Thai AirAsia sells 7 aircraft, leases 8 to handle future risk

webfact

AA.jpg

By Panithan Onthawornv

Asia Aviation (AAV) announced on Wednesday that its subsidiary Thai AirAsia has entered into a sale-and-leaseback deal for seven aircraft and plans to lease one more, as part of its fleet management strategy.

AAV’s board of directors agreed for Thai AirAsia to sell four Airbus A320 aircraft to Sky Aero Management and three more to Avolon Aerospace Leasing. The sale transaction is worth about 5.56 billion baht.

After selling, the airline will lease all sold aircraft back to its operation, while leasing one more Airbus A320 aircraft from Avolon. The lease transaction is worth around 4.34 billion baht. 

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/37347/thai-airasia-sells-7-aircraft-leases-8-to-handle-future-risk/

ti.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-02-09

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Like most tourism related businesses, they likely expected some courage, support and vision from the government, if a crisis ever happened. Talk about over estimating the goons. 

Though, don't know why it's considered to be independent business practice when relying and dependent on govt support. 

This has become the generated mindset everywhere, expecting govts to bail out or assist any time someone farts in the wrong direction..........another destructive and very commonly accepted ideal is that governments should be in business or overseas/subsidize business. 

Somewhere along the paths, we've been induced to consider this a given. It shouldn't be at all.

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

expecting govts to bail out or assist any time someone farts in the wrong direction.

Governments deliberately destroyed the travel business for no good reason.

If AirAsia had been allowed to operate normally, they wouldn't have been in trouble.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/9/2022 at 9:10 PM, BritManToo said:

Governments deliberately destroyed the travel business for no good reason.

If AirAsia had been allowed to operate normally, they wouldn't have been in trouble.

No, I doubt it. People stopped traveling anyhow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

The only think that stopped me travelling was Thailand closing it's borders.

You mean domestic.....? Because if so, that was a Provincial thing ....

If International, well airlines stopped flying and the destination may well have closed its doors. I made the decision not to travel well before Thailand closed it's borders... 

Just now, jacko45k said:

You mean domestic.....? Because if so, that was a Provincial thing ....

If International, well airlines stopped flying and the destination may well have closed its doors. I made the decision not to travel well before Thailand closed it's borders... 

I made it back to Thailand with 25 minutes to spare the night they closed the borders.

21 hours ago, Mickeem said:

Yes not as frequently as before from Bkk and DMK but have services to and from Krabi Phuket Khon Kaen Hua Hin Hat Yai and Suratani

Thanks! I have heard several times of Thai Air Asia's demise. I liked it when the flight attendants wore jeans.