Phuket proposes to be a pilot province for treating Covid-19 as an endemic disease by reducing restrictions, stop case reporting, and halve quarantine days for positive cases, Deputy Governor says

webfact

Dictionary.com definition of 'endemic' in the context of disease:

"(of a disease) persisting in a population or region, generally having settled to a relatively constant rate of occurrence."

In other words, when comparing COVID to others: make it on par with the flu, common cold and other commonly acquired viruses.  

Halving quarantine is not treating COVID like an endemic virus. Quarantine is for pandemics.  A 7-day mandatory quarantine just becomes a useless exercise in bureaucracy. 

If it is an endemic virus, then treat it like the flu, i.e. zero quarantine, just a recommendation to stay home, like is recommended with the flu. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 8:45 PM, webfact said:

Moreover, Phuket could be a pilot province to reduce the quarantine period if positive for Covid-19 or a high-risk contact from 10 days to what they propose as the 5:5 method. 

Like intellectual masturbation : They can decide whatever restrictions they like and get zero tourist. I will come back when there is zero quarantine and everything is open, like in France. In the meantime, I will travel to Greece.

Edited by daejung
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

If you are going to down grade it to an endemic status like flu then treat it as such, no restrictions no testing no forced quarantine etc. This is what an endemic disease looks like. Anything else simply means you can be forced to test, be quarantined and have your holiday ruined. I won’t return until it’s all gone and the original normal is back in place which means being greeted by an immigration officer who is clearly unhappy to be stamping my passport.????

In my 30 + arrivals I was not even greeted once.