I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I first heard about crypto when it was first developed, sometime around 2014.

it was first developed sometime around 2008, and in 2012(13? cant recall for sure) had its first huge spike. I've made my first $thousands from $dozens with crypto back then.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 1:43 PM, ozimoron said:

What disturbs me about crypto lately is that most charts are at historical lows (all time) and some, like EGLD look like they are the crypto equivalent of Custer's last stand.

Big news from China  -  Tencent partner EGLD. 

Tencent have a market cap of $460 Billion.

https://www.coindesk.com/web3/2023/02/16/tencent-teams-up-with-multiversx-to-expand-web3-strategy/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swerve said:

Bitcoin price is trending up again.  The market is getting ready for the newest fools to invest.  Like UFO believers, there will be a bunch convinced and interested.

It will probably get to 30-40 000 and then the mass sell off will begin and it will be back down to 15 soon

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, swerve said:

Bitcoin price is trending up again.  The market is getting ready for the newest fools to invest.  Like UFO believers, there will be a bunch convinced and interested.

?

So the ones that bought in 2020 at $5k were fools?

Or the ones that bought in 2016 at $500 were fools?

Or 20009 at $1 were fools?

What on earth are you on about?

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There have been three major price increases in the last year, all followed by a massive sharp decline and  its quite possible it is happening again 

image.jpeg.7782b2bddc9f3bee21af69e5237fb1a2.jpeg

That chart is not the past year. 

Do you know how the halvening affects the btc cycle? 

It has 4 year cycles. 

On 2/15/2022 at 4:15 PM, SunnyinBangrak said:

A very ballsy move, hope it pays off for you. As I did before I plan to make a large buy a few months before the halvening, so my next major buy will be Jan 2024.

I would start dollar cost averaging now.

I did this 4 years ago and when BTC goes to 100k +, you'll not care if you bought it at 24k or 16k.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 7:59 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

It will probably get to 30-40 000 and then the mass sell off will begin and it will be back down to 15 soon

If you had listened to me and bought 3 months ago, you'd nearly have doubled your money! 

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 4:07 PM, Pravda said:

I'm a total crypto sceptic. Check my past posts. But for the love of god there is a double digit inflation worldwide and I just can't in good faith watch my savings evaporate. 

The hedge funds will be pumping this worthless crypto to the moon. Let's see if I'm right or wrong.

Good luck to me.

How are you feeling now about your wise investment? 

Like I've always said, even if you buy btc high, just veait a couple or 3 years and you'll be in profit. 

• Like 1

Just saw that now traders have to pay tax on crypto profits, even if you hodl for over a year. I'm not familiar with the procedure, let's say your income was 200 k Baht in the tax year and your crypto profit was 100 k. Means your taxable income is 300K Baht?

On 2/15/2022 at 4:08 PM, Pravda said:

That's 200k Canadian and I'm up 553 bucks.

Congrats to the OP on the $200k purchase on 15th Feb 2022, you are now at breakeven after purchasing BTC at ~$44k per BTC on 15th Feb 2022. Planning to HODL or get out for breakeven?

Edited by bbi1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Congrats to the OP on the $200k purchase on 15th Feb 2022, you are now at breakeven after purchasing BTC at ~$44k per BTC on 15th Feb 2022. Planning to HODL or get out for breakeven?

I just noticed the OP's last post was on 29th March 2022. It's been a long time since they've posted on this forum.