Cannabis to Be Removed from Drug List

snoop1130

Just now, Pique Dard said:

let's hope that Mr Anutin has also taken measures for an effective control of drivers under the influence of this drug - it is a drug, whether people like it or not-.

it's necessary when you see the staggering number of drunk drivers in thailand

This is the one valid issue with legalizing weed. And it is not easily solved.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, timendres said:

This is the one valid issue with legalizing weed. And it is not easily solved.

But not impossible. UK police now have had a breath test for cannabis and cocaine since 2015. If positive a blood test will then be done for other drugs. Not a perfect solution but at least a deterrent.

• Like 2

Say what you will about this junta government - they have been suprisingly liberal in some areas - doing commissions on legalizing gambling, decriminalizing weed....just hope they will move forward with same sex civil union rights.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul will sign an announcement to remove cannabis and hemp from its drugs list tomorrow and the change will take effect 120 days after being published in the Royal Gazette.

Another nightmare in the making.

Thais will believe they can do as they like with it... along with a proportion of foreigners, living here or on holiday.

If DUI wasn't enough of a worry now including driving stoned out of their minds.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mvdf said:

hmmmm... heavier scrutiny by Customs when arriving in Europe from BKK or HKT in the future.

Especially customs with imported goods from Thailand... I don't think they thought that through yet.
Send Cannabis derived goods to a country where it's illegal you might be getting into a smuggling charge?

25 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I've driven stoned many times (on private land) as my friend's family owned a huge farm and a few of us would drive out through the fields to the elevated areas with the best views in a Land Rover and smoke copious amounts of weed, watch the sunset and generally talk nonsense. I always drove very carefully when stoned, very cautious and focused, kind of "in the zone". I'd go as far as to say I was safer on the way back to the farmhouse (absolutely caned on weed) than I was on the way out (straight). 

I also did the same journey drunk (and once on Acid but that's a different story altogether) and drove like a complete lunatic. The two are very different drugs. 

Disclaimer ; No animals were harmed during these journeys.

And here, in a single post, we learn why this is such a bad idea!

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I've driven stoned many times (on private land) as my friend's family owned a huge farm and a few of us would drive out through the fields to the elevated areas with the best views in a Land Rover and smoke copious amounts of weed, watch the sunset and generally talk nonsense. I always drove very carefully when stoned, very cautious and focused, kind of "in the zone". I'd go as far as to say I was safer on the way back to the farmhouse (absolutely caned on weed) than I was on the way out (straight). 

I also did the same journey drunk (and once on Acid but that's a different story altogether) and drove like a complete lunatic. The two are very different drugs. 

It slows your reaction time. Shouldn't make light of it. When the masses start getting high and driving around on public roads, then you'll see the difference.

As for me, I get high on full consciousness, not by obliterating part of my brain. Real life isn't good enough for most people - and that's another reason I distrust it. Society is running away from reality. 

I know, I'm a real wowser.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Copius amounts?

It was a hemp farm or was it just bad quality?

My Kiwi friend always said if it took more than a single paper joint to get 4 people sh1tfaced it was low quality weed.

Edited by wombat

Just now, Mr Derek said:

It slows your reaction time. Shouldn't make light of it. When the masses start getting high and driving around on public roads, then you'll see the difference.

As for me, I get high on full consciousness, not by obliterating part of my brain. Real life isn't good enough for most people - and that's another reason I distrust it. Society is running away from reality. 

I know, I'm a real wowser.

Getting old also slows your reaction time. Maybe we should ban old fogies like you from the roads?

As for real life, this was just a bunch of teenagers hanging out together and having a good time. Great days.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wombat said:

My Kiwi friend always said if it took more than a single paper joint to get 4 people sh1tfaced it was low quality weed.

Your friend sounds like a lightweight making excuses to me. I'm guessing they were drunk after half a shandy as well ????.

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Getting old also slows your reaction time. Maybe we should ban old fogies like you from the roads?

As for real life, this was just a bunch of teenagers hanging out together and having a good time. Great days.

I know, and I might envy you. As I said earlier though, it's okay for those who can control themselves through a lifetime of sophisticated experience. You can't unleash stuff like this suddenly on the masses.

Just now, Mr Derek said:

I know, and I might envy you. As I said earlier though, it's okay for those who can control themselves through a lifetime of sophisticated experience. You can't unleash stuff like this suddenly on the masses.

I'm guessing they've been smoking it already.

• Like 1