Visa For English Man, Do I Have To Go Home For 90 Days?

please, im still not sure about this visa nightmare, can i stay for a long time here as im doing a deal on a bar at the moment and need to stay long time, i got a 2 entrie visa with the blue sticker, after i have used this then can i get more visas?? and stay, or after 1 more entrie do i have to leave for 90 days?? i well appreicate anyones help on this many thanks :o:D

The rule (As I understad it) that you are reffering to is the one that states you can only spend 90 days out of any given 6 month period in Thailand on a tourist visa. So if you came on a tourist visa then at 90 days you would need to go home (or elsewhere) for 90 days to be eligable to return to Thailand for another 90 day stretch.

Evidentally there are ways around this but I am just a newbie here and will leave the technical side of it to someone who knows what they are talking about.

please, im still not sure about this visa nightmare, can i stay for a long time here as im doing a deal on a bar at the moment and need to stay long time, i got a 2 entrie visa with the blue sticker, after i have used this then can i get more visas?? and stay, or after 1 more entrie do i have to leave for 90 days?? i well appreicate anyones help on this many thanks :o:D

Don't worry punkrocker...I think you're going to be just fine. The "leave for 90 days" thing you mention only applies if you entered LOS using the Tourist Visa Exemption program. In your case, as you didn't use said Tourist Visa Exemption to enter Thailand - the clock doesn't start ticking (for you at least) until such time as you do.

What that means to you then is once both entries have been exhausted and any associated extensions (if applicable) used, you may then take advantage of the Tourist Visa Exemption program and stay-up to a further 90-day period before being required to depart LOS for a 2, maybe 3-day sojourn to obtain another visa.

Hope this helps. :D

1. There is no requirement that anyone leave for 90 days.

2. If you have a visa your will most likely be allowed entry for the normal period allowed by that type of visa for your nationality.

3. There is a restriction for visa exempt entry of 90 day per six month period. You can still enter with a visa. But would not be allowed another visa exempt entry until the six months were over.

4. Entry without visa requires cash for living and onward ticket within the entry period allowed and these items are starting to be checked more often than previously.

1. There is no requirement that anyone leave for 90 days.

2. If you have a visa your will most likely be allowed entry for the normal period allowed by that type of visa for your nationality.

3. There is a restriction for visa exempt entry of 90 day per six month period. You can still enter with a visa. But would not be allowed another visa exempt entry until the six months were over.

4. Entry without visa requires cash for living and onward ticket within the entry period allowed and these items are starting to be checked more often than previously.

If your doing a deal on a bar why not just get legal now and request a "b" visa??