Thousands of expats & tourists in Thailand could head to Malaysia soon

racket

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's a dump.  Please go there and report back. Lol. Travelling by YouTube might be considered pathetic- do the real thing and express real opinions based on your experiences not recycle second hand opinions from You tube vlogs. Have you been to Thailand  yet?

I live in Thailand. One man's dump is another man's paradise. No stupid visa rules if you live in Sarawak. And the S-MM2H is good for the whole country. You know nothing. Please spread your lack of information on another forum.

4 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

I live in Thailand. One man's dump is another man's paradise. No stupid visa rules if you live in Sarawak. And the S-MM2H is good for the whole country. You know nothing. Please spread your lack of information on another forum.

Unless it has the same standard of living at the same cost and ( mandatory ) has an equivalent vibrant farang bar scene, IMO it wouldn't be worth my time.

I didn't love Thailand for the temples and the food.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unless it has the same standard of living at the same cost and ( mandatory ) has an equivalent vibrant farang bar scene, IMO it wouldn't be worth my time.

I didn't love Thailand for the temples and the food.

Bar scene is irrelevant when you are 71 years old. I want a stable situation from Immigration, not a hot line to hookers. Thailand will never change. They want millionaires not ordinary retired citizens.

Just now, Nickelbeer said:

Bar scene is irrelevant when you are 71 years old. I want a stable situation from Immigration, not a hot line to hookers. Thailand will never change. They want millionaires not ordinary retired citizens.

I had/ have zero interest in what "they" want.

I'm sorry to hear that you think sex drive is lost after 70 years old. I still have the urge if not the opportunity.

An agent makes immigration messing about meaningless, and hot hookers are worth it.

I certainly hope that Thailand will never change, if it means that at least one place in the world hasn't gone woke.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I had/ have zero interest in what "they" want.

I'm sorry to hear that you think sex drive is lost after 70 years old. I still have the urge if not the opportunity.

An agent makes immigration messing about meaningless, and hot hookers are worth it.

I certainly hope that Thailand will never change, if it means that at least one place in the world hasn't gone woke.

I use an agent with very good results, since she is also my landlady. I don't like the yearly 14 thousand baht pricetag, but I will not tie up my money in a shoddy Thai bank, so there is no alternative. No one has gone "woke", I just want to be left the hell alone once I shell out my money.

Just now, Nickelbeer said:

I use an agent with very good results, since she is also my landlady. I don't like the yearly 14 thousand baht pricetag, but I will not tie up my money in a shoddy Thai bank, so there is no alternative. No one has gone "woke", I just want to be left the hell alone once I shell out my money.

I never had a problem with a Thai bank, and I was pretty much left alone as long as I wasn't married.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I never had a problem with a Thai bank, and I was pretty much left alone as long as I wasn't married.

Glad to hear it. I don't like Immigration hassles, which is why I am looking toward the Philippines or possibly Malaysia or Indonesia.

3 hours ago, Saanim said:

And at the end of the day, you do live in Thailand? 

At the end of the day and at the beginning of the day. I have been retired here since 2015. Chomping at the bit to LEAVE. Not possible with current restrictions in the countries I am considering.

11 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

At the end of the day and at the beginning of the day. I have been retired here since 2015. Chomping at the bit to LEAVE. Not possible with current restrictions in the countries I am considering.

The ultimate irony would be to arrive in the promised land, only to find it no better than the one left behind.

Anywhere can be great till one actually lives there. Even Thailand was better for me when I was visiting, than when I moved there to live.