I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

ok I got it, "web3" is a marketing bullshít for "application using blockchain technology"

You're right but that being said, web3 is much more convenient to use than "application using blockchain technology" ????

https://hackernoon.com/web3-technologies-show-the-promise-of-achieving-the-original-vision-behind-the-world-wide-web

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dead Cat Bounce said:

what sort of mugs fall for these kind of snake-oil salesmen / film-flam artists <deleted>? ????

FTX’s list of investors spans powerful and well-known investment firms: NEA, IVP, Iconiq Capital, Third Point Ventures, Tiger Global, Altimeter Capital Management, Lux Capital, Mayfield, Insight Partners, Sequoia Capital, SoftBank, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Ribbit Capital, Temasek Holdings, BlackRock and Thoma Bravo.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/11/technology/ftx-investors-venture-capital.html

• Like 1

"hedge funds will be pumping this worthless crypto to the moon"

Billionaire hedge fund managers disagree; Ray Dalio, Jeremy Grantham, Warren Buffet, Charley Munger, etc.

Also, The irony of fiat currency critics recommending crypto is not lost on me.

I love blockchain and some of the potential independence it represents. But until I can safely buy milk at 7-11 with it... I can't take crypto seriously.

Edited by ding
  • Like 1

"I'm a total crypto sceptic. Check my past posts. But for the love of god there is a double digit inflation worldwide and I just can't in good faith watch my savings evaporate. "

Ouch, a 60%+ loss from when you bought BTC has gotta hurt more than watching your savings evaporate ???? Hopefully you're not still holding and had a stop loss in place to exit.

Edited by bbi1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

"I'm a total crypto sceptic. Check my past posts. But for the love of god there is a double digit inflation worldwide and I just can't in good faith watch my savings evaporate. "

Ouch, a 60%+ loss from when you bought BTC has gotta hurt more than watching your savings evaporate ???? Hopefully you're not still holding and had a stop loss in place to exit.

60% drop is normal in Crypto, selling would be a stupid thing to do. 

Edited by Neeranam

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I remember reading last year that by x-mass time (last year)

bitcoin would be 124 000 dollars.

I have absolutely no confidence in the so called professionals.

Yes it has been going up and down in price a lot over the years but i do

believe the circumstances now are much different from before.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jvs said:

I remember reading last year that by x-mass time (last year)

bitcoin would be 124 000 dollars.

I have absolutely no confidence in the so called professionals.

Yes it has been going up and down in price a lot over the years but i do

believe the circumstances now are much different from before.

Indeed, a lot of the so-called experts were wrong. 

The fundamentals are the same, just a lot of FUD, from people who don't understand crypto, shouting about how the last year it has dropped so much. This was totally expected and welcome. FTX hurt the space and the haters, who are hurting because their stock portfolios are down, are connecting FTX with BTC etc when traditional finance has had exactly the same things happen, Bernie Madoff, Enron etc. 

BTC is volatile and the haters were hating when it was $15. Every time there is a consolidation, they rush in calling investors idiots, as subconsciously they know they themselves are the fools for not buying BTC 2 years/7 years/10 years ago. BTC has outperformed everything over the last 10 years, and they are sore. However, they are very childish with their self-righteous indignation of those who have made a lot of money with BTC, but if it makes them feel superior, carry on. 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

The bear market ? Of course. 

Sorry ,i just don't get it.If you are in the know as you claim to be then why

not sell at the height  and buy back now?

Is that not what investing is all about,making money?

• Thumbs Up 1