Paid for Moderna last July - still waiting amid Government silence

cliveshep

9 hours ago, fdsa said:

Do you know a hospital where it is available for sure? I want it because I will need those stupid papers for the travel in the nearest months, and I don't want any other vaccine and could not find a place to buy papers only

It's available at Central Festival, free. Go there in the morning to get a queue number, then the shot is given after 2 pm in the afternoon. You will need your passport and any documents relating to prior jabs. It's much more difficult if you can't speak Thai, they don't have English speakers.

I should think it would also be available at the government hospital, but you may have a very long waiting time. I don't know what the situation with the private hospitals is, you would have to ask.

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's available at Central Festival, free. Go there in the morning to get a queue number, then the shot is given after 2 pm in the afternoon. You will need your passport and any documents relating to prior jabs. It's much more difficult if you can't speak Thai, they don't have English speakers.  THIS IS NOT CORRECT.

I should think it would also be available at the government hospital, but you may have a very long waiting time. I don't know what the situation with the private hospitals is, you would have to ask.

I believe he was asking about Moderna.......which IS NOT available at Central Festival, only at BPH, and it cannot be purchased on the day (must register and pay).

Edited by couchpotato

we paid for moderna for my wife in a Bangkok PH last year and she got it around november as a booster, she gave the other shot to her uncle, the moderna we paid for in Surat Thani for me was not needed as I had pfizer plus the booster, my wife has used one of those as another booster a couple of weeks ago(she has 2 x sinovac originally), the second shot of moderna will  be used as a booster if needed or we will give it to a friend

15 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

I believe he was asking about Moderna.......which IS NOT available at Central Festival, only at BPH, and it cannot be purchased on the day (must register and pay).

I suppose that you are talking about Bangkok as Moderna is available widely in Phuket also at Central Festival but not as a walk-in and only at curtain days.

At other places it can be purchased via walk-in or sort term booking like i did last month.

19 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Quote from fdsa's post: "Moderna is widely available here on Phuket (on the contrary to Pfizer, unfortunately, which I would prefer over all other vaccines)"

Now look at the location under my nom-de-plume, I am talking about availability of Pfizer in Chiang Rai.

Edited by Lacessit

On 2/13/2022 at 5:35 PM, Sheryl said:

Finally got hold of them by Line.

LINE is what THG uses to inform everyone about their paid for Moderna's. I have written it off as a lesson learned, they keep the deposit as there are no refunds. All LINE updates are all sent in Thai language in picture format so they don't translate and I am tired of figuring out what all the pictures all mean. Why cannot they Thai message in text like everyone else instead of pictures?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You will need your passport and any documents relating to prior jabs.

lol, so it's same as here in Phuket. The Pfizer vaccines are available only for those who had Sino/Astra before, and as I don't have any prior vaccines I am not eligible for Pfizer, even for money.

I am interested in getting Pfizer as a first vaccine, and no hospital seem to provide it.

41 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

I was asking about Pfizer, as Moderna is available even as a 1st vaccine, but I don't want it.

Edited by fdsa

15 minutes ago, fdsa said:

I was asking about Pfizer, as Moderna is available even as a 1st vaccine, but I don't want it.

I would seriously suggest getting vaccinated with whatever is available NOW, is your life or serious

illness worth the risk of waiting? All the data says anyone vaccinated reduces those risks very substantially.

I was vaccinated with the supposedly inferior Sinovac/AZ combo, sore throat and runny nose for three days after I got COVID, end of story. My Thai GF, who was unvaccinated, was very ill for about 10 days.

I don't understand your aversion to Moderna, it is a mRNA type vaccine similar to Pfizer, with marginally better protection according to the data I've read. Why don't you want it?

41 minutes ago, fdsa said:

lol, so it's same as here in Phuket. The Pfizer vaccines are available only for those who had Sino/Astra before, and as I don't have any prior vaccines I am not eligible for Pfizer, even for money.

I am interested in getting Pfizer as a first vaccine, and no hospital seem to provide it.

May i ask why you don't want Moderna ?

I had 3 shots of Moderna and did not had any side-effect what so ever (same as everybody else I know)

Edited by merijn

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I would seriously suggest getting vaccinated with whatever is available NOW, is your life or serious

illness worth the risk of waiting? All the data says anyone vaccinated reduces those risks very substantially.

I was vaccinated with the supposedly inferior Sinovac/AZ combo, sore throat and runny nose for three days after I got COVID, end of story. My Thai GF, who was unvaccinated, was very ill for about 10 days.

I don't understand your aversion to Moderna, it is a mRNA type vaccine similar to Pfizer, with marginally better protection according to the data I've read. Why don't you want it?

I'm young and healthy and do not have any underlying conditions, and I couldn't even remember when I was ill for the last time. So I am definitely not in the risk group, but have to get papers for travel. And when selecting among untested experimental drugs I would choose Pfizer for being the only somewhat trusted company.

4 hours ago, merijn said:

May i ask why you don't want Moderna ?

I don't want to take an experimental untested unverified drug from the company which have never made any drug before, except that abovementioned vaccine.

Edited by fdsa

5 minutes ago, fdsa said:

I'm young and healthy and do not have any underlying conditions, and I couldn't even remember when I was ill for the last time. So I am definitely not in the risk group, but have to get papers for travel. And when selecting among untested experimental drugs I would choose Pfizer for being the only somewhat trusted company.

I don't want to take an experimental untested unverified drug from the company which have never made any drug before, except that abovementioned vaccine.

Your choice, to me mRNA vaccines are comparatively new technology. There are certainly more reports of adverse reactions to Pfizer than Moderna.

A couple of friends of my son were young and healthy too. Unvaccinated. One is dead, the other has long COVID.

I suggest you stop faffing about, the virus doesn't care what you believe.

15 minutes ago, fdsa said:

An you are qualified to make this judgement? Over 142m doses of Moderna already gone in arms.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-vaccine-doses-by-manufacturer?country=~European+Union

18 minutes ago, fdsa said:

I'm young and healthy and do not have any underlying conditions

They all say that.

15 hours ago, fdsa said:

I lost a few friends due to Covid and they where also healthy so that argument doesn't work for me.

And i incline to trust scientist more then some so called FB experts but that is your own decision.

I only can relay on my own experience with Moderna and what the (real) experts are saying.

But every medicine has risks involved even when you just take a aspirin.

I paid  6600 baht for wife and I to St Marys private hospital in Korat back  in August last year.     We were   at  that hospital  In January  and saw     long queues of people (all Thais)  there, Wife asked whats happening, She was told   they were getting their Moderna shots.

I went and asked at the administration centre  when we were likely to    get  ours.    Was treated with abs olute disdain and told simply....later..     Still waiting, no word at all.   Wife has been told still hundreds  going there, but Thais only.  (No we are not  racist, we just dont like farangs)

• 8 months later...

I have demanded full refund for my moderna at medpark. That was in August.

For 3 months they have not replied.

Today they said they don't have moderna and will offer pfitzer instead.

That is plain scam.

"Dear Sir,

Please accept our apologies for the delay response caused you. We raised your message to the vaccine management team to make the final decision how to compensate for customers who could not get Moderna intime

We would like to invite you to get Pfizer vaccine instead of Moderna starting every Friday Nov 23 until Friday 23 Dec, 2022.

If you would like to come to get Pfizer, please inform us we can arrange the appointment for you every Friday.

If you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest regards,

Patient Access Officer

0?ui=2&ik=a81ff4962c&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1749540619096766375&th=18479dec716137a7&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9HZqz_mC8OkIS4IHEu-KaeyKK3hO-DoFLP0IitozKqILvTZX86re_UyhHaI5ML6DdweVKBrm_Idt-uYK34DUZ--cJ_bYwPT4xmwyd_PORpyxgsTV-EB1P0nGo&disp=emb

Phone: +66 2 023 3333

Email:   [email protected]
MedPark Hospital "

I've written that off as well, my booking was with THG. But after many months of waiting and not much if any movement from them, I got Astra Zeneca from Lat Phrao hospital instead, which was apart from admin fees like 150 or something, free. Social Security Office offered me Pfizer booster at Jewelry Trade Center and I took that, which was completely free of charge.

I'm still receiving messages from THG on Line application, but none that my queue is ready. In fact, a few months back I just deleted their chat, as I'm not getting anything from them anyway. Just pity I paid them for both shots, not just one. But... lesson learned.

Despite all this, I do hope THG or whoever else, still provides alternatives if government fails to deliver on promises. Just maybe in a way that is less threatening to health ministry might be more effective.