No insurance for non-b and work permit holders?

Hi,

i read somewhere (cannot find now where) that if you are out of thailand (for visit home country or else) and coming back to thailand, if you have a work permit and non-b visa and if you have social security number (thai government insurance -that white small paper-) provided from your work you DONT need to make any covid insurance when entering to thailand. is it true?

Also i couldnt find anything about non-b and work permit holders or maybe i missed it in this forum. Can someone provide what we need to enter thailand if we have non-b and work permit.

Im planning to visit my country for 2 weeks in April or May. And i dont want any surprises when coming back. 

You will need to apply for a plastic social fund card at your local social fund office. This is to ensure your social fund payments are up to date.

They are valid for 2 years from date of issue. They cost 10 baht and take 1-2 months processing time. They are posted to your employer.

20211222_222542.thumb.jpg.e33c6013559e8a78be0e7442b2db24a1.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blackcab said:

You will need to apply for a plastic social fund card at your local social fund office. This is to ensure your social fund payments are up to date.

They are valid for 2 years from date of issue. They cost 10 baht and take 1-2 months processing time. They are posted to your employer.

20211222_222542.thumb.jpg.e33c6013559e8a78be0e7442b2db24a1.jpg

great info, thank you

and.. what documents do i need to apply? I already have it but not plastic only paper one. And i have my social security no too. 

Edited by problemfarang

2 hours ago, problemfarang said:

great info, thank you

and.. what documents do i need to apply? I already have it but not plastic only paper one. And i have my social security no too. 

I didn't apply for it myself. From memory it was my original passport and original work permit, a copy of my passport, a copy of my work permit and an authority letter for the admin staff who went to the social fund office.

• Like 1

@problemfarang I haven't heard of anyone using their social fund cards to apply for a ThaiPass. If you do this perhaps you could start a separate topic to keep others in the same situation up to date.

I don't wish this upon you at all, but I am wondering what happens to someone with this card who tests positive on day 1 or day 5. I really hope nobody has to find out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thedemon said:

You don't need a physical card (which are no longer routinely issued) to apply for Thailand Pass.

Go to: https://ssoconnect.mywallet.co/ and enter your SS number and mobile phone number.

If you don't already have a wallet app on your phone then just follow the instructions on the above site to install.

You should then see a screen like this;

Screenshot_20220206-161541.thumb.jpg.6a21f4aa6f6b42d307dbac693fe99f76.jpg

Take a screenshot of that and upload that as your proof of insurance for Thailand Pass. I know it works because I have done it and there were no issues.

great, thanks a lot

3 hours ago, blackcab said:

@problemfarang I haven't heard of anyone using their social fund cards to apply for a ThaiPass. If you do this perhaps you could start a separate topic to keep others in the same situation up to date.

I don't wish this upon you at all, but I am wondering what happens to someone with this card who tests positive on day 1 or day 5. I really hope nobody has to find out.

sure, i will post a new topic when i start things.

yes, if you have social insurance from where you are working in thailand, immigration and embassy accept. no need extra 50K usd insurance

thnx

14 hours ago, problemfarang said:

sure, i will post a new topic when i start things.

yes, if you have social insurance from where you are working in thailand, immigration and embassy accept. no need extra 50K usd insurance

thnx

Or retired and still paying into the system

17 hours ago, thedemon said:

You don't need a physical card (which are no longer routinely issued) to apply for Thailand Pass.

Go to: https://ssoconnect.mywallet.co/ and enter your SS number and mobile phone number.

If you don't already have a wallet app on your phone then just follow the instructions on the above site to install.

You should then see a screen like this;

Screenshot_20220206-161541.thumb.jpg.6a21f4aa6f6b42d307dbac693fe99f76.jpg

Take a screenshot of that and upload that as your proof of insurance for Thailand Pass. I know it works because I have done it and there were no issues.

I downloaded SSO Connect app, and entered my SSO number and password that was registered on their website: https://www.sso.go.th/wpr/main/login

Shows menu where I can see all payments going back decades. Doesn't show the QR code like yours, though, in any of the menus. That's on iOS. Just total paid in, along with last month payment, and icons for various health services, as well as payment details page and one where you can make payment. The settings page is all inactive. Overall, a very poorly written app. Explains 2 star rating in AppStore.

49 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I downloaded SSO Connect app, and entered my SSO number and password that was registered on their website: https://www.sso.go.th/wpr/main/login

Shows menu where I can see all payments going back decades. Doesn't show the QR code like yours, though, in any of the menus. That's on iOS. Just total paid in, along with last month payment, and icons for various health services, as well as payment details page and one where you can make payment. The settings page is all inactive. Overall, a very poorly written app. Explains 2 star rating in AppStore.

for the app i think i didnt entered my password. just asking for the SSO number and your phone number then it directly gives that QR