Covid-19 Insurance with TGIA

I apologise profusley forlabouring this question and would appreciate any first hand knowledge of the situation.

I am 83 years old and will shortly be going to UK to see my Son and Daughter.   Because of my age I am advised by brokers to use TGIA.

The TGIA website only offers a period of 30 days.   However, I am told that the coverage should be for the length of my Retirement Stamp.

Is TGIA Insurance only for visitors to Thailand or would 30 days be sufficient even though I will not have a return ticket at the end of the

days ?

Edited by Havenstreet1940

28 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

When COVID-19 first reared its ugly head me & the mrs had the 800 baht insurance each, I don't suppose that's still available is it ??

Was that the covid insurance that pays 100k baht if you get infected and includes a higher amount if you die from it or are permanently disabled.

I got the first year 2020 for 750 baht and renewed it last year for 680 baht. Roojai sent me an email offering the renewal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Was that the covid insurance that pays 100k baht if you get infected and includes a higher amount if you die from it or are permanently disabled.

I got the first year 2020 for 750 baht and renewed it last year for 680 baht. Roojai sent me an email offering the renewal.

That's the one, we never received an email from Roojai offering a renewal, hence my question, I'll send them an email and see what they have to say. Thanks ????????????

Several people have mentioned AXA Thailand for insurance. Has anyone used them with existing medical conditions? Failing that are there any others that can be recommended.

I've had high blood pressure and cholesterol for years and I always mentioned it so it put the cost up a bit but not too much. After I got married I didn't need it as I'm covered as my wife is a civil government worker. 

At the beginning of November I had my prostate removed due to cancer and as far as we can tell it hasn't spread so I'm cancer free but it's now an issue when applying for insurance when I return to Thailand. It's a bit ridiculous as I only went to the doctor because I was having a bit of a problem peeing although not the usual multiple trips to the toilet at night. Examination found I had an enlarged prostate which isn't a surprise at 67 but no problems could be felt. Using a finger only feels one side so it's not foolproof. Using a risk calculator only showed a 12% chance of detecting cancer, with a 3% chance of significance and it was up to me whether I went for an MRI scan with a prostate biopsy if anything showed up. I decided to have the scan as they are easy but I wasn't keen on the biopsy. In the end I had both and the prostatectomy as cancer was found on on the right side and there was a risk of the cancer spreading outside of the prostate. I've now had the cancer removed and it's relevant to insurance but if I'd decided not to have the MRI due to the low risk I'd now have cancer at a high risk of spreading but it would have no effect on my insurance.