Test and Go: 1st & 5th day Covid test hotel

53 minutes ago, EricTh said:

No,it's not free of charge if done at a government hospital.

I have asked this before, foreigners must pay at around 3000 baht per test. Only Thai citizens get it for free.

My wife, son, and daughter - all US citizens - received their second PCR test for free on January 3rd. That was with the original Test & Go program. All they needed to show was the pink receipt they received upon entry into Thailand on December 28.

The Test & Go reboot charges for the the second PCR test.

5 minutes ago, donx said:

My wife, son, and daughter - all US citizens - received their second PCR test for free on January 3rd. That was with the original Test & Go program. All they needed to show was the pink receipt they received upon entry into Thailand on December 28.

The Test & Go reboot charges for the the second PCR test.

I think it's already included in the package for the one day SHA stay. It's not free. You paid 5000-6000 baht  and it includes the test.

Edited by EricTh

14 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I think it's already included in the package for the one day SHA stay. It's not free. You paid 5000-6000 baht  and it includes the test.

No, it wasn't. I booked their hotel separately on Agoda.com. Then I received an email from the hotel saying that the cost for the PCR test and transit from the airport would be 2000 per traveler and 1450 for the airport transit to the hospital for testing and then onto the hotel.

Test&GoCapture.jpg

12 hours ago, donx said:

No, it wasn't. I booked their hotel separately on Agoda.com. Then I received an email from the hotel saying that the cost for the PCR test and transit from the airport would be 2000 per traveler and 1450 for the airport transit to the hospital for testing and then onto the hotel.

Test&GoCapture.jpg

Which hospital is this that give free Covid test to foreigners that is unrelated to the 1 day quarantine?

I would like to go there.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Which hospital is this that give free Covid test to foreigners that is unrelated to the 1 day quarantine?

I would like to go there.

The hospital was the government hospital in Phatthalung.

This was with the first Test & Go program which stopped taking applications on December 22. In that version of Test & Go, the second PCR test was free. The traveler was responsible for going to a government run hospital on day 5 - 7 to get tested, but there was no fee.

With the current version of Test & Go, the traveler pays for the second PCR test as well as for another night in an SHA++ hotel to await the results.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, donx said:

The hospital was the government hospital in Phatthalung.

This was with the first Test & Go program which stopped taking applications on December 22. In that version of Test & Go, the second PCR test was free. The traveler was responsible for going to a government run hospital on day 5 - 7 to get tested, but there was no fee.

With the current version of Test & Go, the traveler pays for the second PCR test as well as for another night in an SHA++ hotel to await the results.

Then it's actually part of the package that you paid for the first SHA hotel.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

Then it's actually part of the package that you paid for the first SHA hotel.

No it's not. Didn't you see my receipt from the first SHA++ hotel? We only paid for the first PCR tests (for 3 travelers) and the airport transit. The first SHA++ never paid for the second PCR test which was done in Phatthalung province far away from the hotel in Bangkok and at the provincial government run hotel FOR FREE!

I don't think you grasp the differences between the original Test & Go program and the current version.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marokai said:

Need to come to BKK for 4 days leaving day 5.

Can i avoid payment for the 5th day PCR and hotel in my case?

I think you can avoid the 5th day PCR and hotel if you only stay 4 days. I read that somewhere and also saw someone post their Test & Go Thailand Pass that stated their pass was good for 5 or more days. That leads me to believe that if you enter a departure date 4 days after your arrival, then you won't be required to submit proof of a pre-purchased 5th day SHA++ one night stay with PCR test.