How to get yellow vaccination book in CM?

Barley

Hello, 

I tried to get a yellow vaccination book to use internationally through the Mor Prom app. 

I wanted to pick it up in Chiang Mai. 

There were only two locations allowed to be chosen in the app - both in Bangkok. 

What can I do to get the yellow book? I am leaving soon. 

There are cases reported in this forum that the yellow book is not used at all. Using your vaccination certificate should be enough.

There was a thread on this a few months back if you still insist on getting one.

16 minutes ago, EricTh said:

There are cases reported in this forum that the yellow book is not used at all. Using your vaccination certificate should be enough.

There was a thread on this a few months back if you still insist on getting one.

Agreed....  We went back to the UK in Nov. 

There was lots of talk (on Thai media and forums) about the yellow book. My wife got one. It was never used. 

The Thai Vaccine certificate was sufficient for both travelling to the UK and returning (with Thailand Pass). 

Additionally, when registered with Mor Promp there is an International Certificate option (which they e-mail to you) - the Yellow Vaccine booklet is pretty much moot.. It also doesnt have a QR code.

You can get the yellow booklet at the Health department office on Suthep Road. Takes about a week and you have to provide them with your certificates.

The yellow vaccine booklet has been an internationally recognized proof of vaccination for many many years and is good to have.

Just a few days ago the Philippines refused entrance to some people because they didn't have the yellow booklet.

• Like 1

Best option is have your vax records on your phone via Mor Phrom - should have QR code for the vax…

back up plan is take a photo of your 2 dose form and a photo of your booster - all should show a QR code…in case you lose the physical copy…

don’t believe the PH story as the yellow book shows no QR code so it renders it useless….

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 5:33 PM, Wandr said:

You can get the yellow booklet at the Health department office on Suthep Road. Takes about a week and you have to provide them with your certificates.

The yellow vaccine booklet has been an internationally recognized proof of vaccination for many many years and is good to have.

Just a few days ago the Philippines refused entrance to some people because they didn't have the yellow booklet.

Their vaccine certification was rejected ???  

Theres more to that story than just the yellow vaccine booklet. 

The yellow booklet was conventionally used to prove Yellow Fever vaccination (when traveling to some African nations). 

It won’t hurt to get one, but it’s ultimately useless, has no QR code. 
An international vaccine cert (i.e. in English language) is the document which is necessary. 

Wife got a yellow vax book, it was completely ignored. 

On 2/23/2022 at 9:50 AM, Wandr said:

Personally I would rather have the yellow book than try convincing a low level official or guard in a foreign country that squiggles on a phone mean I am vaccinated.

The international certificate you get from Mor Phrom has the same squiggles as a yellow book, plus a QR code for verification.

Some people confuse (understandably) the international vaccination booklet with the Thai international covid vaccination booklet. They are both yellow.

The latter can be obtained as others said from the Provincial Health Office. It takes several working days. However they can also print on the spot (at least they did for me, kindly) a one-page international certificate with all the details, in English and with QR code.

The MorProm app is certainly very good domestically, however details vary from person to person depending on how the hospital staff entered your info. In my case, the name is in Thai script and there is my national (pink) ID card number in lieu of the passport number. So I probably could not use it abroad.

On 2/23/2022 at 5:50 AM, Wandr said:
On 2/22/2022 at 9:15 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Their vaccine certification was rejected ???  

Theres more to that story than just the yellow vaccine booklet. 

The yellow booklet was conventionally used to prove Yellow Fever vaccination (when traveling to some African nations). 

It won’t hurt to get one, but it’s ultimately useless, has no QR code. 
An international vaccine cert (i.e. in English language) is the document which is necessary. 

Wife got a yellow vax book, it was completely ignored. 

Expand  

The international vaccine certificate is used for all vaccines, not just yellow fever. And it is used and recognized all over the world.

I have not had any issues using it anywhere. No one has asked me for a QR code or any other document.

If it works for people that's fine.

Personally I would rather have the yellow book than try convincing a low level official or guard in a foreign country that squiggles on a phone mean I am vaccinated.

When you received your Yellow Vaccine Book, did you get it because you were getting a Yellow Fever vaccine?... i.e. were you issued the Yellow Vaccine book with or without having received a Yellow Fever vaccine ?

Those ’squiggles’ are QR codes...   the Yellow Vaccine Booklet which Thailand has copied to make some form of Vaccine Passport is already outdated as it doesn't have QR codes. 

‘Personally, you would rather have a yellow book’ ??? have you actually travelled anywhere recently?....  

I’m travelling frequently, the only ‘Covid’ Yellow book I’ve seen is my Wife’s, no one was interested in it, but they were interested in the MoPH vaccine certificate. 

Edited by richard_smith237

On 2/20/2022 at 9:33 PM, Wandr said:

Canada also requires more than a yellow book. It isn't clear whether a QR code would work because they specify that the QR code is not enough on it's own. Looks like a trip to the consulate is in order.