Warning. Covid19 Thai Insurance.

13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

https://www.axa.co.th/faq-sawasdee-thailand-inbound

From their FAQ document linked to above:

Thanks. I read that and want to trust it...

1) I can't get to AXA's actual policy until after I buy it. Anybody have that?

2) Anybody think it's wise to get 15 days coverage instead of 7 days coverage in case of added quarantine period costs?

Or put another way...

3) Will the 7 days term cover the time, including quarantine time, if the 5th day test is positive?

21 minutes ago, ding said:

Clearly you're not from the country I'm leaving- America. ????

Insurance here doesn't cover what it's supposed to, where it's supposed to, when you need it to.

Medical insurance here is actually much better than it used to be years previous. Premiums are tax subsidized up front and about 75% cheaper in my case. They can't deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions like they used to now (which is most Americans).

Cheers!

Nope, not from America so can’t help you there 

from what I’ve read online though, a good credit card may cover it 

i know mine did, but I don’t think you’re allowed to use a credit cards insurance for entry into Thailand 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Incase anyone wonders what AXA is saying

image.thumb.png.633b3a8a53278931765441cdf5c96baa.png

THERE! Thank you. So, it is a scam. Government forced asymptomatic hospitalization, not medically necessary, and no way to insure for it. Yet we're forced to buy insurance.

Again, they need to disclose the CT (cycle threshold) of the rtPCR positive results or it can be assumed a false positive.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ding said:

THERE! Thank you. So, it is a scam. Government forced asymptomatic hospitalization, not medically necessary, and no way to insure for it. Yet we're forced to buy insurance.

Again, they need to disclose the CT (cycle threshold) of the rtPCR positive results or it can be assumed a false positive.

Ur rigth.My policy cover everything.Thats why hospitals keep norwegians in the hospitals for long time.Attached is my policy from norway.

1140672973_CertificateofInsurance-AnnualTravel(1) (2).pdf 1140672973_CertificateofInsurance-AnnualTravel(1) (2).pdf

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stigar said:

Im happy i was born in norway.Medical is free.Even need an air ambulance.Heartoperations free and more.My travel incurance cover me as soon i leave my house.Yes..i know we pay tax but thats why we are covered.I see on youtube americans live here are wery happy because of our system.And yesterday norway number 1 in democratic countries..thailand number 72.

its cheaper to just live in America, pay less tax and pay for health insurance

On 2/11/2022 at 2:46 PM, 4MyEgo said:

If your not sick and not receiving treatment, then why should they pay for your isolation ?

I am not protecting insurance companies, I am insured, but if infected and was at a hospital that picked it up, I would be putting my foot down to be isolating at home, rightfully so, if I am not being treated for a sickness if that makes sense.

Naturally if I am sick and being treated in the hospital, that is a different story, isn't it ?

Hotels are not hospitals.

Obviously they have no reason to believe you would isolate yourself at home, by your word, so it makes sense they want you to be quarantined where they can keep an eye on you. I don't think putting your foot down will achieve anything. How would you expect that to work?

On 2/12/2022 at 12:10 PM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Incase anyone wonders what AXA is saying

image.thumb.png.633b3a8a53278931765441cdf5c96baa.png

So AXA does not cover quarantine if only close contact. 

But this is now required by Thalandpass.

And AXA is sold on the Thailandpass website,  stating it fulfills Thailadpass requirements 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2022 at 1:54 PM, dj230 said:

Now re-reading it, it actually mentions quarantine due to positive covid test OR contact tracing, so I am guessing if you were in close contact with someone who tested and had to isolate, you'd be reimbursed as well.

Yes but is there a limit on that cover?  There is on mine and it equates to about 90,000 baht.  If I was allowed to isolate at a hotel, 90,000 would cover that but I very much doubt it would cover a 'hospitel'

5 hours ago, Lorry said:

So AXA does not cover quarantine if only close contact. 

But this is now required by Thalandpass.

And AXA is sold on the Thailandpass website,  stating it fulfills Thailadpass requirements 

Close contact coverage is not an actual requirement to enter Thailand.

So yes, AXA still fully fulfills the Thailand Pass requirements.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lorry said:

From the first page of tp.consular.go.th:

Screenshot_20220213-221054_Brave.jpg

???? No policy covers this anymore :

UNLESS it's NOT asymptomatic, or a doctor forces the isolation.

Also note that is not AXA, it is https://www.tqm.co.th/ attempting to resell the insurance.

It is possible they had this posted before the recent changes by the OIC.

On 2/12/2022 at 6:07 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What was the actual daily rate for that original 15 day booking? (even  though you didn't end up using all of the days...)

Difficult question to answer. At the time Agoda was set up so you could only book the required time to get the COE, it was quoted on a daily rate but I can't seem to find what that was. Agoda removed the booking from my account as soon as the dispute arose.

I booked and paid from the UK and what I do know is it came to £876.65, I think around 38,000 baht at the time.

All the correspondence with Agoda regarding the dispute was conducted in GBP, despite them trying to make it USD.

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2022 at 3:14 PM, dj230 said:

Get good travel insurance and you'll be covered, you get what you pay for with insurance. 

It states in the policy what is covered and what isn't. 

no insurance company pays to stay in a hospitel or hospital if you are not treated for anything.... NONE!! Good or Bad insurance.

2 hours ago, Trvlr55 said:

no insurance company pays to stay in a hospitel or hospital if you are not treated for anything.... NONE!! Good or Bad insurance.

My insurance did, thai immigration expects you to have covid-19 covered medical insurance and not just regular travel insurance. 

Edited by dj230
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

You cannot contain this virus, there are scores of asymptomatic people walking around out there, this is just a money exercising matter for those who can scam the system and get away with it.

You're preaching to the choir. You misinterpreted the context of my reply. It has nothing to do with what you or I, or the choir think. It's up to the government to decide on proceedure, and if they consider quarantine is necessary for people who are positive with no symptoms, there's no way they will be trusting people to self isolate at home... and the idea that an expat can "put his foot down" to demand home self isolation is absurd. We don't make the rules and we have no choice other than abiding by them.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

You're preaching to the choir. You misinterpreted the context of my reply. It has nothing to do with what you or I, or the choir think. It's up to the government to decide on proceedure, and if they consider quarantine is necessary for people who are positive with no symptoms, there's no way they will be trusting people to self isolate at home... and the idea that an expat can "put his foot down" to demand home self isolation is absurd. We don't make the rules and we have no choice other than abiding by them

Up to the government, yes, yes, of course, trust the governments, they are all there to protect their herds.

I suppose they should start doing what PM Trudeau in Canada has done and mandate vaccinations for everyone for this strain of Covid which is spreading quickly and providing herd immunity to a lot of people around the world, e.g. the pandemic is ending and now fast becoming an endemic, in other words, choices are taken away from people.

If you don't think it has nothing to do with me or you then you are simply not listening to the choir, your words. An example is, they allow us to drink and then drive, they trust us to be responsible not to over drink and kill people on the road, yes does happen, they trust us to be responsible to by arms and not use them for killing people, yes it does happen, taking away people's choices to self isolate is nothing more than control, that said, if they don't want people to spread this strain of Covid which is much much weaker than Delta, then they should keep their borders closed until they contain the outbreak, now you and I know they can't do that, so why force people into quarantine, it doesn't make sense, i.e. unless they want to pay for their costs, which of course they won't as they want their cake and to eat it too.

Have you forgotten where you are man, the LOS, and the last letter does not stand for smiles.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Up to the government, yes, yes, of course, trust the governments, they are all there to protect their herds.

I suppose they should start doing what PM Trudeau in Canada has done and mandate vaccinations for everyone for this strain of Covid which is spreading quickly and providing herd immunity to a lot of people around the world, e.g. the pandemic is ending and now fast becoming an endemic, in other words, choices are taken away from people.

If you don't think it has nothing to do with me or you then you are simply not listening to the choir, your words. An example is, they allow us to drink and then drive, they trust us to be responsible not to over drink and kill people on the road, yes does happen, they trust us to be responsible to by arms and not use them for killing people, yes it does happen, taking away people's choices to self isolate is nothing more than control, that said, if they don't want people to spread this strain of Covid which is much much weaker than Delta, then they should keep their borders closed until they contain the outbreak, now you and I know they can't do that, so why force people into quarantine, it doesn't make sense, i.e. unless they want to pay for their costs, which of course they won't.

Have you not forgotten where you are man, the LOS, the last letter does not stand for smiles.

They make the rules, not me. I made my point clear. Have YOU forgotten you're in Thailand and you have no choice but to jump if they say jump. LOS might be a lot more pleasant if you chilled out and went with the flow rather than complaining about everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JensenZ said:

They make the rules, not me. I made my point clear. Have YOU forgotten you're in Thailand and you have no choice but to jump if they say jump. LOS might be a lot more pleasant if you chilled out and went with the flow rather than complaining about everything.

You just keep following the rules then.