Pattaya Test & Go and TM30 ?? Advice please

Kabuta

Hi Everyone

Im travelling from UK to Pattaya under the Test & Go next month and I'm staying with my girlfriend in her condo after the Day 1 & after the Day 5 T&Gs so 2 days in a hotel and the rest in her rented condo for 4 weeks the total trip. I've trawled thru the forum and have found info that I have to report to Jomtien Immigration with a TM30 if I was staying in a condo (rented or owned) but not sure if this applies as I'm doing the test & go ?

Also seen that this can be done electronically now but ye to find a site that can accomodate this 

Any thoughts/advice please is welcomed

FYI-First time staying in her condo as we've always done hotels and I've never stayed longer than 2 weeks so this TM30 is all new to me

If you are entering visa exempt for 30 days and have no intention of applying for the 30 day extension then no need to do the TM30

Basically TM30 is only required if visiting immigration for something and allows them to fine you 1600 baht for not completing within 72 hours. If you come and go without needing immigration, Thailand doesn't care

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

If you are entering visa exempt for 30 days and have no intention of applying for the 30 day extension then no need to do the TM30

Basically TM30 is only required if visiting immigration for something and allows them to fine you 1600 baht for not completing within 72 hours. If you come and go without needing immigration, Thailand doesn't care

If I understand correctly, every hotel or property owner must submit a TM30 for a foreigner staying in the property, even for one night.  In the OP's case, his girlfriend is required to submit one. 

What actually happens is a different thing, especially as the Thailand Revenue Department may have access to these records.

• Like 1

Thankyou all for your replies, most welcome. 

I had a thought since I posted this yesterday, let me know what you think

I'm arriving from uk on the test & go and staying less than 30days, so if i put my girlfriends condo address on the 30day visa exempt form (TM6 i think it is) that I get on the plane and hand to immigration at BKK, then I arrive at my hotel for Day 1 Test & Go and again on Day 5 and they will notify immigration anyway..so would i be covered always that way ?

The only authority in Thailand who are interested in the TM30 are Immigration when dealing with Extensions of Stay... 

IF you are only staying 4 weeks...  theres no need whatsoever to submit a TM30... Immigration at the airport are not even remotely interested.

For you (op) staying 4 week - there is no need to submit a TM30.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kabuta said:

Thankyou all for your replies, most welcome. 

I had a thought since I posted this yesterday, let me know what you think

I'm arriving from uk on the test & go and staying less than 30days, so if i put my girlfriends condo address on the 30day visa exempt form (TM6 i think it is) that I get on the plane and hand to immigration at BKK, then I arrive at my hotel for Day 1 Test & Go and again on Day 5 and they will notify immigration anyway..so would i be covered always that way ?

Put the hotel address down, and keep your girlfriend and her condo out of it. 

Should some unforeseen issue arrive, like injury / illness / covid clousure, you front immigration for an extension and pay the fine.  

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The only authority in Thailand who are interested in the TM30 are Immigration when dealing with Extensions of Stay... 

IF you are only staying 4 weeks...  theres no need whatsoever to submit a TM30... Immigration at the airport are not even remotely interested.

For you (op) staying 4 week - there is no need to submit a TM30.

Thanks Richard

It is probably the best to go to immigration office to do the TM30 in the first 3 days after arrival if there is any chance that you plan to extend your visa.

The condo owner can register online to do TM30 online.

Be aware that the web page to do TM30 may not working properly. I was told in January by immigration officers that the web page does not work since many months, even so it is online and you will not see a proper error message when using it. They actually found it funny that I tried to use the page and they still can charge me the 1600THB fine. I in turn did not find this very funny.

There is an APP which you may be able to install - or not - and it may work - or not. You can find more information in this forum.

The risk to pay the fine is practically limited to the case where you need to extend the visa, BUT you better keep in mind that YOU are held for breaking the law not doing the TM30 even so the law clearly states that this is the condo owners obligation.