Video: Aggrieved Thai woman "boxer" says: "You picked on the wrong woman, mate!"

webfact

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

No, I am pointing out that we dunno what happened to start all of this.

When he was at their table clinking glasses, how do you know she was polite to him? Did she say, "No, thanks" or "F-off"?

If she was rude, (by your logic) he had every right to be mad. And although, I don't condone wasting good beer on someone, you have to expect a reaction if you are rude.

And you have to expect a reaction if you commit asault and battery on a person (pouring the drink on her) I would only report a complaint to police if a guy was too big for me to take on. If the girl didn't want to clik glasses or drink with him you just walk away doesn't matter if she says "no thank you sir"  or "f  off "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good for her...in many Asian cultures, including Thai culture, violating a person's head is forbidden and very insulting. This doofus crossed that line and he paid the price for learning this lesson.

To wit, some years ago, the Miss Universe Contest was being held in Thailand. The contestants were in a photo shoot to promote and advertise the event. They were all in skimpy bikinis in the photo shoot, and the angle of the shoot showed a Buddha statue far in the rear, such that the ladies looked like they were on the head of the Buddha statue. When the pic was released in the int'l media, the Thais went nuts over what they viewed as Buddha being violated. 

The whole thing about not violating the head in Thai and many Asian cultures has to do with their belief that the head is where the spirit resides.

You may not buy into to this, but they do...and if you violate it, just ask the doofus in this story how that worked out for him.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Women aren't very good at taking punches to the head, men are.

Winning against another woman doesn't really mean much.

I think it's a design feature.

https://www.topendsports.com/sport/boxing/women-versus-men.htm

yes Brit woman cant defeat men (in general your right but some woman do win)

Kick Boxing Battle

A kickboxing battle of the sexes version took place just after the above mentioned boxing match on October 21, 1999. Amateur Muay Thai fighter Deborah "Sunshine" Fettkether, with a 4-1-1 record, fought construction worker and first-time fighter Randy Pittman. In the fight, Fettkether easily defeated Pittman 59 seconds into the first round - Pittman had no idea what he was in for.

MMA battle

Larissa Schroeder, an amateur fighter from Brazil, squared off and beat male opponent, and her usual sparring partner, Fernando Lemos in 2015.

17 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Once someone pours a drink over you from behind I think its fair game. Sure I think hospitalising him would be a bit excessive, but a proper smack round the chops is what he deserved. Obviously the rule of law and the rules on the street differ somewhat. 

Pays to keep within the law despite the annoyance . Turn the other cheek in other words 

Hey, I love it when a woman tries to show an idiot that he crossed the line. He was hurt because she spurned his advances. He is obviously a very insecure and thin skinned man. Pouring a drink on her was way over the top. 

It is a shame she is not much of a fighter. Her weak right kick could barely harm a squirrel. She actually made herself look foolish. But social media seems to appeal to our base nature, hence the popularity. 

Edited by spidermike007

8 hours ago, 2009 said:

Why is she being praised all over social media for trying to act gangsta?

So lets all go around to wherever you are hanging out tonight and pour drink all over you, if you think it is so acceptable????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bobbin said:

That's an unfair and wrong characterization of the event, given the guy poured a drink over her head after being knocked back..

Perhaps you might like to retract that statement..

So if a women pours drink over your head you can fell proud to go out after her and attacker ..then post on on social media like you are a hero? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

And you have to expect a reaction if you commit asault and battery on a person (pouring the drink on her) I would only report a complaint to police if a guy was too big for me to take on. If the girl didn't want to clik glasses or drink with him you just walk away doesn't matter if she says "no thank you sir"  or "f  off "

So what you basically just said is you have to expect a (violent) reaction if your pour a drink on someone, but you shouldn't react at all if someone is verbally offensive to you??

Like I have been saying: we don't know why he poured the drink on her. We haven't heard his side of it.

Maybe she deserved it for how she treated him. Maybe he deserved a kicking for what he did.

Maybe they are both just as bad as each other.

Something just doesn't add up about the story. She doesn't tell us many details on what happened with him interacting with her group.

All we know is that he was trying to be sociable with her (or her group) and she didn't appreciate it and communicated that to him somehow. 

11 hours ago, 2009 said:

Strong woman defending herself against an obnoxious male. Why not?

Welcome to the new century my dinosaur friend ????

Hope someone donated the 1,000 baht fine (and then some) to her for her public service.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

So what you basically just said is you have to expect a (violent) reaction if your pour a drink on someone, but you shouldn't react at all if someone is verbally offensive to you??

exactly so

one is technically assault, the other is just annoying chatter

• Like 1

She refused his advances, he got miffed and tipped a drink over her head, she responded by trying to kick his head in. Good for her. I fail to understand why she was fined for responding to aggression by that twerp

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 2009 said:

Not the way I deal with things, but given that dumping the contents of something on someone else is still an assault - I have no reason to fault her.   I don't think she should have been fined.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 2009 said:

We really have to see what happened first.

His "advance" and "rejection"

Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't do anything wrong and was just saying cheers to the people at the table (including her) and she was rude to him.

None of us actually knows what happened first, but we are quick to judge the guy who got his ass kicked all the way down the road.

There is no excuse whatsoever for what he did. I cant believe that you think assaulting a woman (what he did was physical assault) is a good response to her rejecting you no matter how derogatory her verbal response is.

Edited by RobU
  • Thanks 1