Foreigner Driving Work Vehicle Aggressively

Mr Meeseeks

5 hours ago, Hayduke said:

In situations like this I ask myself…..”Do I want to have a relationship with this person?” As the answer is invariably ‘no’…...I forget about it.

I often think "That jerk may have a gun so is confronting him worth the risk?"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heng said:

Sometimes it's their only outlet to vent, for both locals and foreigners.    I just let these folks go, natural selection will get them sooner than later.   

No.  They will kill or maim someone  first before learning their lesson.  Hope it's not you.

18 minutes ago, robblok said:

If you say so, I dont really care what you think drinking and driving is a crime that endangers others. If i had a neighbor who did that id grass. Simple as that. Sure it could happen that he did not kill anyone but on the other hand it could happen. I would also grass if my neighbor was robbing people. Simple as that.

I guess you think its ok to drink and drive like a lot of people on this forum, i lost a friend to a drunk driver. So i have other views, selfish people all of them. 

I would not grass on people defrauding the government or stuff like that but things that hurt others endanger others sure. Has nothing to do with moral high ground or wanting to see people punished. Drinking and driving should just stop it kills too many people.  I would also report people running red lights, also something I hate. Almost got killed by a red light runner myself on my bike. 

But havent reported anyone as its too much of a hassle and thankfully don't have irresponsible neighbors. 

I don't really care what tough street guys like you and others think of this nothing wrong with helping the police. I bet you would not even testify if you see and old guy get beat up and robbed. I mean you would be a police informer then.

This issue is not your story but the morality of being a tout, grass  rat or informer. Do you really think you are the only person in the world to experience tragedy? We all have but we don't use it as an excuse to spy on neighbours and secretly inform on them to the Thai police...If you feel so strongly about your neighbor then go and talk with them

• Sad 1

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

This issue is not your story but the morality of being a tout, grass  rat or informer. Do you really think you are the only person in the world to experience tragedy? We all have but we don't use it as an excuse to spy on neighbours and secretly inform on them to the Thai police...If you feel so strongly about your neighbor then go and talk with them

I dont think its morally wrong I actually think its morrally wrong not to do something. I guess you think its ok to let someone get in a car and kill someone. As long as your not a grass who cares who they kill driving around drunk. At least you can thump your chest saying im a tough lad not a grass. 

I am not spying on my neighbors, why would I I got better things to do. If id see a neighbor getting in a car drunk id say something about it and ultimately inform the cops. I would not go out of my way to snoop on neighbors. I guess you got a wrong idea about grassing or whatever you call it. Im no police agent or vigilante but if i encounter it that is a different story. Not the type that would be spying on people with the intent to get them in trouble. Just someone who would act if i see my neighbor get drunk in a car and wanting to drive. 

Tough guys like you are the reason why so many criminals get away with so much because they are so scared to say anything and think its cool not to act when someone is endangering others. I guess its the alcohol culture talking.  

• Like 2

It was foreigner, not foreigners.

Do the same as you would do if it was a Thai.

Thought so.

Next

Ps Don't go stoking the fires of xenophobia in Thailand.

they have plenty of locally generated fuel already. let it go.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

I dont think its morally wrong I actually think its morrally wrong not to do something. I guess you think its ok to let someone get in a car and kill someone. As long as your not a grass who cares who they kill driving around drunk. At least you can thump your chest saying im a tough lad not a grass. 

I am not spying on my neighbors, why would I I got better things to do. If id see a neighbor getting in a car drunk id say something about it and ultimately inform the cops. I would not go out of my way to snoop on neighbors. I guess you got a wrong idea about grassing or whatever you call it. Im no police agent or vigilante but if i encounter it that is a different story. Not the type that would be spying on people with the intent to get them in trouble. Just someone who would act if i see my neighbor get drunk in a car and wanting to drive. 

Tough guys like you are the reason why so many criminals get away with so much because they are so scared to say anything and think its cool not to act when someone is endangering others. I guess its the alcohol culture talking.  

"I guess you think its ok to let someone get in a car and kill someone."

This is a silly statement on many levels.

Neither you or I know what's going to happen in the future when someone gets in a car. You don't know anything at all  but you use this silly idea that the driver will kill someone to justify your pretend moral superiority to give you the chance to feel significant.

Do you think your neighbours are spying on you? Waiting for a chance to look for some imperfections in your behaviour and CALL THE POLICE ABOUT YOU?

You might kid yourself that you are ratting on people for the good of the community but I doubt it. Anyway- up to you  AS LONG AS YOU ARE HONEST and tell all your friends you will inform on them then they can decide if they want a rat or snitch in their company..lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

"I guess you think its ok to let someone get in a car and kill someone."

This is a silly statement on many levels.

Neither you or I know what's going to happen in the future when someone gets in a car. You don't know anything at all  but you use this silly idea that the driver will kill someone to justify your pretend moral superiority to give you the chance to feel significant.

Do you think your neighbours are spying on you? Waiting for a chance to look for some imperfections in your behaviour and CALL THE POLICE ABOUT YOU?

You might kid yourself that you are ratting on people for the good of the community but I doubt it. Anyway- up to you  AS LONG AS YOU ARE HONEST and tell all your friends you will inform on them then they can decide if they want a rat or snitch in their company..lol

Yes mate, so you think its acceptable to drink and drive because that is what your saying. Says it all about your morals. I don't want to have friends that drink and drive or do drugs and drive. Those kind of people are just trash. Anyone who thinks its ok to drink and drive and endanger others because they don't want to pay for a taxi are just selfish b.sta..rds 

I guess people like you are the type that don't mind that kind of behavior. I don't feel superior I am superior to people who drink and drive. Hell if i do something like drinking and driving or drugs and driving please inform on me because i would be a total idiot to do so.

I bet you think its ok for your friends to beat up their GF's and not do anything about it. Seems to be in the same category. 

I am all for drugs drinking partying whatever as long as you don't operate a vehicle in that state. I guess tough guys like you still think its socially acceptable. 

But before i would report a friend or neighbor id try to persuade them not to drink and drive first. Thankfully most normal people just don't do stupid selfish things like that.

I think your making a lot of noise because you think its ok to do so and are worried you get caught at some point.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Why?

How else would you drive on a three lane road? Shoulder is for mopeds and ghost riders. Left lane for buffaloes, middle lane for normal traffic, and right lane for fast cars and overtaking. I would also drive in the middle lane on a three lane road.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Once you report it the police can sort it out based on what they see. Then its no longer subjective. If you video a drunk neighbor getting in their car or a car running a red light. Then the police sort it out.

What is the big problem against helping the police seems some guys rather see criminal behavior go on then helping the police. 

Victimless crimes that is an other thing.

There was no victim in the situation the OP described!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I don't drink and drive nor do I inform on people who do. If they were my friends I would try to stop them. But please don't pretend that being a tout  especially here in Thailand makes you morally superior. That is self delusion. But please let all your friends and family know that you are a proud snitch, ready to judge people and inform on them to make you feel better about yourself.  Then your friends will have a chance to understand your high moral standards and see if they want to live up to them..or not.

I blocked him months back, Asean now, is much better to read now.

some people just have to wee on every thread, and his one of them.

"in an attempt to force me to yield to him, but when I didn't yield and held my line,"

LOL I just see a fragile male ego perceiving a threat to his masculinity..and instead of driving sensibly he drives equally dangerously leading to the following situation:

"he became increasingly aggressive and erratic, driving in an ever threatening manner. "

The OP had a chance to enhance road safety and yield but he chose not to AND MADE THE SITUATION WORSE and made the driving conditions worse for everyone on the road near them at the time.

The OP made a bad situation worse.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I don't drink and drive nor do I inform on people who do. If they were my friends I would try to stop them. But please don't pretend that being a tout  especially here in Thailand makes you morally superior. That is self delusion. But please let all your friends and family know that you are a proud snitch, ready to judge people and inform on them to make you feel better about yourself.  Then your friends will have a chance to understand your high moral standards and see if they want to live up to them..or not.

Your a funny tough guy. 

You seem to miss the point about informing , then again people like you usually lack gray matter. This is not about feeling good. If you think its fun to inform on people your wrong. But if someone wants to get in a car drunk and wont listen to reason then there are few options left. 

I guess you then think its ok for them to drive and possibly kill someone, I don't think it is has nothing to do about feeling better. I can only imagine what a hassle it is. Plus blowback and all that but it beats the alternative of him / her killing someone or themself. 

My friends know how i feel about this, I don't mind them being blind drunk high or whatever. Their choice but they are not stupid enough to get into a car while drunk or high. I choose the people i hang around with. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bbko said:

how do we know the OP wasn't doing a bit of road rage himself? I'm not saying he was but without seeing the vid this whole story is one sided. Or it could be the OP is thin skinned, a simple bad driver and he wants to report it to the police? 555.

"in an attempt to force me to yield to him, but when I didn't yield and held my line,"

I would regard this as road rage - immature and dangerous  behaviour

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am sure some irked Thai drivers have already posted videos of me barging my way around their mindless, slow-poke, lane-hogging indifference to other road users with my air horns blaring, my headlights flashing and shouting expletives through my tinted windows.

The last driver I didn't yield to when he attempted to cut in from a right-hand only turn lane into my straight ahead lane when the lights turned green and we crumpled fenders was a large farang. As we waited for our insurance agents, he chastised me for NOT allowing him to drive like a local. Ever since then, I've been a card carrying member of the 'me first' club.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

How do you know when someone is drunk? If you saw someone walking up to their car to drive how would you gauge their drunkenness? If you're in a restaurant and you see a couple share a bottle of wine for dinner and you see him climb behind the wheel in a car, Is he drunk? 

You see in your world there is only those who don't drink and those who get drunk? No middle ground right? That's not how the real world works. I went to a little bar today for a few (3) small beers. This is in a little small fishing village. Guys pop in for a few, talk a bit and go home. All day, everyday. That's the reality of things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

How do you know when someone is drunk? If you saw someone walking up to their car to drive how would you gauge their drunkenness? If you're in a restaurant and you see a couple share a bottle of wine for dinner and you see him climb behind the wheel in a car, Is he drunk? 

You see in your world there is only those who don't drink and those who get drunk? No middle ground right? That's not how the real world works. I went to a little bar today for a few (3) small beers. This is in a little small fishing village. Guys pop in for a few, talk a bit and go home. All day, everyday. That's the reality of things.

Yes and that is where i would not even respond. How can i know your drunk or impaired. I cannot im talking about people who are really drunk. Im pretty sure you can recognize those too. I have only had to stop a guy like that once. He was a friend drinking a lot and could hardly walk and still wanted to drive. I convinced him not to drive and thankfully he agreed. 

There is not just drunk and sober, but there are obvious drunks that is a totally different category and these guys are for sure a danger. Guys like you I have no clue nor would anyone else. That is a totally different story. 3 small beers over a period of time usually does not make somene impaired. But if your sitting with someone who starts slurring and has trouble walking will you let him get in his car or at least tell him to take a taxi ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Or when the self righteous sneak gets a knock on the door in the middle of the night and is confronted by a 6 foot Russian diver who was rushing to see his wife in hospital  last week and now wants a word with a creep who reporter him to the authorities..

Lucky as an ex-Para I ain't scared of Russian divers then.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Alcohol impairs one's abilities to do many things and one of them is operating a vehicle. This is an undeniable and non-debatable scientific fact. You do not have to be drunk to be a bit too slow on the brakes or a bit too fast on the turn and be part of something that irreversibly changes your or someone elses "real world". This notion of, "I know my limits" or, "I only ever have a few (3) small beers" is a dangerous self-deception especially as you get older and your reflexes and responses slow down naturally.

But TiT

Up to you.

• Like 1