Why are so many young people killing themselves?

simon43

15 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

you are saying you know everything that causes depression in everyone? 

what about Greta? 

whether or not something is a con has little to do w/whether or not people get depressed about it... 

No i dont but cc has nothing to do with depression. A change in temps of 0.1c per decade is nothing. Try living in minus 30 degrees, that might cause it.

Greta is after money. Nobody with a clue listens to her.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

It's a very interesting topic. Thanks for raising it.

Complex reasons, unfortunately, and it's all the things you mention.

Personally, I believe we live in times where people are led to believe that there is limitless opportunity, whereas in fact there is increasingly less and less. I think it's generally true to say children are also over-protected from 'ordinary trauma', so that many reach adulthood rather 'wet', and so find life rather difficult particularly in tough times.

For males, I think the rapid change in gender roles in society is an unspoken factor.

Clear and concise descriptions; rather than utilising what are often considered insults, in a serious subject.

If at least he linked his insults to possible incidences.... but it appeared to be glib insults without even a single reference.

Suicides because of cancel culture?? What is cancel culture? Why not explain the concept behind it and why he thinks it may be linked to suicides?

It's a good subject, but not from this OP.

36 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Faux outrage? Why don't we continue this dialogue in person? Then you will be able to tell if my outrage is false. 

.. and this is a classic example of someone who is unable to accept opposing views without threatening that person >> a classic example of cancel culture.  If you don't agree with my POV, then I want to cancel you with violence.  Pathetic!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

I actually find your post and tone disgusting. A Troll topic if I have ever seen one.

In your first two posts you have quoted "wokey" "cancel culture" "snowflake"... in conjunction with young people committing suicide. Totally repugnant.

I totally agree.

It's a political rant only.

Nothing to do with youth suicide.

What's next?

Blaming youth suicide on "globalists" and George Soros?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, simon43 said:

Yes, that's a bad situation for local communities.  But does it make you want to kill yourself when a teenager?  Unless you are a 100% snowflake who can't stand even a minute level of mental stress, then I suggest that it doesn't.

Life isn't the same as when I was young. I had the choice of jobs ( didn't have to compete at all ), and the future was mine to make. Anything was possible if I wanted it.

Now it's all about money and status, and it's hard to get a decent job without paying to become qualified ( I was paid to train ).

I think if I was a kid now I might very well kill myself, as trying to look at it from their point of view the world looks like <deleted> to me. A world without hope is bleak indeed. No wonder so many of them use drugs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simon43 said:

.. and this is a classic example of someone who is unable to accept opposing views without threatening that person >> a classic example of cancel culture.  If you don't agree with my POV, then I want to cancel you with violence.  Pathetic!

Is that the cancel culture to which you refer?? ????

Your post(and topic) to me is an example of someone looking for a problem to fit their solution.

The post of mine that you have replied to was merely to convey that my outrage was all too real ???? and that it clearly was not conveyed when I first wrote it. So a humourous suggestion of the poster seeing how outraged I was in actual person, is used by yourself to try to demonstrate violent intent. Nice try; but a fail.

11 minutes ago, simon43 said:

If going to describe a post as disgusting, IMO it's the one threatening other posters with violence.

Your OP is entirely valid, IMO.

As stated in the opening sentence of the OP:  Nothing specifically to do with Thailand.

As the topic was posted in the Farang Pub - fun, entertainment and Expat life forum in which the following is stated:

Thailand is legendary for its entertainment, both traditional, and modern. Discuss Night Life, restaurants, bars, music, movies, concerts, expat life, fun, or just a chat about everything Thailand. Because we live life to the fullest here!

As this topic has "Nothing specifically to do with Thailand", topic is closed.