Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

And your goalposts are as shifty as ever.

This started with your idea that Biden united NATO, then that he warned everybody, finally finishing with a testament to the Economist. Your "weeks before" invasion were mostly about 1-2 - not much of a warning - and by which time any intelligence Biden had would have been shared with NATO and probably leaked out to Ukraine as well. Zelensky would have had more inside track info than anyone and must have known enough to prepare for the worst as best he could, whatever he said. Most of us were hoping that this would not happen as was he, I'm sure. 

Putin said that he had no intention of invading Ukraine but Biden called that bunkum and his intelligence was right on the money.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

My point was we shouldn't help them, it has nothing to do with us, well Thailand. UK, nearer but they're is no alliance with them. 

Russia and Ukraine are much the same people and should fight their own wars and not being others into it. Mind you, Biden stirred it up and. 

It has as much do with us as Germany attacking Czechoslovakia at the beginning of WW2. World peace is a global responsibility.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

If you believe RT over CNN, you’re even deeper down the rabbit hole than I thought. There is overwhelming evidence of thousands of Russian war crimes in Ukraine. 

I believe neither, actually. better to watch more than one I know though.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Great news: Poland delivers first Leopard tanks to Ukraine. Hope many more will follow as soon as possible.

https://www.dw.com/en/poland-delivers-first-leopard-tanks-to-ukraine/a-64809432

For many more to follow Poland and other countries supplying them would have to deplete their own defense infrastructure. It's not like they have hundreds of surplus tanks lying around. Also, don't forget they need spares, transport vehicles, recovery vehicles, and lots and lots of fuel, all of which has to be sent to the front, which is on the far side of Ukraine.

Seems like a lot of wishin' and hopin' is going on.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

RT was fined by media regulator, blocked by Goggle, Meta and also in many counties for peddling Kremlin’s misinformation. That should be a red flag for anyone to believe that they provide good journalism and accountable to the general public. 

There is a site which I go to occasionally which allows RT, so I have a little look, what I find amazing is the number of Western journalists pouting Putin's doctrine, one guy is a professor at an American collage 

Edited by Seppius
rude word removed
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

For many more to follow Poland and other countries supplying them would have to deplete their own defense infrastructure. It's not like they have hundreds of surplus tanks lying around. Also, don't forget they need spares, transport vehicles, recovery vehicles, and lots and lots of fuel, all of which has to be sent to the front, which is on the far side of Ukraine.

Seems like a lot of wishin' and hopin' is going on.

“Seems like a lot of wishin' and hopin' is going on.”

Right back at you, mate. At least I’m hoping for a good outcome of this war, something I’m not quite sure you’re rooting for.

• Like 2