Which Insulation Material under the Roof?

gejohesch

1 hour ago, gamb00ler said:

earlier post to mine has same content

I like to think of it as adding air conditioning to a car, you can stay without it if you like, but when these whirly birds spin, they spin, that said, they extracts a lot of hot air which I don't want in my roof space.

So it's a personal choice, and as I know they work for me, they suit me, I am not going to try and convince the die hard ones, let them be without them for all I care, I'm cool ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I like to think of it as adding air conditioning to a car, you can stay without it if you like, but when these whirly birds spin, they spin, that said, they extracts a lot of hot air which I don't want in my roof space.

Viva Marketing!

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

So it is the passing wind that spins them aiding extraction!

They do work as a static vent but they work so much better with wind assistance.

Soffit vents (or air intakes) are just as important to facilitate extraction.

The following video provides a good demonstration.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Encid said:

They do work as a static vent but they work so much better with wind assistance.

Again, it's another marketing video, nicely produced I should add.

I'm sure there are many more similar videos out there.

Those videos never provide any evidence or anything of scientific value to back up their claims.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Probably I should have addressed the post to @Will B Good since it seems he may have similar tiles to yours and not know about the cut insulation designed specifically for that style of ceiling.

No problem the foil cover rolls from homemart at the time were the same width as our ceiling tiles.

So no problems and the room is 4 X 8 and the rolls were 4 m.

Edited by Kwasaki

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

No problem the foil cover rolls from homemart at the time were the same width as our ceiling tiles.

So no problems and the room is 4 X 8 and the rolls were 4 m.

Well it certainly can be a problem. In the case of my old ceiling it would have been impossible to roll any width of insulation or any length. This was because the wires holding up the metal grid that the panels sit in obstructed in both directions. This meant that the ONLY possible insulation had to be the size of the panel it was on top of. 

in our current house we have continuous ceilings so roll insulation works easily 

• Like 1