If Covid extension is denied is the '7 days to leave country' stamp counting form the day of application or a day visa expires?

Will apply for the first time entering on TR visa and using up my regular extension so I guess I should get approved but want to be prepared for any scenario.

If it's counting from a day of application, then probably best to apply as late as possible?

57 minutes ago, krakuus said:

I guess I should get approved but want to be prepared for any scenario.

You will be given a covid extension.

Take affidavit along with you.

Tick second box.

If you have any issues and the immigration office is being silly then you can always go somewhere else.

When does current permit expire.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

Edited by DrJack54

Hi Ubonjoe I'm in the same position as Krakuus. I entered on a TR visa 60  plus 30 extension. About to apply for covid extension. What I'd like to know is, if I apply on the last day of extension (25th) will I be give 7 days to leave if for whatever reason they knock me back? 

10 minutes ago, BazzaJames said:

Hi Ubonjoe I'm in the same position as Krakuus. I entered on a TR visa 60  plus 30 extension. About to apply for covid extension. What I'd like to know is, if I apply on the last day of extension (25th) will I be give 7 days to leave if for whatever reason they knock me back? 

Why would you leave it until the last day? My extension of stay expires 14 March so I'll be applying for covid extension 2 weeks before

Anyone on visa exempt or tourist visa shouldn't really be worried about not getting a covid extension before 25 March should they?

13 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Why would you leave it until the last day? My extension of stay expires 14 March so I'll be applying for covid extension 2 weeks before

Anyone on visa exempt or tourist visa shouldn't really be worried about not getting a covid extension before 25 March should they?

I see some say dont worry..anyway its up to the immigration officer.Its not up to members here.

39 minutes ago, BazzaJames said:

What I'd like to know is, if I apply on the last day of extension (25th) will I be give 7 days to leave if for whatever reason they knock me back? 

Best not to leave it to the last day in case they want something you don't have.

The will not do the 7 days unless it is after you have already paid the 1900 baht fee.

59 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You will be given a covid extension.

Take affidavit along with you.

Tick second box.

If you have any issues and the immigration office is being silly then you can always go somewhere else.

When does current permit expire.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659 229.8 kB · 1064 downloads

Are there any  immigration offices that are known to be more covid extension friendly? 

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am am certain you will get the 60 day covid 19 extension.

The 7 days to leave the country is from the day you current permit to stay ends.

I thought somebody here said immigration have stopped issuing covid ext?

17 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Are there any  immigration offices that are known to be more covid extension friendly? 

Don't know about recent weeks, but from my numerous experiences, Koh Phangan was always spot on. Extensions granted no questions asked, no long queues, no 'under consideration' stamps. If I were to have difficulty elsewhere I would happily fly there and back just to do the extension.

Just now, HexTree said:

Don't know about recent weeks, but from my numerous experiences, Koh Phangan was always spot on. Extensions granted no questions asked, no long queues, no 'under consideration' stamps. If I were to have difficulty elsewhere I would happily fly there and back just to do the extension.

Thank you for the info. Might take a trip down there and try. 

Thanks for the reply UbonJ.  Trying to arrange an exit in a timely manner around booking Flights/PCR Tests/ Visas is proving to be rather challenging.

Will check with Ubon Rat' immigration tomorrow and let you know how it goes

As for applying for extension two weeks in advance, I would think that your 60 day covid extension will become 44 days? as per 30 day extension being from date of applying. 

Hardly surprising  that the word "Ambiguity" translates into Thai ความกำกวม

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BazzaJames said:

As for applying for extension two weeks in advance, I would think that your 60 day covid extension will become 44 days? as per 30 day extension being from date of applying. 

30 day extension is definitly from the date of permission to stay, not from date of applying. Same with covid extension I assume

15 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

30 day extension is definitly from the date of permission to stay, not from date of applying. Same with covid extension I assume

Some offices were giving the 60 day covid extension from day of application if it was the first covid extension.

Then subsequent covid extensions dated from end of current permit.

Also some were issuing extension with an under consideration period and some were not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HexTree said:

Bad advice !!!

KP does not have an airport so cannot fly there - Can fly to Samui & take the ferry - And if travelling via this route, why not just apply at Samui Immigration ??

Also - Had a report on here a few weeks ago of problems with KP Immigration issuing Covid Extensions.

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Bad advice !!!

KP does not have an airport so cannot fly there - Can fly to Samui & take the ferry - And if travelling via this route, why not just apply at Samui Immigration ??

Also - Had a report on here a few weeks ago of problems with KP Immigration issuing Covid Extensions.

Yes, I didn't say you have to fly directly to the island, you can just fly to Samui and take the boat from there, which is fast and straightforward.

As for why not Samui, because Samui is more busy usually, and the staff there are quite confrontational (the short haired lady who does the initial document check likes to argue a lot). I don't see much reason to pick Samui over Phangan personally. Don't see how any of that was bad advice, if you wanted the office that was just absolutely fastest to get to then clearly the answer is neither Samui nor Phangan, but your local office.

Do you have a link to the report of problems? The only problems I normally saw at Phangan were with people trying to apply too long before their expiration, or wanting the 60 days when they hadn't done the 30 day regular extension first.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They still do them but only but only if a person entered visa exempt or with a tourist visa.

Are you expecting extension to may 25? I just dont see how late march anything will be different. The government seems to want this to continue while immigration comes up with every excuse not to.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They still do them but only but only if a person entered visa exempt or with a tourist visa.

I entered Thailand on a visa exempt but caved under the pressure and got a 90 day extension using an agency, they now told me I can not get another covid extension. 

I am heading from CM to Koh Lanta at the weekend so will be applying for my covid ext in Krabi. I entered on a STV so reckon I should be ok. I have read the report about the 1k 'express fee' to get 60 days straight away but need to get clear the under consideration stamp. Is it return on that specific date or can it be done a couple of days before. No issues with any of this just need to plan my visits around the number of days down there. Cheers.

30 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

I entered Thailand on a visa exempt but caved under the pressure and got a 90 day extension using an agency, they now told me I can not get another covid extension. 

I assume that was a 90 day extension of stay for medical treatment.

You can still apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension since that extension did not change your visa exempt entry.;

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume that was a 90 day extension of stay for medical treatment.

You can still apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension since that extension did not change your visa exempt entry.;

To be honest I'm not sure what it was, it's just a 90 day extension stamp .it doesn't say what to type it is. 

19 hours ago, HexTree said:

Yes, I didn't say you have to fly directly to the island, you can just fly to Samui and take the boat from there, which is fast and straightforward.

As for why not Samui, because Samui is more busy usually, and the staff there are quite confrontational (the short haired lady who does the initial document check likes to argue a lot). I don't see much reason to pick Samui over Phangan personally. Don't see how any of that was bad advice, if you wanted the office that was just absolutely fastest to get to then clearly the answer is neither Samui nor Phangan, but your local office.

Do you have a link to the report of problems? The only problems I normally saw at Phangan were with people trying to apply too long before their expiration, or wanting the 60 days when they hadn't done the 30 day regular extension first.

Thanks again for the info, how many weeks before your visa expires can u apply in koh phangan? 

6 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

how many weeks before your visa expires can u apply in koh phangan?

I think around 1-2 weeks? I saw people who were coming longer in advance getting turned away, but I don't know where the cut-off is.

Should note also that in KP you must have the TM30 receipt of notification with you; either the paper receipt or a screenshot of the online TM30 entry given by your landlord.

Edited by HexTree
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 1:39 PM, ubonjoe said:

Best not to leave it to the last day in case they want something you don't have.

The will not do the 7 days unless it is after you have already paid the 1900 baht fee.

So if you apply for the 60 day's and for whatever reason denied, will they ask you if you want the 7 days or just stamp it anyway? 

19 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

So if you apply for the 60 day's and for whatever reason denied, will they ask you if you want the 7 days or just stamp it anyway? 

That would ask you and then you would have to pay the 1900 baht fee for it unless you had already paid for the denied extension.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That would ask you and then you would have to pay the 1900 baht fee for it unless you had already paid for the denied extension.

Which to me is a good reason to go at least a week in advance of expiry. Unless you absolutely need the extra 7 days I would rather not have a "7 days to leave Thailand" stamp in my passport (I know it's not an issue, but I'm sure my many pages of clean entry and exits is why I never have any hassle at check-in or immigration)