Absolutely everything will be Hers

THAIPHUKET

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Always emphasize you're worth more alive than dead...

Make sure they know they can't collect your Social security or pension after you're dead. ????

Then you will never die.........on paper, at least.

2 hours ago, PFMills said:

I’ve given it basically all to my wife.

I have one account that my pension comes into with enough money in it to make IMM happy. But my wife keeps that account Book.

But every morning she give me some pocket money. 

Life is so simple.  She is so wonderful and caring,  even lifts me on and then off afterwards.

Just know what you mean!

2 hours ago, PFMills said:

I’ve given it basically all to my wife.

I have one account that my pension comes into with enough money in it to make IMM happy. But my wife keeps that account Book.

But every morning she give me some pocket money. 

Life is so simple.  She is so wonderful and caring,  even lifts me on and then off afterwards.

Oh dear.

She gives you pocket money.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Get a Thai will ( in your native language & translated to Thai ). It's the ONLY way to guarantee that she gets everything. Thai wills also include a section for you to stipulate your funeral arrangements.

If you say so, but a legal wife can take your death cert, along to your local family court, who will then issue a letter, after probate maybe around 3 months which she can then take to the bank to withdraw funds, That is what my Thai bank told me, in an e-mail. also a will can be made at your local Amphur for a minimal fee. Next of Kin is your wife after all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, streetlite said:

I have funds, not much, in 4 Thai banks attached to ATM cards. Can she just withdraw after death?

she'd have to do it very quickly after your passing. It's surprising how quickly the banks find out about a farang death and freeze the account.

33 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

she'd have to do it very quickly after your passing. It's surprising how quickly the banks find out about a farang death and freeze the account.

That is not always the case.

When my English wife died, it took me about 10 days to empty her account using bank to bank transfers. There was a daily  limit back then and we had just sold a house.

I told the lawyer and asked if I could be in trouble.

He said no - everyone does that!

For the OP - please get a Thai will and exclude any and all living relatives that you have. The Thai inheritance rules are not straightforward.

I had to get letters from my wife's mother and siblings. Also show her father's death certificate.

We had written a Thai will but were waiting for the house sale to go through so no signed will.

Wifey died two weeks after the sale. She died a Thai millionaire ????

16 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

That is not always the case.

When my English wife died, it took me about 10 days to empty her account using bank to bank transfers. There was a daily  limit back then and we had just sold a house.

I told the lawyer and asked if I could be in trouble.

He said no - everyone does that!

For the OP - please get a Thai will and exclude any and all living relatives that you have. The Thai inheritance rules are not straightforward.

I had to get letters from my wife's mother and siblings. Also show her father's death certificate.

We had written a Thai will but were waiting for the house sale to go through so no signed will.

Wifey died two weeks after the sale. She died a Thai millionaire ????

I had a farang mate pass about 18 months ago. Within 1 hour of his passing his personal bank account had been frozen. The hospital notified every bank in our village. However his joint account remained unfrozen. Once his Thai wife had the death certificate she took that to the bank together with his will ( about 3 days after he passed ) and all his funds were transferred to the joint account which was then changed to just a personal account for his widow. So I guess it depends on where you live in Thailand, and how efficient the grapevine is.

I'm sure you've heard of the 3 major forms of communication ( a saying back home from the 60's ) -  telegraph, telegram and tell a woman.  The 3rd one is still very applicable to this day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 9:39 PM, dj230 said:

One thing comes to mind when this is done, it creates a motive for your death now.

Really? And what do you base this on?

For instance do you know anyone that this has actually happened to?

My wife knows how much money we have, how much we get every month, Everything is already in her name and if she wants to do away with me she is taking a long time about it. We have known each other since 1993 and this week we celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary.

Edited by billd766
Bad spelling
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 11:03 PM, overherebc said:

No,  legally she can't. If it's only in your name it can't be touched by anyone else.

How would they know? Who is going to lodge a complaint to start an investigation. I used to a give my ATM cards to 19-years old Poseidon models  to withdraw funds (and of course for them  to have a peek at balance in my banks). 

On 2/15/2022 at 12:24 PM, FritsSikkink said:

Need to put the account in 2 names for that.

No you can just make her a sign-ne, (her signature gets put into the book but not her name) most people I know have done this as I.O. want bank account to be in just the visa applicants name.  ATM card you can move the daily withdrawal amount up larger sum--100K or more  (I have mine at just 50K per day) allows her withdraw it down, until the Will (thats a must) kicks in for her.

• Like 1