Market-related COVID-19 infection clusters found in 21 Thai provinces

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-47.png

Clusters of infections related to market places have been reported in Bangkok and 20 other provinces, as the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) warns of a possible surge in infections in the next 1-2 weeks related to the Chinese New Year.

CCSA assistant spokesperson Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan said today (Thursday) that market-related clusters have been reported in Saraburi, Chon Buri, Kanchanaburi, Si Sa Ket, Ubon Ratchathani, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Nan, Roi-et, Nakhon Ratchasima, Pathum Thani, Surin, Lop Buri, Prachin Buri, Tak, Khon Kaen, Ang Thong, Chiang Mai, Ayutthaya, Udon Thani, Samut Sakhon and Bangkok.

She urged governors of provinces with clusters to ensure that all markets strictly comply with the Health Department’s universal preventive measures, which include, among other things, all vendors being fully inoculated, the cleansing of all contact points with disinfectant and maintaining a clean market.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/market-related-covid-19-infection-clusters-found-in-21-thai-provinces/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-02-03

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Wonder how many cluster went unreported from Makro, Tesco/Lotus and the likes of Big C, the cat was out of the bag yonks ago and now it's spreading like wild fire and herd immunity will hopefully arrive within the next month or so......quick go and get boosted for the flu....lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

She urged governors of provinces with clusters to ensure that all markets strictly comply with the Health Department’s universal preventive measures, which include, among other things, all vendors being fully inoculated, the cleansing of all contact points with disinfectant and maintaining a clean market.

Come take a look at my local markets wet/dry flea market more like a flea pit!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Come take a look at my local markets wet/dry flea market more like a flea pit!!!!

same everywhere .......  I was at one market a few weeks back and where they were cutting up the pork to hang up and sell there must have been  2000  large black flies on all the pieces.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, steven100 said:

same everywhere .......  I was at one market a few weeks back and where they were cutting up the pork to hang up and sell there must have been  2000  large black flies on all the pieces.  

The fish cleaning section in my local market is a real eye-opener, not for the faint hearted.

Any foreign tourist needing a taste of Thailand would throw up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The fish cleaning section in my local market is a real eye-opener, not for the faint hearted.

Any foreign tourist needing a taste of Thailand would throw up.

I saw one in China and am now steeled against anything here. 

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2022 at 6:38 AM, brommers said:

When there's a cluster in a a couple of bars in Thonglor they close down the whole industry for a year but when it's a market there is virtually no restriction. So much for having the best interests of the population in their minds.

People gotta eat but they don't need to hang out & party. Simple fact.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 6:38 AM, brommers said:

When there's a cluster in a a couple of bars in Thonglor they close down the whole industry for a year but when it's a market there is virtually no restriction. So much for having the best interests of the population in their minds.

The bars in Thonglor are, probably, mostly frequented by a couple of middle-class people. Like middle-class people around the world, they never complain, and, due to their low number, do not pose a threat to the regime. They just move on to the next club or event. At Thai markets, on the other hand, large numbers of Thailand's poor haggle for 1 or 2 baht, to either, bring food on the table, or make a living. - The ruling class knows too well not to mess with this large part of the populace...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 8:31 AM, jacko45k said:

I saw one in China and am now steeled against anything here. 

China are having some pretty cruel ways of preparing and serving fish.

Documentary showed this one.

A live carp being cut into and they dip it into frying oil, but just the lower body, so when it's served the fish is still gasping for air and gills are moving.

Bon appetit....

On 2/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, brommers said:

Closing markets for long period of time is not acceptable. It is the life line of Thai people and most vendors. Most bars in Thailand are just front  for brothels where bride seekers and orgy seekers hang out and if they want to drink they can do so in their home. Yes it affects the local people just like sex workers through out the World. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

Yep, I have a mate lives in Phimai, NE of Korat, the market there has been shut from this morning until 8th Feb, lots of infections apparently, he usually goes to the bar that is directly opposite the market, not sure if that was open tonight, he likes to sit outside and people watch, which is what I do when I go up to see him for a couple of days.