Non o visa (unmarried parent of Thai child) 60 day extension question, last day?

Hi

I’m currently on a 90 day non o visa based on my being father of a Thai. I’m not married to her mum yet. 
 The visa is due to expire on 9 March.

If I apply for the 60 day extension, will it run from 9 March or from the day I apply, say 7 March? And you count the day of the application, so you would only actually add on 59 days to get your exit date?

I don’t believe I need to prove income for this extension as it’s not for a year? 

And these are the documents…? (Chiangmai immigration)

Passport (original).

Photocopy of passport.

Photocopy of visa and arrival card

Child's Thai passport.

Child's birth certificate.

Wife's ID card.

Household registration certificate- presume this is the Tabien Baan (copy or original ?) where daughter and mother are officially registered.

Letter confirming I live in the property for tabien baan from mother

Application form

Photos of myself

Take originals of everything and bring photocopies, sign all photocopies and photos

thanks a lot for any help

You will be extending your 90 day permit to stay (it is not visa) for 60 days that will start from March 9th not the day you apply.

Clarifications of some your list follows.

A signed copy done by the mother of her and you child's tambien ban registry will be needed. Signed copy of her ID card as well.

You daughter will need to be with you and the her mother as well if possible.

A statement by the mother that you are living with her and your daughter.

The only photo you should only be the 4 X 6 cm photo for the TM7 application form.

Thank you. 

So if I go in to immigration on, say, the 1st March, they will still take the date of the extension from when my permit was due to expire, being the 9th March, so 60 days from that day rather than from 1st March or whichever day I go in to the  office?

4 minutes ago, sureno said:

Thank you. 

So if I go in to immigration on, say, the 1st March, they will still take the date of the extension from when my permit was due to expire, being the 9th March, so 60 days from that day rather than from 1st March or whichever day I go in to the  office?

It will start from the 9th no matter what day you do the application.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will be extending your 90 day permit to stay (it is not visa) for 60 days that will start from March 9th not the day you apply.

Clarifications of some your list follows.

A signed copy done by the mother of her and you child's tambien ban registry will be needed. Signed copy of her ID card as well.

You daughter will need to be with you and the her mother as well if possible.

A statement by the mother that you are living with her and your daughter.

The only photo you should only be the 4 X 6 cm photo for the TM7 application form.

I never realised that a 90 day non-O was a permit to stay and not a visa. Interesting I am regularly arguing with people who insist the one year permit to stay is a visa. 

But on the last 90 day I had, I am sure that under "type of visa" it said non-immigrant. 

9 minutes ago, rott said:

I never realised that a 90 day non-O was a permit to stay and not a visa. Interesting I am regularly arguing with people who insist the one year permit to stay is a visa. 

But on the last 90 day I had, I am sure that under "type of visa" it said non-immigrant. 

When you use a non immigrant visa to enter the country you get a 90 day permit to stay (admitted until on the arrival stamp).

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2022 at 2:50 PM, ubonjoe said:

When you use a non immigrant visa to enter the country you get a 90 day permit to stay (admitted until on the arrival stamp).

I'm now a bit confused from the post above and I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. I definitely don't have a multi entry visa. I just have a Non immigrant o 1 page sticker in my passport that is valid for 90 days from the date it's stamped, with an expiry stamp of 9 March?

And I'm applying for an extension of sixty days and I'll do it a week in advance of the expiry and it will still be taken from the date of the expiry, bring the 9 March? 

I don't think they need any proof of earnings for this 60 day extension?

And do you know if they accept black and white photocopies?

Thanks again for your help. 

2 minutes ago, sureno said:

And I'm applying for an extension of sixty days and I'll do it a week in advance of the expiry and it will still be taken from the date of the expiry, bring the 9 March? 

Yes

4 minutes ago, sureno said:

I don't think they need any proof of earnings for this 60 day extension?

That is correct.

5 minutes ago, sureno said:

And do you know if they accept black and white photocopies?

They only accept black and white copies.

• Thanks 2

As @ubonjoe has informed you, you are extending the 90 day permission to stay you received when you entered Thailand, not the Non O visa that you presented to Immigration when entering Thailand. Thus, the extension of stay will run from the admitted until date on the entry stamp, not the valid until date on the visa (which is now used and no longer of any significance except that it determined that you have a Non Immigrant entry).

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

Hmmm this is very strange. I am also in the same predicament and Samut Sakhon Immigration and stating that the 60day extension does not exist anymore and you cannot get it.

I just got one yesterday so it definitely exists. Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

I was able to get my 60day extension today after I had used up my 90days from a Non-Immigrant O visa through my Thai daughter.

It was actually quite a struggle as my immigration office was mistaking the 60day extension with the 60day covid extension. We told them a million times we were aware Non-Immigrant visa holders could now not receive the 60day extension due to covid.

The message eventually got through when I told them to actually read the reason I had given at the bottom of the form.

• Thanks 1