Test and Go: 1st & 5th day Covid test hotel

few questions if anyone has some input much appreciated

1. Is it correct that the 1st and 5th day must be a "SHA Extra Plus" hotel not just a "SHA PLUS"?

2. Does this have to be the same hotel? or can it be totally different hotels in different locations?

3. On booking dot com website, there seems to be no option to pay for the Covid test for these "SHA Extra Plus" hotels, they just advertise the room only. But during reservation we must pay for Covid test as well?

4. I seem to remember somewhere it said hotel reservations must be at least 15,000 baht is that right?

1. That is what it states on Thailand Pass site.

image.png.3469afe709cc2fd9ef679b3f46fe50fc.png

2. It can be at different hotels at a different location.

3. The best way may be do you hotel reservations directly with them.

4. That is the minim deposit for a AQ hotel for those doing the 7/10/14 day quarantines.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. That is what it states on Thailand Pass site.

image.png.3469afe709cc2fd9ef679b3f46fe50fc.png

2. It can be at different hotels at a different location.

3. The best way may be do you hotel reservations directly with them.

4. That is the minim deposit for a AQ hotel for those doing the 7/10/14 day quarantines.

thanks, that helps.

1 minute ago, STD Warehouse said:

So it seems as we need to pre book the covid test we have to phone up the hotel to make the booking?

Seems a bit old fashioned, they can take credit card payments over the phone? Or we just pay on arrival?

My understanding is that the two tests must be prepaid - through the hotel(s).

18 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

So it seems as we need to pre book the covid test we have to phone up the hotel to make the booking?

No, you can do by mail.

19 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Seems a bit old fashioned, they can take credit card payments over the phone? Or we just pay on arrival?

They'll also take payment by bank transfer.

Full payment is required to upload to Thai Pass site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STD Warehouse said:

So Thai hotels must be able to take credit card payment over the phone, right? (otherwise no one is able to pre pay)

check out your preferred T&G hotel website to pay online.

can also check out aq.in.th website for list of approved T&G hotels.

for example, i'm considering aster hotel pattaya (walking distance to my condo) B7700 for day 1 & 5.  

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

I think it's to stop you disappearing after you take the second test. I believe 'officially' you must remain in your room until the result of the test is known

Or to try to ensure that the 2nd test is actually undertaken, which they couldn't do under original T&G . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bvor said:

check out your preferred T&G hotel website to pay online.

can also check out aq.in.th website for list of approved T&G hotels.

for example, i'm considering aster hotel pattaya (walking distance to my condo) B7700 for day 1 & 5.  

why so expensive for only 2 days?! is it like actually you are paying for full 5 days or 2 days?

if for 2 days 7700 is crazy. Actually its crazy too for 5 days. 

are there any hotels cheaper? something around 3K ?

Also what if i bring my own ATK with me? can i use it or i must theirs?

cant i arrange a hotel like 2 or 3K and tell them this is only for 2 days thing?

please dont tell me hotels are just abusing this because you have no other option? 

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

It must be a PCR test and is included in the price. (About 3,000 to 4,000 baht each in most places.)

Good luck on trying to get into Thailand on an ATK.

30 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

why so expensive for only 2 days?! is it like actually you are paying for full 5 days or 2 days?

if for 2 days 7700 is crazy. Actually its crazy too for 5 days. 

cant i arrange a hotel like 2 or 3K and tell them this is only for 2 days thing?

please dont tell me hotels are just abusing this because you have no other option? 

A PCR test costs between 2500-3500 baht so 2 nights hotel, 2 PCR tests and airport transfer to Pattaya seems pretty good at 7700 baht

Blame the Thai government insisting on 2 PCR within 5 days of arrival for the high costs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

3K for five days? Or 600 baht per day. Even hard to find a dump for that price pre-covid. 

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

2 days 7700 is crazy

It covers two PCR test, a transfer from airport to the hotel and two nights stay. How is that crazy? 

I am not a big fan of this nexus between government-hotel-and-hospital. But if you choose to come to Thailand, instead of going to another place it is what you pay and not a crazy price. The question is why do you want to come to Thailand? Are you looking for your thai brides in Thailand? If not, you can go to any other places that do not have the nexus. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

A PCR test costs between 2500-3500 baht so 2 nights hotel, 2 PCR tests and airport transfer to Pattaya seems pretty good at 7700 baht

Blame the Thai government insisting on 2 PCR within 5 days of arrival for the high costs

3800 at BKK / Pattaya hospital.

They have improved the turnaround times now tho, results 6-8 hours.

13 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I am not a big fan of this nexus between government-hotel-and-hospital. But if you choose to come to Thailand, instead of going to another place it is what you pay and not a crazy price. The question is why do you want to come to Thailand? Are you looking for your thai brides in Thailand? If not, you can go to any other places that do not have the nexus. 

im living and working in thailand for 17 yrs dude. take it easy. just wanted to know why so expensive. didnt know PCR is that expensive. feeling better now?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

hmm... thnx didnt know PCR prices. i saw some hotels saying 1st day & 5th day. 3000 + 3000

13 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

3K for five days? Or 600 baht per day. Even hard to find a dump for that price pre-covid. 

you know there are really reasonable rooms you can stay 1st and 5th day for 450-500 baht, right? if you dont know use your friend, google or just take a walk around instead of walking at sukhumvit soi nana. 

but like i said i didnt know about the PCR prices so now that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Ever thought that maybe some people enough money to stay where they want?

well we/were talking about this:

8 hours ago, problemfarang said:

so you are not making any sense at this point. see ya..

• Confused 1

Just trying to work out my travel and test dates. 

If I can arrange it my flight would arrive at 9:00am on 4th March so day 5 would be 8th. Is that right?  I know it  seems a bit picky but I need to work around my wife's work commitments.

Edited by kimamey

5 hours ago, seancar29 said:

Can anyone see the day 5 test being relaxed back to the original test and go on arrival for the first night? 

I don't. There was always a requirement to get a second PCR test which was free of charge if performed at a government hospital. There were many problems with this second test including people not doing it, government hospitals in remote provinces not understanding the process, and difficulties in providing proof of the test and the results through the MorChana App.

31 minutes ago, donx said:

I don't. There was always a requirement to get a second PCR test which was free of charge if performed at a government hospital. 

No,it's not free of charge if done at a government hospital.

I have asked this before, foreigners must pay at around 3000 baht per test. Only Thai citizens get it for free.

On 2/6/2022 at 1:29 PM, overherebc said:

I think it's to stop you disappearing after you take the second test. I believe 'officially' you must remain in your room until the result of the test is known

True. One tourist did disappear after taking the test but before knowing the result. It made the headline and a hunt for him.

He was charged and fined. Possibly deported.

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Yes, i think it'll be gone soon.

The TP dates only go up to 3rd April, whether this is a sign or not who knows but i think it'll get dropped.

Only when the cases are low which will take a long time. Thai govt is very paranoid.