Thailand Pass Processing Delays

10 minutes ago, tweezer said:

My friend applied and got confirmation on Tuesday 1-Feb in the evening.  His Thai Pass was approved today, so about 4.5 days.

Where is he going, Phuket?  I would imagine with sandbox history the hotels there might be more up to speed with the systems now in place.

that video is the usual youtube BS
you read about highly varying results; a few hours up to a few days.
I find you tubers a poor source of information as they aim for maximum effect and clicks and are usually ill-informed.

Edited by orchis

16 hours ago, overherebc said:

So,

If the hotel for day 5 responds prior to the hotel for day 1 will that cause the application to be rejected?

This situation cannot arise according to the information given in the video, because hotel 2 will get the request to click-approve only if and after hotel 1 has click-approved.

15 hours ago, orchis said:

that video is the usual youtube BS
you read about highly varying results; a few hours up to a few days.
I find you tubers a poor source of information as they aim for maximum effect and clicks and are usually ill-informed.

Do you personally know of any Thailand Pass application made under the new rules, ie on or after 1 February 2022, that was approved within "a few hours"?

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

This situation cannot arise according to the information given in the video, because hotel 2 will get the request to click-approve only if and after hotel 1 has click-approved.

Then strange video by an experienced YouTuber...

5 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

so is this post just to raise her viewers?

lol 

No. From the video it is very clear that she is a co-owner of a business that offers (sells) a service to assist with Thailand Pass applications. Therefore, in addition to giving us insight into how the approval process works, she is indirectly promoting her business. Nothing wrong with that, of course, in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Maestro said:

Do you personally know of any Thailand Pass application made under the new rules, ie on or after 1 February 2022, that was approved within "a few hours"?

Applied T&G Friday 4th Feb, got the approval Sunday 6th Feb. Surprised that they are working on the weekend, or maybe an automated workflow once the hotel approves. I used same hotel for both PCR test days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maestro said:

No. From the video it is very clear that she is a co-owner of a business that offers (sells) a service to assist with Thailand Pass applications. Therefore, in addition to giving us insight into how the approval process works, she is indirectly promoting her business. Nothing wrong with that, of course, in my opinion.

So the answwr is actually yes hahaha i hate these kind of videos. Thnx

5 hours ago, Capella said:

Applied T&G Friday 4th Feb, got the approval Sunday 6th Feb. Surprised that they are working on the weekend, or maybe an automated workflow once the hotel approves. I used same hotel for both PCR test days.

From the approval within one hour I have seen under version 1 of T&G and your approval within three days under version 2, the verification process is obviously highly automated.

Nobody types passport numbers or other details from the passport's ID page into the computer. The machine-readable code is read automatically and compared to available databases as necessary.

The vaccination certificate's QR code of EU-style certificates and some other countries with whom Thailand has made arrangements is verified automatically. Nobody is holding a QR reader over the codes.

The confirmation of the hotel reservations goes through OCR and the computer automatically sends out the sequential requests to the hotels for click-confirmation.

Etcetera.

This is how imagine this happening, when an applicant uploads clearly legible images of the requested documents. It is the hotels' click-confirmation added onto version 2 that is slowing down the new process. (Did under version 1 perhaps too many applicants upload fake reservation confirmations?)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, treetops said:

Passes are issued by the ministry dependent on travel dates so if someone has applied weeks in advance they'll have a long delay as others travelling sooner will be prioritised.

I travel back to Thailand at the beginning of March - but wanted to get well ahead of the game an applied before leaving Thailand. 

1st Feb - Application submitted - Confirmation e-mail received. No registration info (after logging in) - QR code received on 6th-Feb > 5 days.

2nd Feb - Application submitted (with different e-mail) - Confirmation e-mail received. Could register and saw status ‘reviewing' (after logging in) - QR code received on 7th-Feb > 5 days.

(I placed the 2nd application because there was 'no registered informatoin’ when I logged into check my initial applications). 

Note: Both applications submitted approximated 4 weeks ahead of time took 5 days to receive a QR code. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, treetops said:

Passes are issued by the ministry dependent on travel dates so if someone has applied weeks in advance they'll have a long delay as others travelling sooner will be prioritised.

Nonsense.

I know someone travelling on the 23rd, applied on the 5th, received TP on the 7th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2022 at 6:29 AM, Namplik said:

Sent the application for test and go on 1 February. Not approved yet....

Did you receive a conformation of registration e-mail with a 6 digit code ?

(6 digit code also given on last page of registration on the Thailand pass site)

Have you logged in, with your 6 digit code to check if the application is under review ?

If no to both definitely apply again.

If in doubt - it won’t hurt your existing application to apply again. 

• Like 2

It is good to see these first-hand reports of Thailand Pass approvals. So far, minimum time 20 hours, maximum 6 days.

It is also good to see that priority is given to processing of applications for flights that are very soon after the application date.

Another thought: sometimes or perhaps mostly, the hotel for the PCR test on day 1 and for the test on day 5 is the same. When this is the case, there is one verification step less and this reduces processing time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Applied on 2nd Feb for Flight on 5th Feb, Pass EMailed 20 hours later in 3rd Feb...

I was surprised !

Yup it was cutting it close but no real other options date wise ...

Congratulations! Let's see who will break this record for the quickest approval under TP version2.

28 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Another thought: sometimes or perhaps mostly, the hotel for the PCR test on day 1 and for the test on day 5 is the same. When this is the case, there is one verification step less and this reduces processing time.

An interesting point... I had no idea this has any impact. 

If what you are saying is true, our application relies on the hotels verifying our booking on some sort of Thailand Pass booking verification site - Is there such a thing ?

For the purposes of Info: My 1 & 5 booking is at the same hotel (5 days for approval).

(back in the CoE days - it too 3 hrs for an ASQ and 1 day for SandBox)

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

From the approval within one hour I have seen under version 1 of T&G and your approval within three days under version 2, the verification process is obviously highly automated.

Nobody types passport numbers or other details from the passport's ID page into the computer. The machine-readable code is read automatically and compared to available databases as necessary.

The vaccination certificate's QR code of EU-style certificates and some other countries with whom Thailand has made arrangements is verified automatically. Nobody is holding a QR reader over the codes.

The confirmation of the hotel reservations goes through OCR and the computer automatically sends out the sequential requests to the hotels for click-confirmation.

Etcetera.

This is how imagine this happening, when an applicant uploads clearly legible images of the requested documents. It is the hotels' click-confirmation added onto version 2 that is slowing down the new process. (Did under version 1 perhaps too many applicants upload fake reservation confirmations?)

Given the sheer volume of applications, and that mine was approved over a weekend, I think that it must be the case that the process is highly automated. 

No need to OCR the reservations as the name of the hotel and dates  chosen from a drop down list. Probably nobody looks at the reservation itself, and it's simply forwarded to the hotel along with the name and dates for the hotel to authenticate, which then advances the workflow automatically. 

The vaccination part of the application contains a separate section to upload enlarged QR codes from the vaccination certificate for faster (probably automated) processing. It's probably important here to ensure that the QR codes on these enlargements are clear, and not blurred as can sometimes happen with enlarged jpeg images. I did this by zooming into the original Australian pdf vaccine certificate until the QR codes filled the screen, then snipped the QR code and converted it into a high quality jpeg where all the tiny squares were perfectly visible. In Australia you only get one certificate for both vaccinations so I used the same QR code in both sections of the application form. Illegible QR codes likely require human intervention, showing down the process. 

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Did you receive a conformation of registration e-mail with a 6 digit code ?

(6 digit code also given on last page of registration on the Thailand pass site)

Have you logged in, with your 6 digit code to check if the application is under review ?

If no to both definitely apply again.

If in doubt - it won’t hurt your existing application to apply again. 

Yes and yes....

My application however was approved yesterday morning, it took about 6 days in my case. All good now ????

• Like 1

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Note: Both applications submitted approximated 4 weeks ahead of time took 5 days to receive a QR code. 

13 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Nonsense.

I know someone travelling on the 23rd, applied on the 5th, received TP on the 7th.

They appear to have caught up with the initial backlog.  They were being processed as I described for the first few days at least.

After initial rejection due to unclear health insurance doc i've had my second application i'vew now recieved TP.

1st attempt - 48 hours, the rejection was very clear to what was wrong 'unclear insurance doc'.

2nd attempt - 40 hours, TP QR code sent.

I love a moan but tbh i think this TP system is pretty straight forward.

Edited by HashBrownHarry