Will Songkran be cancelled again?

Gjk7777

10 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

Please could you send the link to this official position please..

Gladly. But not a link, I googled Songkran 2022, a few headings Songkran 2022 Cancelled came up, the narrative following added should cases reach 30,000 per day and quoted the official source. One was the Thaiger another was YouTube. 

19 minutes ago, Puccini said:

I don't think Songkran will be cancelled again. Deaths from Covid-19 are decreasing and the crematoriums should be able to manage the surge in traffic deaths due to Songkran without a problem.

Songkran in my village (Issan) has seen a increase in Police presence over the years during the Songkran 3 days. My next door neighbour got caught drink driving 8000 baht fine and off the road for 1 year, I saw him driving around the day after the ban. I enjoy the Songkran festival, but I know many don't, and of course many die. Thailand has one of the worst road death statistics in the world. The driving test is a joke for starters, and many don't even have a licence, not that having a licence makes you a better driver. A lot needs to be done to stop needless deaths.

13 hours ago, rott said:

Gladly. But not a link, I googled Songkran 2022, a few headings Songkran 2022 Cancelled came up, the narrative following added should cases reach 30,000 per day and quoted the official source. One was the Thaiger another was YouTube. 

Found it...    https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/songkran/songkran-to-be-cancelled-if-daily-covid-numbers-hit-30000-ddc