Retirement Visa Thailand ?

8 minutes ago, TT1951 said:

Do I need a return ticket to somewhere to enter Thailand or can I come on a (One Way Ticket)

I am wanting to apply for a retirement Visa once there.

If you enter visa exempt the airline can ask to see a onward ticket within 30 days of arrival. It can be a one way ticket to anywhere or a temporary onward ticket that can be found online.

If entering with a valid visa a ticket out of the country is not required.

On 2/13/2022 at 9:05 AM, ubonjoe said:

What is the problem with printing the credit advice.

They should waive the proof it came from abroad since it has been in the bank since October.

The bank letter is a standard letter done by the bank. 

Edit: Example of one done by Bangkok Bank. bank letter.pdf

Went again today, with two bank books - a deposit where the money had been over three months and a savings where teh money was recent but also with a letter from the bank saying it was for long term stay in Thailand.  Same IO but more relaxed today.  She accepted all the documents and I am scheduled to return on 1st March.  What is the likelihood of being refused at this stage? 

On 2/12/2022 at 11:41 AM, DrJack54 said:

You would need to deal with agent asap to obtain the non O.

Just a suggestion....in your situation I would go to immigration and outline your plan to obtain non O retirement.

On 2/12/2022 at 11:41 AM, DrJack54 said:

Explain that you require bit more time to obtain the 800k and could they provide one more covid extension.

Thanks again for your helpful advice,  DrJack54. I will be going in, day after tomorrow, to do just that.

Also, in reading a few recent posts elsewhere on here since my comments in this thread, it appears they will be allowing the extensions until at least late March. So hopefully it will all work out this week at immigration with one more extension, to provide me the time needed to get the desired non 0.

And even though it appears that these extensions could even be extended until late May, as I mentioned before, I cannot take any more of the worries about not knowing what is going to happen next with these temporary extension thingys! ????

• Like 1