately.

PS: I emailed a couple of provincial ASH+ hotels yesterday to clarify this. So far no response.

TiT

17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Maybe this interpreting things only how one wants to interpret them is why it's alleged that a lot of people didn't stick around for their first test result on the first Thailand Pass?

I'm not interpreting them in any way, I'm simply pointing out what it says on the website.  They've had almost 4 months to get this right!

I know very well that 2 nights must be booked - unless you're staying 5 days or less.

Not sure where you read the

4.2 After a negative (not detected) RT-PCR test result, I am permitted to travel without restrictions in Thailand.

but the current TP planner simply says.

Exempted from quarantine after testing negative for COVID-19 (RT-PCR) after arrival in Thailand, but must undergo 2nd RT-PCR test on Day 5 at pre-booked SHA Extra+/AQ hotel.

9 hours ago, Mingomania said:

Does that mean the Thailand Pass that I was issued back in November is still valid upon re-entry into the Kingdom?

What's the stated validity on the TP you have?

If it was issued under the original test and go, that would have needed a single, first night AQ and test. Did you cancel the hotel, test and flights that the issued TP is linked to?

Easiest way to get the correct answer is to email tp consular themselves. They will have the definitive word if an old TP can be used or linked with the new TP double testing rules.

What is it with you and this AQ stuff.  If you're applying for Test & Go you can either choose SHA+ or AQ.  Both will be approved. Have you ever actually applied for a Thailand Pass?

Twice.

Used them both as well.

Edited by NanLaew

45 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Not sure where you read the

but the current TP planner simply says.

Exempted from quarantine after testing negative for COVID-19 (RT-PCR) after arrival in Thailand, but must undergo 2nd RT-PCR test on Day 5 at pre-booked SHA Extra+/AQ hotel.

Go to the Thailand Pass site, select Test and Go and its in the rules box that you have to agree to to continue. Section 4. sub sections 4.1 & 4.2.

59 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

It's the same website, the link in TP handily takes you to accommodation search pages.

The hotels listed are all SHA+ complaint and I am not suggesting they are otherwise.

My mates bar/restaurant in Udon Thai is also listed as SHA+ but he can't provide PCR tests (can't provide draft Guinness either but that's another story).

SHA+ means that they have had their health protocols vetted and/or inspected and their staff are all trained on this as well as vaccinated.

All AQ hotels are ASH+ compliant but not all ASH+ hotels are AQ capable.

I guess emailing the chosen hotel and asking them if they are able to TOTALLY fulfill the day 5 test requirement, ie. be supported by a local hospital or, like some hotels during TP1, if you need to book and prepay your covid test separately.

PS: I emailed a couple of provincial ASH+ hotels yesterday to clarify this. So far no response.

TiT

If the hotels listed can't provide what they are listed for, it should be reported to the authorities. I would not expect a reply from any Thai hotels for a while, if at all.  Believe it or not, they still uses faxes.

You can also search for their LINE of Facebook messengers - they seem to answer them faster.  The hotel I used for Day 1 in Bangkok took 5 days to reply to an e-mail. I then got hold of their LINE ID and they replied within minutes.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I also would n't risk that, i will do it as per the rules coz i think the day 5 test will get scrapped soon.

Something else will come along.  I was pleased to see the UK government remove the need for PCR tests for fully vaccinated passengers travelling to the UK - only to find that my usual airline (Etihad), have their own test requirement.

16 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

Denmark already ends the pandemic restrictions on 2nd Feb but Thailand reintroduced new 2 PCR test on day 1 and day 5.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60215200

Norway and Sweden to follow soon.In norway they open almost everything.I see in the news today they migth cut isolation for people with mild sympthoms with covid..means people can choose themselfes if they stay home or go to work.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, raccos21 said:

Denmark already ends the pandemic restrictions on 2nd Feb but Thailand reintroduced new 2 PCR test on day 1 and day 5.

Well Thailand is just over a year behind, because of course, they had very few infections or deaths in 2020.........dum dee dum............. Their vaccine programme then started late so let's expect all restrictions to be removed by say November? Just in time for high season again.  It will be interesting to see how many hotels make it that far.

This is one prediction that I sincerely hope I'm wrong about - getting to Thailand is a pain in the proverbial at the moment.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 3:09 PM, smedly said:

book hotel 2x nights for PCR testing on 1st and 5th day 

after the 1st test you are free to go out and mingle and get infected 

2nd test on 5th day test positive ................................ banged up your 3 week holiday ruined

anyone that agrees to this needs their head looked at 

there are now 200 positive tests in Phuket every day that are listed as  "from abroad" these are people who test positive within 7 days after arriving in Thailand - over 2000 per week   

After not being able to come to Thailand , after looking at it , it might not be the best but it is doable . If it all stays like this , i will come in May . 

Let me explain , i see it as sort of a quarantine without being locked inside room . You enter Thailand , get a test , since you had a test before flying , and not willing to be infected , you make pretty sure to avoid all risks before going . The airplane is a gamble , but masking as good as possible (ffp2 , worn good ) , is pretty safe . After that 1st day test , just stay safe , go to a shop , get some drinks , some food , and go back to the room . The 5 days like that are a breeze , not real holiday , but pretty ok . This makes the test on day 5 , unless really unlucky on the airplane a pretty good gamble . After that , you are free to go anywhere and have the holiday .

I hope it changes to a even more relax schedule , but it is possible to do for many people i think .

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, sezze said:

After not being able to come to Thailand , after looking at it , it might not be the best but it is doable . If it all stays like this , i will come in May . 

Let me explain , i see it as sort of a quarantine without being locked inside room . You enter Thailand , get a test , since you had a test before flying , and not willing to be infected , you make pretty sure to avoid all risks before going . The airplane is a gamble , but masking as good as possible (ffp2 , worn good ) , is pretty safe . After that 1st day test , just stay safe , go to a shop , get some drinks , some food , and go back to the room . The 5 days like that are a breeze , not real holiday , but pretty ok . This makes the test on day 5 , unless really unlucky on the airplane a pretty good gamble . After that , you are free to go anywhere and have the holiday .

I hope it changes to a even more relax schedule , but it is possible to do for many people i think .

when the hospital that is going to bang you up at 10kbaht a day is doing the testing I would be very wary, there was a high profile case recently were a guy did a runner from a Bangkok hotel before he got the results of the final day test which was reported as possitive - he went to Samui I believe and was tested there within 24hrs and found to be negative - now try and explain that one, it ws never explained why 

you might want to read this 

Warning against traveling to Thailand - Thailand News - ASEAN NOW - News, Travel & Forum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2022 at 3:25 PM, NanLaew said:

What's the stated validity on the TP you have?

If it was issued under the original test and go, that would have needed a single, first night AQ and test. Did you cancel the hotel, test and flights that the issued TP is linked to?

Easiest way to get the correct answer is to email tp consular themselves. They will have the definitive word if an old TP can be used or linked with the new TP double testing rules.

Yes, I used the TP back in November and stayed at a required hotel + test. I'm still here in Thailand, but my multiple 60 days visa runs out on Feb. 22nd.

With the borders still closed I'm forced to fly out and fly back in to get another 60 days permit of stay.

So, my question was, if my original TP still is valid or do I have join the circus of obtaining a new TP in a foreign country in order to get back here?

But like you said, better contact the Thai Embassy who issued the TP in the first place, thanks...

1 hour ago, Mingomania said:

Yes, I used the TP back in November and stayed at a required hotel + test. I'm still here in Thailand, but my multiple 60 days visa runs out on Feb. 22nd.

With the borders still closed I'm forced to fly out and fly back in to get another 60 days permit of stay.

So, my question was, if my original TP still is valid or do I have join the circus of obtaining a new TP in a foreign country in order to get back here?

But like you said, better contact the Thai Embassy who issued the TP in the first place, thanks...

TP is only good for one time entry.

You'll need a new one.

I completed my application today, easy. Instant confirmation by e-mail.

On 2/4/2022 at 10:30 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

TP is only good for one time entry.

You'll need a new one.

I completed my application today, easy. Instant confirmation by e-mail.

That's all well, but from where? Your home country? That's the problem with me. I will not be in my home country but a foreign one with a different Embassy, which I can only imagine will complicate matters.

6 hours ago, Mingomania said:

That's all well, but from where? Your home country? That's the problem with me. I will not be in my home country but a foreign one with a different Embassy, which I can only imagine will complicate matters.

My last 2 CoE's and my last 2 Thai Pass applications were not from my home country.

With Thai Pass you can apply from anywhere, does n't matter, it will not complicate anything.

The embassy has no part in TP process.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

My last 2 CoE's and my last 2 Thai Pass applications were not from my home country.

With Thai Pass you can apply from anywhere, does n't matter, it will not complicate anything.

The embassy has no part in TP process.

The Test-Wait-Maybe-Go-Hospital cheerleader is still at it.

Good for you Harry.

25,000 "tourists" projected to arrive in February to "no quarantine" Thailand.

A drop in the ocean.

Looks like people are not seeing things through your rose tinted delusional glasses.

With the CCSA discussing increasing, yes increasing, restrictions for Valentines Day and Songkran, most normal people will be giving Thailand a wide berth.

Meanwhile, the UK and the developed world are accepting covid as an endemic disease.

No one's buying the "welcoming foreign tourist" scam anymore.

With the changes in asymptomatic insurance definition looks like your Lord Haw-Haw proganda routine just got even harder.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

The Test-Wait-Maybe-Go-Hospital cheerleader is still at it.

Good for you Harry.

25,000 "tourists" projected to arrive in February to "no quarantine" Thailand.

A drop in the ocean.

Looks like people are not seeing things through your rose tinted delusional glasses.

With the CCSA discussing increasing, yes increasing, restrictions for Valentines Day and Songkran, most normal people will be giving Thailand a wide berth.

Meanwhile, the UK and the developed world are accepting covid as an endemic disease.

No one's buying the "welcoming foreign tourist" scam anymore.

With the changes in asymptomatic insurance definition looks like your Lord Haw-Haw proganda routine just got even harder.

If it's not for your liking don't come.

All i'm saying is the new T and G is 1000 times better than 2 weeks quarantine, or are you suggesting it's not?

The process is easy, i applied 14 minutes and got TP in 40 hours, what's so difficult?

I hope Songkran is cancelled and hope thailand remains quiet, could n't care less if tourists come or not.

Is it too difficult for you and that's why you're not coming or have you been here the whole time so have no idea how the re-entry process works?

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

If it's not for your liking don't come.

All i'm saying is the new T and G is 1000 times better than 2 weeks quarantine, or are you suggesting it's not?

The process is easy, i applied 14 minutes and got TP in 40 hours, what's so difficult?

I hope Songkran is cancelled and hope thailand remains quiet, could n't care less if tourists come or not.

Is it too difficult for you and that's why you're not coming or have you been here the whole time so have no idea how the re-entry process works?

Thinking of your fellow adopted Thai citizens again Harry.

Think most people on this forum worked out long ago you couldn't care less about anyone but yourself.

I know it takes a few attempts to explain things to you but here's a clue.

"Test-Wait-Maybe-Go-Hospital"

Do you understand?

Seems everybody else does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1