Problem in UK, quick trip out and back advice

Due to a family problem, I'm trying to organise a quick trip to UK, mid/late February if I can get the flights.

I think I'll be okay getting into UK, but getting back;

Can I do all the Test & Go application before I leave Thailand? The T&G website says allow 7 days for approval, but I won't have 7 days if I wait till I'm in UK.

Looking at the requirements, I don't see anything I can't book and pay for while I'm still here.

Also, I'm on a marriage extension, ends early July. The covid insurance is supposed to cover till end of visa/extension, which would cost 13K! (Axa quote).

If I bought 30 day insurance, and a cheap flight out, to say KL in March, and uploaded both, will they still insist the insurance runs till end-of-visa?

Thanks to all.

2 minutes ago, RickBlaine said:

If I bought 30 day insurance, and a cheap flight out, to say KL in March, and uploaded both, will they still insist the insurance runs till end-of-visa?

Don't get a re-entry permit and your VISA extension ends when you leave.

Edited by BritManToo

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What do you mean by KL? Do you mean Kuala Lumpur? 

Why do you need a cheap flight out to KL?

Yes, Kuala Lumpur. I thought a flight out in March ie leaving say 20 days after returning from UK, would mean 30 days insurance cover would be okay, rather than 140 days to my end-of-extension in July. It's quite a price difference, but I don't know if it even matters/gets checked.

9 minutes ago, RickBlaine said:

Yes, Kuala Lumpur. I thought a flight out in March ie leaving say 20 days after returning from UK, would mean 30 days insurance cover would be okay, rather than 140 days to my end-of-extension in July. It's quite a price difference, but I don't know if it even matters/gets checked.

But wouldn't you also lose money on the unnecessary flight to KL?

I read some posts that said one month insurance is enough even though your visa is longer so it's not necessary to buy the air ticket to KL.

I think UbonJoe might answer this with more accurate information.

Edited by EricTh

40 minutes ago, RickBlaine said:

Many people have used 30 days of covid 19 insurance to get a Thailand pass.

Moving your post to the Thai visa forum.

As long as everything is booked and paid for, you can apply up to 60 days in advance of your trip. It doesn't matter where you are when you apply, but they may well ignore your application until it gets to 1-2 weeks out. With regard to insurance, there is nowhere in the process to upload another flight ticket. You don't give your visa details during the application either.

My husband will be returning to Thailand next week, and his insurance is only valid until June, but his visa is valid until 2023. They have issued his Thai Pass, and I'll let you know if there is any problem with the insurance once he's back.

37 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

As long as everything is booked and paid for, you can apply up to 60 days in advance of your trip. It doesn't matter where you are when you apply, but they may well ignore your application until it gets to 1-2 weeks out. With regard to insurance, there is nowhere in the process to upload another flight ticket. You don't give your visa details during the application either.

My husband will be returning to Thailand next week, and his insurance is only valid until June, but his visa is valid until 2023. They have issued his Thai Pass, and I'll let you know if there is any problem with the insurance once he's back.

Thanks for detailing that experience, had no idea about the 60 day rule. I didn't think we would have to enter visa details, but presumably the visa end date is on the passport database, an easy check for their system to make. Still, let's not give anyone ideas, if it works I'm not complaining.