Police say no evidence of gambling as woman says she lost nearly 300,000 baht in 15 minutes at temple fair

webfact

21 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

My word how dumb is this person to not know that these types of gambling games are always rigged. No sympathy.

Not sure you are aware but virtually every type of gambling game is rigged.

On 2/21/2022 at 3:35 AM, Will B Good said:

Although, statistically, a single flip would result in a 50/50 chance of one side or the other coming up (not strictly true as coins will occasionally land on their edge), the laws of probability do not guarantee that a limited series of flips will result in anything like a 50/50 distribution.

Your statement that "the game was clearly fixed" can only be inferred and should not be taken as a statement of fact.

I'm only joshing because it is you, Liverpool Lou, by the way.

A chi-square statistical test would give the exact odd of her losing x number of times strictly by chance

• Thanks 1

Although, statistically, a single flip would result in a 50/50 chance of one side or the other coming up (not strictly true as coins will occasionally land on their edge), the laws of probability do not guarantee that a limited series of flips will result in anything like a 50/50 distribution.

Your statement that "the game was clearly fixed" can only be inferred and should not be taken as a statement of fact.

A chi-square statistical test would give the exact odd of her losing x number of times strictly by chance

A chi-square statistical test would give the exact odds of her losing x number of times strictly by chance