Absolutely everything will be Hers

THAIPHUKET

On 2/15/2022 at 3:15 PM, TigerandDog said:

From my experience with a farang acquaintance, that is not the case, unless the wife is also a farang. He was married to a Thai, did not have a Thai will, and he had also been advised that his wife would automatically inherit everything. Unfortunately, that is not what happened.

Did his wife go to the Family court and wait for probate ?

3 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Probate was done in his home country after it was ascertained there was no will for his estate, Thai or otherwise.

My Quote from my Thai Bank ''Go to Family Court" was about being in THAILAND so a THAI Family Court not one in home country. No wonder she had Problems.

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My Quote from my Thai Bank ''Go to Family Court" was about being in THAILAND so a THAI Family Court not one in home country. No wonder she had Problems.

If there had been a Thai will then she would go to the Family Court for Probate, but as there was NO will of any description that is not applicable. The process I described in my original post is the correct protocol if there is no Thai will

On 4/24/2022 at 7:04 PM, billd766 said:

Really? And what do you base this on?

For instance do you know anyone that this has actually happened to?

My wife knows how much money we have, how much we get every month, Everything is already in her name and if she wants to do away with me she is taking a long time about it. We have known each other since 1993 and this week we celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary.

It was a joke, however the world is a dark place, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens quite frequently, many stories/news reports of this sort of stuff happening. 

And yes I know people personally who have attempted to kill others over monetary gain, fortunately these people usually aren't that bright, so it was a failed attempt. 

Edited by dj230

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2022 at 6:22 PM, FritsSikkink said:

Better to take care that you have a good wife and she is taking care of when you die.

They are always good till they are not.

None of the people getting divorced got married with intention of getting divorced.

My ex wife was perfect till she wasn't.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They are always good till they are not.

None of the people getting divorced got married with intention of getting divorced.

My ex wife was perfect till she wasn't.

Some people marry a bar girl who is way younger than them after a couple of weeks while they can hardly communicate..