Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

On 3/5/2023 at 5:06 PM, rabas said:

You naively assume events outside of the NATO block do not threaten NATO members' well being or security.

All threats to NATO and in turn the world at large are external to NATO. Of course Russia's invasion is a major threat to NATO, Europe, and freedom everywhere.

You need to qualify why the Ukraine war threatens any NATO country before I agree with you.

Far as I know, NATO was not set up to police the world, and that certainly wasn't true during the Vietnam war, when even Britain didn't get involved, nor during the Afghan war, which directly involved Russia.

• Confused 3

18 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Russia has “wasted huge amounts of human resources, armaments, and materials” during the war in Ukraine, and it will likely run out of offensive potential by late spring, Ukrainian military intelligence chief Kyrylo Budanov said in an interview with USA Today published on March 5.

Budanov said “a decisive battle” is set to take place this spring, and predicted that “this battle will be the final one before this war ends,” USA Today reported.

https://kyivindependent.com/news-feed/budanov-russia-likely-to-run-out-of-military-tools-by-end-of-spring

We've heard that a few times, but the date at which they run out of ammunition etc seems to get pushed back each time.

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I have no words... just a big very big Wish  555

Putin won’t live to see the end of Ukraine invasion, Russian state TV pundit fears

https://au.yahoo.com/news/putin-won-t-live-see-153455667.html

If anyone has noticed lately, RT's Vlad Solovyov doesn't look too healthy and has lost a lot of weight.

I sometimes watch RT along with Fox and OAN for a bit of light comedy, to alleviate the seriousness of the situation in Ukraine.

Possibly Nemesis is affecting his health in retribution for his immorality, maybe the fact  that it has become known that his son is avoiding military service or that he is almost as popular as his boss.

Possibly he is worried about assassination like falling from a window or poisoned underpants from jealousy, disgruntled viewers or Ukrainians.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/7/2023 at 11:37 PM, rabas said:

NATO, not me, already identified Russia as “the most significant and direct threat to Allies’ security and to peace and stability in the Euro-Atlantic area” in their 2022 Strategic Concept paper. about NATO (bottom).

NATO, like any organisation needs a purpose to exist, especially as when it requires vast amounts of taxpayer money to be.

What else would they say?

I remember the cold war era quite well, having once considered serving in BAOR, and I also remember most of us carried on with our lives quite well, despite having the Soviet Bear supposedly desiring to take us all over.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Apologies if a bit off topic, but I just started reading Robert Ludlum's book The Moscow Vector, written in 2005, that shortly after it begins describes how a Russian president ( obviously based on Putin ) is building up forces on the Ukrainian border as a prelude to invading. Seems like fiction becomes reality!

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Apologies if a bit off topic, but I just started reading Robert Ludlum's book The Moscow Vector, written in 2005, that shortly after it begins describes how a Russian president ( obviously based on Putin ) is building up forces on the Ukrainian border as a prelude to invading. Seems like fiction becomes reality!

A similarity, between the fallacy pushed by Trump foollowers, that the narrative of Trump's conspiracy theories are based in reality, comes to mind!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree, but IMO that doesn't mean it should get involved in non NATO countries.

Why didn't NATO get involved in Afghanistan when that was invaded by Russia? Is it not the same situation?

The answer could be that NATO is an abbreviation for North Atlantic etc.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rabas said:

Unfortunately the article is paywalled. So, I searched for other recent articles on Ukrainian secret weapons finding several that include: batteries, food, borsch, volunteers, ordinary people spying on Russian forces, and medics.

So I screen capped the forbidden article to find the secret weapon, which is Morale. The authors deduce this from the recent video of the Ukrainian prisoner brutally executed while shouting "Slava Ukraini".

That probably is the secret weapon that keeps Putin awake at night. The whole world is shouting it.

Slava Ukraini!

I am paywalled here too perhaps this may help!

Ukraine’s secret weapon should terrify Putin (googleusercontent.com)

• Like 1