Foreigner Driving Work Vehicle Aggressively

Mr Meeseeks

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I am sure some irked Thai drivers have already posted videos of me barging my way around their mindless, slow-poke, lane-hogging indifference to other road users with my air horns blaring, my headlights flashing and shouting expletives through my tinted windows.

The last driver I didn't yield to when he attempted to cut in from a right-hand only turn lane into my straight ahead lane when the lights turned green and we crumpled fenders was a large farang. As we waited for our insurance agents, he chastised me for NOT allowing him to drive like a local. Ever since then, I've been a card carrying member of the 'me first' club.

We always allow people to cut in. Not do so is immature and dangerous. It also indicates a fragile ego and insecure personality.  We drive effectively and safely whenever we can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

We always allow people to cut in. Not do so is immature and dangerous. It also indicates a fragile ego and insecure personality.  We drive effectively and safely whenever we can.

Who is "we"?

You've taken this thread rather personally, even to the degree of having me thinking you were the idiotic foreign driver in question, especially with your veiled threats and insults. 

Maybe you need some driving lessons or anger management?

On 2/15/2022 at 8:15 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Who is "we"?

You've taken this thread rather personally, even to the degree of having me thinking you were the idiotic foreign driver in question, especially with your veiled threats and insults. 

Maybe you need some driving lessons or anger management?

A mouse in his pocket?

On 2/14/2022 at 10:56 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

What would you do?

I would have 'yielded' to him, the safest thing to do rather than antagonize the situation just because you felt you were right to hold the line.

You sound just as bad as him to be honest.

• Like 2

Needless to say I have the video footage of the incident. What should I do next? Contact the owner of the vehicle to seek an apology? Report the incident to Police? Post the footage on social media? Do nothing?

Why not ask yourself if you have ever done anything in the years you have been driving that could have bothered another driver, I know I have.  Then get off your high horse and forget about the other driver that you deliberately refused to yield to, regardless of his driving, whose actions you felt you had the right to stop  (you're not there to police the roads). 

Would it have hurt you to be the better person and let the idiot in after which you both could have continued peacefully on your respective ways?

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 12:42 PM, VocalNeal said:

What should I do next?  Report the incident to Police?

I think the DDR has dissolved the STASI. Who encouraged people to report their fellows.

Did he break any laws?

"Did he break any laws?"

And does the OP think he has the authority to decide that and then to try to enforce the laws?!

On 2/14/2022 at 3:13 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Mind your own business- don't make trouble- You should have just yielded to him in the first place and then forgotten about it..

Exactly.   For all the OP knew, the other driver may have had a reason to be driving the way the OP didn't like.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 2/14/2022 at 3:15 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Self righteous nutters make perfect rats, touts, grasses and informers...

The OP can be self-righteous because, clearly, he has never, ever, not once done anything behind the wheel (nor will he ever do so in the future) that he could ever be admonished for!

On 2/14/2022 at 3:47 PM, robblok said:
On 2/14/2022 at 3:42 PM, VocalNeal said:

But that is subjective.

Once you report it the police can sort it out based on what they see.

The police can't do anything retrospectively based on hearsay, even that of a member of the most well-reputed, upstanding, faultless, personification of perfection  Thaivisa community!

On 2/14/2022 at 7:40 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:
On 2/14/2022 at 7:03 PM, EVENKEEL said:

How do you know when someone is drunk?

That's a good point, the guy could very well have been drunk; aggressive, vulgar and driving erratically. 

Or he could have had a genuine need to get where he was going as soon as possible, albeit erratically.  That you didn't approve of his driving is neither here nor there.

On 2/15/2022 at 4:59 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Cutting in is by definition dangerous as it implies you need to brake to let them in forcing everyone else to brake behind you which can (and often does) lead to accidents.

If you mean, you let people in when they try to change lanes safely, then I'd agree.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2022 at 7:20 AM, wprime said:

Cutting in is by definition dangerous as it implies you need to brake to let them in forcing everyone else to brake behind you which can (and often does) lead to accidents.

If you mean, you let people in when they try to change lanes safely, then I'd agree.

You are a hypocrite.