Thailand Elite Visa Question

Hello,

So my situation is this year or if not this year, most likely the next when the pandemic is over, i'll be wanting to travel to Thailand quite frequently.

My Itinerary would look like 3 months in Thailand, 3 months back home, 3 months again back in Thailand, 3 months back home. I'd spend just under 6 months in Thailand per year.

I was looking at STV visa. Can you apply twice in the same year for this visa? I know they have limits or something how many times they will grant a tourist visa per year.

I think the STV visa is now only 3 months and not 9 months right as it can't be extended beyond 3 months?

The other alternative is to get Thai Elite Visa so I can come and go when I want. Does the Thai Elite Visa give you a tax file number since it has all these tax incentives? I just really need a tourist visa for my 3 months on and off and not all these tax id stuff.

Obtain a single entry tourist visa each visit. With one extension gives you 3 month stays.

You can do that ongoing.

When borders open you can even enter visa exempt obtain 30 days on entry + one extension plus one border bounce.

You are allowed 2 land visa exempt entries per calendar year.

That would also work ongoing. 

Your age? 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

A STV visa is only valid for 3 months from the date of issue and it only allows one 90 day entry that can be extended for twice for 90 days.

If the Thai embassy embassy in your home country is issuing them you can apply for a multiple entry tourist that is valid for 6 months from the  day it is issued and it allows unlimited 60 day entries that can be extended for 30 days.

A Thai Elite visa does not require a tax ID. There are certain perks that that each type of visa allows and that has nothing to do with taxes. Info can be found here.

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

When borders open you can even enter visa exempt obtain 30 days on entry + one extension plus one border bounce.

You are allowed 2 land visa exempt entries per calendar year.

That would also work ongoing. 

Your age? 

This worked out pretty well for me when I was doing basically the same returning every 70 to 90 days back to work. Of course dependes that the land borders opens again and return back to normal. 

Edited by Hummin

I have a TE visa and my advice would be to take a very close look at the small print. All the services they provide are at an additional cost, depending on the visa type and service you require.

If you believe that the visa offers you some kind of tax break, go back and read the conditions carefully. And then take a look at what you can and cannot do in terms of work/business under Thailand's general visa regulations. The TE visa does not exempt you from any of those conditions.

All that glitters isn't gold.