Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR) - Symptom Relief

tomster

Just dealing with the onset of LPR - it started in earnest on Tuesday and it has been a very uncomfortable few days, to put it mildly.

Worst symptom though is the sore throat, followed by the water brash.

I've read gargling with salt water help the throat but for me it makes it worse which seems to make sense as the back of my throat has bile acid hitting it - it is red raw and salt just irritates it further.

I need to loose about 25kg and I'm on with that, hopefully that will get rid of most of the symptoms

In the meantime, if anybody has any ideas on how to calm the sore throat down (or help with any of the other symptoms without taking pharma drugs) I would love to hear from you!

Thanks in advance. ????

to add: cepacol "original" for some 26b has antibacterial and antiviral properties (cetylpiridinium chloride works on covid-19).

There are many other cepacol's with different vitamins, they are more expensive than original and don't contain cetylpiridinium. So probably not worth. But might talk to a competent pharmacist.

On 2/14/2022 at 1:54 AM, tomster said:

Thanks Sean.

Are you gargling with the tea or just sipping it down still hot?

Sorry for the delay, the honey and hot water I just sip and it soothes my throat no end. Because there's no medicine in it you can drink as much as you like.

On 2/13/2022 at 6:13 PM, Oztruckie said:

Try mixing half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water,down the hatch.

Another good remedy, desert spoon of vinegar with the mothers in a glass of water every morning,just sip this one slowly,both great remedies for the digestive tract.

I'll second the apple cider vinegar with "the mother" (acv particles floating around). Two tablespoons in big glass of water every morning. That'll knock it out for sure.