What if a tourist does not check in for the 5th day quarantine & 2nd PCR of the T & G 2.0?

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

While I sincerely dislike this trend, it is a fact that using masculine or feminine pronouns in most situations is increasingly seen as politically incorrect. One would think that this would be dealt with by the use of "it" rather than "they", but that is not what the political correctness police have decreed.

Unless referring to a specific known individual who has made known the pronouns by which they want to be referred to, it is safest to use "they" now in public speech and writing. I wonder how long it is going to be until old books begin to be reprinted with offensive words like "she" and "his" replaced with "they" and "their".

You are correct, sadly, its the same people that believe there are more than 2 genders.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

You are correct, sadly, its the same people that believe there are more than 2 genders.

You know, the funny thing is that physical and psychological differences, present at birth are a real thing. I do not think that, for instance, recognising that intersex, sexual orientation and inherent sexual identity are real is bad in principle. What I question is whether it is necessary to completely change the language because it may not 100% reflect all human variations. To me, it is as logical as claiming that we should no longer use the generic term "fish" on the basis that modern science has shown that those we call "fish" today are genetically so far apart that, in some cases, they share more in common with mammals than some other "fish". Changing the language is generally only necessary when current usage impedes accurate communication. We know what we mean by "he", "she" and "fish", including the fact that "he" or "she" can sometimes be used as a placeholder for someone of any gender (male, female or less common genetic variations).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nglodnig said:

My passport is about to expire so next time I go it will be with a new passport, and by then all this silliness should have gone.

How did you come up with this idea? When you get a new passport you will also receive a paper for the immigration stating that your embassy have replaced your old passport (Nr. 01234567) with a new Passport (No. 786453210). You must report this to the immigration, as your old passport will become invalid and you will not be able to travel with it.

I have been visiting under test & go in January without any hassle. Tested negative on all occasions and also did my 72 hours home testing.

I am due to visit again in early March.

What if I test positive on home testing in between day 1 and 5 ? Could i skipp the day 5 PCR test by telling the authorities i am self isolating ?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Owe somboon said:

What if I test positive on home testing in between day 1 and 5 ? Could i skipp the day 5 PCR test by telling the authorities i am self isolating ?

When and if this occurs, the authorities will answer the question. This is not something where knowing the current answer will be helpful. The authorities are liable to change their minds on how they want such cases dealt with based on prevailing conditions at the time.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, snowgard said:

How did you come up with this idea? When you get a new passport you will also receive a paper for the immigration stating that your embassy have replaced your old passport (Nr. 01234567) with a new Passport (No. 786453210). You must report this to the immigration, as your old passport will become invalid and you will not be able to travel with it.

Duh - who says I go to immigration? 

On 2/21/2022 at 1:02 PM, mjakob007 said:

Has anyone heard of experiences along these lines?

Similar yes.  I had my Day 7 PCR test (old rules) and tried to upload the result on the Morchana App but it failed to work.  Despite having my address and phone number, nobody contacted me to ask why I hadn't uploaded the test result.

I eventually managed to upload the result but only after I returned to the UK.  Don't rely on what happened to me but in my opinion, I believe its just a box ticking thing (political). Once your in Thailand and out of quarantine, I don't think anyone's watching or gives a damn.

Anyway, it seems likely that the Day 5 quarantine and PCR test is going to be scrapped in favour of an self administered Antigen test.

• Like 1