“Working” around the house & garden, Work permit needed or nonsense?

Depends on who you <deleted> off. I did it for years, sweat drenching me, even in the cooler hours. They just thought I was ting-tong or maybe too tight to employ a Burmese. But I got along with my neighbours, even the keenoks next door who worked at the water board.

• Like 2

you said you went to buy some beers... did you see how many beer bottles they had in front of them? lol

next time when you see them, tell them that its illegal and a big crime to change the laws or telling lies about the law. and the punishment is, jail

Edited by problemfarang
  • Haha 2

Thank the gods for the older wiser ANow Masters.

I have a habit of not spouting on about anything in LOS unless its been confirmed by the Masters first ... why? Cause I know 'sweet f a' when it comes to this amazing mysterious place in the sun.

• Haha 2

I wish I didn't have to do so many jobs around the house, i'm quite willing to pay to have work done, unfortunately not only do they make a bad job, they normally end up breaking something else. Thiis the latest F up of having new windows and fly screens fitted. I have done a diagonal measurement of the fly screens and they are 25mm out of square on ALL 4 screens ! ???? ????

IMG_20220208_091354.thumb.jpg.0f4af2b014b600b79f758caa3a97550a.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Thank the gods for the older wiser ANow Masters.

You shouldn't have included the term "older". The rumour invariably comes from "older" expats and was quite rife 20 years ago,  haven't see it raise it's ugly head for some time now.

• Thanks 1

I haven't seen any details of the law for a few years now but I do remember that it is quite vague and defined work as using your skill or knowledge whether paid or not. There is also no mention of "work that could be done by a Thai".

Strictly speaking, your friend is probably correct and you could be prosecuted for working in your own home. In reality, I have not known anyone that has been prosecuted and I think it doubtful that anyone ever will be.

• Like 1