Thai visa extensions

I arrived in Thailand with a tourist visa for 60 days on 1/Dec/2021, I was giving a 60 days Covid extension to stay on deadline date 25/Jan/2022 up to end of March , I would like to stay a further 30 days until end of April, will I be able to get the extra 30 days extension ????

You better go a week early to that station.  The last two times I went, took four times and five times before that to get an extension., apply oneday crowds to big comeback on another day; lucky if they gave me a number so I wouldn't  have to stay in line, then on the day I paid(my second  trip one extension) I get the under consideration comeback certain day, Then I report back 30days later, they take passport again, give a number and say comeback  tomorrow,  then I received my extension,  comeback  in 30 days, if you want to try again.  Its set up so they see you every 30days.  I been doing this for two years.  If you go on a Monday or Friday, or a day after a holiday, or a day after they shut down for a number of days because  someone  had covid in their office, and yes, that has happened, then you better get there an hour before they open as that will be the coolest part of the day to stand in that long unorganized  line.  You can get there in the cool of the morning and wait an hour or you can try to arrive when they open and then you'll be standing in the hot morning sun.  Be prepared  that if you dont get in the door before 11:30 they close for lunch.  They don't stagger their team so that they could keep working through  lunch, they just shut down.  Now the last time I was there they did give out numbers, and after about an hour they posted that if you had a certain number in your hand to comeback  after lunch.  If that happens  then you will be in the hot sun.  It took me about a total of all hours standing in line and reporting back 10 hours to get the extension.   It is different every time but it still is at least 8 hours.  Now if you want to pay an agent you can do this, as it only saves one about 1000 thb to do it themselves.   But if the agents start to realise how difficult it is for an individual  and their service  is the key, then they might get greedy and raise the price.  I did see a lot of motorcycle taxis coming and going with envelopes  and stacks of passports So, agents do have an advantage. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You will be required to obtain standard 30 day extension prior to covid extension.

It's not an option. 

Normally, yeah.  But it seems the OP already got a 60 day Covid based extension....

9 hours ago, ray richards said:

I arrived in Thailand with a tourist visa for 60 days on 1/Dec/2021, I was giving a 60 days Covid extension to stay on deadline date 25/Jan/2022 up to end of March

Perhaps the IO missed doing the normal 30 day extension first?  Or maybe some IO's are skipping the 30 and just going with the 60?

Never much rhyme or reason it seems.

8 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

You better go a week early to that station.  The last two times I went, took four times and five times before that to get an extension., apply oneday crowds to big comeback on another day; lucky if they gave me a number so I wouldn't  have to stay in line, then on the day I paid(my second  trip one extension) I get the under consideration comeback certain day, Then I report back 30days later, they take passport again, give a number and say comeback  tomorrow,  then I received my extension,  comeback  in 30 days, if you want to try again.  Its set up so they see you every 30days.  I been doing this for two years.  If you go on a Monday or Friday, or a day after a holiday, or a day after they shut down for a number of days because  someone  had covid in their office, and yes, that has happened, then you better get there an hour before they open as that will be the coolest part of the day to stand in that long unorganized  line.  You can get there in the cool of the morning and wait an hour or you can try to arrive when they open and then you'll be standing in the hot morning sun.  Be prepared  that if you dont get in the door before 11:30 they close for lunch.  They don't stagger their team so that they could keep working through  lunch, they just shut down.  Now the last time I was there they did give out numbers, and after about an hour they posted that if you had a certain number in your hand to comeback  after lunch.  If that happens  then you will be in the hot sun.  It took me about a total of all hours standing in line and reporting back 10 hours to get the extension.   It is different every time but it still is at least 8 hours.  Now if you want to pay an agent you can do this, as it only saves one about 1000 thb to do it themselves.   But if the agents start to realise how difficult it is for an individual  and their service  is the key, then they might get greedy and raise the price.  I did see a lot of motorcycle taxis coming and going with envelopes  and stacks of passports So, agents do have an advantage. 

Good report,everything u said was spot on. After 2 days of standing in the queue I had enough and got an agent. My biggest mistake was  not using the agent from the start. If you use an agent you can apply 30 days before your current extension expires so that leaves  you 3 months without having to go to immigration again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ray richards said:

I did ask if a 60 day extension was possible & I was told to come before 25th January which was deadline date for 60 days Covid extension, so immigration stamped me the 60 days but I don't know if I can have an extra 30 days?? I am buying a Condo & need extra days.

If you apply before March 25th you can get another 60 day covid 19 extension as well.