Thailand welcomes foreign tourists again as “Test&Go” scheme relaunched today under new requirements

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, tomyami said:

The T & G is a further reign in of foreigners living in thailand making it harder to leave/return

If this is a suptle new order how would one be able to unload a condo or 2 if invested, who would ever want to buy?

Speak to Harry, he seems to have bought lots of Thai property.

Possibly in the top ten worst investments ever but Harry seems like putty in the hands of those pretty Thai real estate agents.

No fool like an old fool and all that.

13 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Think most people on this forum worked out long ago you couldn't care less about anyone but yourself.

Correct.

13 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

I know it takes a few attempts to explain things to you but here's a clue.

"Test-Wait-Maybe-Go-Hospital"

Do you understand?

Seems everybody else does.

Trust me, i understand more than most how it works and am very familiar with it, unlike you who apparently has no idea what you're on about.

8 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Possibly in the top ten worst investments ever but Harry seems like putty in the hands of those pretty Thai real estate agents.

I only have 2 properties ( in Thailand ), no agent was required to hold me hand.

Both my properties are worth more than i paid.

How much was your 18sqm show box? or are you one of the renters? - lol.

Edited by HashBrownHarry

14 minutes ago, tomyami said:

The T & G is a further reign in of foreigners living in thailand making it harder to leave/return

If this is a suptle new order how would one be able to unload a condo or 2 if invested, who would ever want to buy?

It's simple to leave and return if:

1. you have a brain

2. you can use a computer

3. you have money

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Quite naive with a large helping of cognitive dissonance. 

Describes too many here. 

4 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It's simple to leave and return if:

1. you have a brain

2. you can use a computer

3. you have money

ok but for many its the thainess in them thats limits many  of the above

Have seen many lead by the hand by a couple of beauties especially around the new nordics

Edited by tomyami

3 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

So simple that no one's doing it.

You forgot

4. you enjoy being marched off to a hospital, paying for asymptomatic care and then hoping your insurer pays up.

Harry are you the Lord Haw-Haw of TAT?

Your in a minority of one but what a trooper.

Keep going it's gives us all a daily laugh.

Unfortunately, always at your expense.

Well, that was gratuitous. Posts about posters are boring.

the question is do you really believe that “no one” is applying for Thailand Pass now?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2022 at 2:28 PM, mickj88 said:

Someone should let the Thai embassy know, the UK embassy still has no link to application for test and go. We booked a flight on Dec 19th for the Mrs to fly out on Jan 10 only for them to cancel all applications from Dec 20th which stopped going as the confirmation didn't arrive before we could get hers in. That has cost me over £200 and now we have to pay for another test costing a further £100 so all in all at present I'm going to be  £300 down. No doubt the flights will be more expensive now too. I read all the time on here, people banging on about the tourists , what about the poor Thais trying to get home to see their families. Poor lass hasn't seen her ailing mum for 3 years  and unless they relax the entry restrictions then I may never see my mother in law again. If I go in April as originally planned I cant afford to stay in BKK for 6 days waiting on a 2nd test. There are no SHA+ hotels up in Isaan for me to check into on the 5th day , so 6 days in BKK puts £600+ on to my visit. I doubt the TAT realise that a hell of a lot of their tourists actually arn't  toutists but are spouses and when these spouses visit they spend more than most tourists as they generally  have a weeks holiday and then spend money treating their inlaws. I would guess between the Mrs and myself we spend over £3k in the month we are usually there but that will not happen if its costing us an extra £1k just to get into the place .

I have a similar problem however, depending on where you are in Issan there are SHA plus+ hotels in Korat, Buriram and some other places I believe

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 8:57 AM, FalangKino said:

Everything to do with immigration in this country is so unnecessarily difficult with many hurdles to do things that really doesn't need to be that complicated.

This is probably the only place in the world that lays out the welcome mat but doesn't want to let you come inside.

Beric Oh No Not You Again 30 in. x 18 in. Outdoor Door Mat

• Haha 2

On 2/1/2022 at 10:57 AM, FalangKino said:

Everything to do with immigration in this country is so unnecessarily difficult with many hurdles to do things that really doesn't need to be that complicated.

This is probably the only place in the world that lays out the welcome mat but doesn't want to let you come inside.

Thailand’s Covid entry requirements are in the middle, compared with its neighbors.

i can’t even get into Malaysia or Vietnam.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Thailand’s Covid entry requirements are in the middle, compared with its neighbors.

i can’t even get into Malaysia or Vietnam.

Your talking nonsense as usual.

What other countries have a day 1 and day 5 test?

As usual your just plain wrong.

Vietnam opens completely tomorrow.

https://thethaiger.com/news/regional/vietnam-en/tomorrow-vietnam-lifts-restrictions-on-international-flights-from-all-markets

You might also note that Vietnam has 98% of their population double jabbed.

Meanwhile, Thailand continues it's abysmal vaccination campaign at a snails pace.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

https://thethaiger.com/news/regional/vietnam-en/tomorrow-vietnam-lifts-restrictions-on-international-flights-from-all-markets

Meanwhile, Thailand continues it's abysmal vaccination campaign at a snails pace.

Great. Vaccinated travelers only have to self isolate for 3 days in Vietnam. How does that compare with Thailand? 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 10:47 AM, Anna Rak said:

I have a similar problem however, depending on where you are in Issan there are SHA plus+ hotels in Korat, Buriram and some other places I believe

Sukhothai, Chiang Mai, Ayutthaya, Khon Kaen - just to name a few more.

I believe if one has sussed it out, can find numerous SHA/test approved accommodations throughout much of the country. Most of which [outside of BKK Metro] have just come about in the last month.

31 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Vietnam opens completely tomorrow? Bit of an exaggeration I think. Vietnam most certainly does not fully open tomorrow.