TT Exchange Russian Ruble = 0.0 baht

Banana7

8 minutes ago, stigar said:

Rigth.Specially now that EU closed airspace for russian fligths.They will have problem flying back home now..

The middle-eastern airlines may continue to fly BKK to Russia.

The bigger issue for Russians might be access to funds in order to pay for flights in the event that their Russian credit and debit cards are refused.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stigar said:

Rigth.Specially now that EU closed airspace for russian fligths.They will have problem flying back home now..

Not many EU  countries between Russia and Thailand.....(I meant primarily impact on Russians). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not many EU  countries between Russia and Thailand.....(I meant primarily impact on Russians). 

True. Most fly southern route since long (Turkey, Iran).

The hard hit is east Asia (Japan, Korea) to/from Europe.

But I read that Finland will join the airspace closure.

That's a hard time for Finair to fly to Bangkok/Phuket.

They were quite popular.

My route planning :biggrin::

helbkk.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

Today, February 28, 2022: The Russian Central Bank introduced a “temporary ban” on sell orders from foreign legal entities and individuals, it added in a statement. Trading will only be allowed on the foreign exchange market, currency market and the repurchase agreement, or "repo" market.

“The Bank of Russia will assess the feasibility of opening trading on other markets, depending on the development of the situation,” the statement said, adding that a decision on whether to open up the floor to other markets would be made at 1 p.m. local time (5 a.m. ET), with trading starting no later than 3 p.m. local time (7 a.m. ET).

Edited by Banana7

5 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Today, February 28, 2022: The bank introduced a “temporary ban” on sell orders from foreign legal entities and individuals, it added in a statement. Trading will only be allowed on the foreign exchange market, currency market and the repurchase agreement, or "repo" market

Which bank?

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I just watched it fall off a cliff on XE in a matter of minutes since you wrote the above

Screenshot_20220228-112655_Chrome.jpg

Think I would look to avoid visiting any known Russian hang outs in Pattaya for a while!!!!

Going to be some irate punters knocking about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm thinking the Russian super rich already have the bulk of their money in USD so they'll likely make a huge profit when they buy back into the Ruble

I know I wouldn't mind buying a stack of Ruble when it hits 0.200 to the baht ????

2 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Be careful with that strategy. They may re-value the current ruble, and then issue a new ruble which will require 1,000 old for 1 new. They have done it in the past.

Well seeing as 1 Ruble is worth about 1 cent they probably should re-think it to make it meaningful ???? 

2 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Well seeing as 1 Ruble is worth about 1 cent they probably should re-think it to make it meaningful ???? 

It's already less than 1 cent USD today, and heading lower. New York market hasn't opened for Monday Feb. 28 yet.

From xe.com

1.00 US Dollar =

101.14369 Russian Rubles

1 RUB = 0.00988692 USD

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 1:43 PM, EricTh said:

So what does that mean? That Russians in Thailand can't exchange their money to baht in Thailand?

Probably, and not for the first time. In 2014 when Russia went to a fully floating exchange rate there was extreme volatility and none of the exchange booths would touch it.

I remember being behind some Russian teenagers and they were in tears because they couldn't exchange.

13 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Complaining about no interest?

Invest in Ruble:whistling:

Prime rate raised today to 20%.

I don't think we can open up a Ruble fixed deposit account in Thailand.

XE.com quoted 1.00 US Dollar =105.82806 Russian Rubles 1 RUB = 0.00944929 USD this is at Mar 1, 2022, 06:08 UTC. Maximum transfer is USD$200.

Huge line-ups in Russia to get hard currency, reported by many news agencies.

Moscow stock exchange did not open on Monday Feb. 28, 2022.

In Bangkok, some exchanges are offering 0.25 baht for a ruble. I wonder where it will be in a week from now?

17 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Reuters reports that MasterCard and Visa are complying with sanctions against Russia. I am guessing Russian based MasterCards and Visa cards are no longer working. I wonder if some Russians will be going home early?

Putin is killing russian economy and actually kill his own citicenz too.I wonder how long before he have to fleed the country.The thousands whos on the streets and not agree with him is arrested.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Reuters reports that MasterCard and Visa are complying with sanctions against Russia. I am guessing Russian based MasterCards and Visa cards are no longer working. I wonder if some Russians will be going home early?

If not then deport them

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

No money no flights,i bet a lot here are in dire straights

• Like 1

20 hours ago, EricTh said:

Putin should have recalled all its citizens abroad before making an invasion. There was no warning whatsoever and their citizens have to suffer. 

They are going to suffer either way, all sanctions ever achieve is making the population suffer, never those in control.