Thailand Calls For Diplomatic Solutions to Russia-Ukraine Crisis

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

they don't go together and Chinese are not and have never been careful with anything, look at their moves in the SCS with Philippines, Japan, Malaysia, etc., they were not careful at all, they just moved in and kicked everybody/anybody out of their way but it took some by surprise thus unpredictable, when one less expects them to do something logic and/ or reasonable they will surprise

I'm not so sure. 

Why haven't they gone after Taiwan already?

Yes, they're preparing for it but what are they waiting for?
I guess is that they don't really want a world war and see a risk that the U.S. will step up to defend. We don't know that the U.S. will, but there is that famous ambiguity that they might.

In Ukraine on the other hand it was stated clearly, neither the U.S. or Nato would directly fight Russia.

Perhaps it was a mistake that the U.S. didn't leave direct conflict with Russia on the table. If anything might have stopped Putin, maybe that would have. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 7:42 AM, ChrisY1 said:

Go back to 2014....a military coup...and everyone called for a diplomatic solution! There was no diplomacy, just an arrogant military leader spouting rubbish!

Not only to 2014.  See the Ukraine history over last 30 years, who were the leaders, where from they had been supported, what was their background, the huge corruption of the ruling powers? How can this be a democratic development, in interest of who all this has been proceeded?  

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not so sure. 

Why haven't they gone after Taiwan already?

Yes, they're preparing for it but what are they waiting for?
I guess is that they don't really want a world war and see a risk that the U.S. will step up to defend. We don't know that the U.S. will, but there is that famous ambiguity that they might.

In Ukraine on the other hand it was stated clearly, neither the U.S. or Nato would directly fight Russia.

as I said, they are very unpredictable and when less expect them to do something that's when they will do it, right now everybody is expecting them to make the move about Taiwan thus they won't, nothing to worry about the US as they will not do anything about it, only talk and more talk, same as for the Ukraine, US said they would do that and that and Putin would be hit swift and hard and blablabla  and here are the Ukrainian's going at it alone fighting tanks with molotv's....

3 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

United Nations. Just another gravy train. 

they don't have the balls to kick out Russia and/or China from the security council and they know both are on their own way autocrats that don't give a rats as?? about international law

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

as I said, they are very unpredictable and when less expect them to do something that's when they will do it, right now everybody is expecting them to make the move about Taiwan thus they won't, nothing to worry about the US as they will not do anything about it, only talk and more talk, same as for the Ukraine, US said they would do that and that and Putin would be hit swift and hard and blablabla  and here are the Ukrainian's going at it alone fighting tanks with molotv's....

I didn't hear the U.S. say they would get involved. The opposite actually, quite clearly, again and again. 

Just now, Mavideol said:

they don't have the balls to kick out Russia and/or China from the security council and they know both are on their own way autocrats that don't give a rats <deleted> about international law

I used to think people that said the UN doesn't serve any purpose anymore were extremists, but now I'm not so sure. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I didn't hear the U.S. say they would get involved. The opposite actually, quite clearly, again and again. 

I didn't say they that....they would get involved, I said the US promised heavy sanctions, swift and heavy something Putin never had and took them sometime to start to move with some sanctions and Putin's still smiling, then the EU imposed some heavier ones and finally the US follow but still (in my opinion) not heavy enough

Mr Harrell, who sits on the National Security Council, said the United States was prepared, immediately after an invasion of Ukraine, to impose "crippling financial costs on major Russian financial institutions as well as to impose a range of quite sweeping export controls that will degrade Russian industrial capacity over the mid and long term."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-29/us-threatens-russia-with-massive-sanctions-over-ukraine-crisis/100790222

Edited by Mavideol

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I used to think people that said the UN doesn't serve any purpose anymore were extremists, but now I'm not so sure. 

what exactly have they done since their creation, what specific operational actions, besides the so called blue/white helmets peace keepers, any deterred action that I may have missed

1 minute ago, Knocker33 said:

United Nations. Just another gravy train. 

United Nations.  Now the UN General Assembly voted in majority against the Russian aggression. Didn't they voted also in majority for aggression against Iraq even if so many had not originally wanted not being convinced?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saanim said:

United Nations.  Now the UN General Assembly voted in majority against the Russian aggression. Didn't they voted also in majority for aggression against Iraq even if so many had not originally wanted not being convinced?

So they voted against it . And what has happened . As I said a gravy train

1 minute ago, Saanim said:

same with Syria but in both cases they were veto votes from China and Russia, in both case genocides/war crimes UN has no balls to overturn the veto vote, article 23 of the UN should be revised/amended and remove these 2 cronies for their human rights aggression/abuse, they don't have the right to hide behind flaws of international law

12 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I didn't say they that....they would get involved, I said the US promised heavy sanctions, swift and heavy something Putin never had and took them sometime to start to move with some sanctions and Putin's still smiling, then the EU imposed some heavier ones and finally the US follow but still (in my opinion) not heavy enough

Mr Harrell, who sits on the National Security Council, said the United States was prepared, immediately after an invasion of Ukraine, to impose "crippling financial costs on major Russian financial institutions as well as to impose a range of quite sweeping export controls that will degrade Russian industrial capacity over the mid and long term."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-29/us-threatens-russia-with-massive-sanctions-over-ukraine-crisis/100790222

I think you're splitting hairs. The stated policy was  that severe sanctions would start AFTER INVASION and there was an unsuccessful attempt to use that as a DETERRANCE. But Putin was never going to be deterred by sanctions with any timing. We know that know. There was a short period where whether or not a literal invasion had started after that recognition of Donbas fake republics happened. Now the severe sanctions are starting. Nobody can expect quick results from them,

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Banana7 said:

No. Russians can stay and try to spend their Rubles, preferably their USD and Euros. Some currency exchanges are no longer accepting rubles.

Many Russians don't support Putin's actions in Ukraine. If the news media in Russia would tell the truth about the invasion, I doubt Putin would have 50% support for the invasion.

There is a very high possibility that Russian credit cards will stop working in Thailand on Monday or Tuesday.

Unfortunately, the invasion was done in the name of Russia.

I don't think Putin bothered with a referendum.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 8:21 AM, spidermike007 said:

There need to be exceptions. Somehow Russia vetoing it's own expulsion lacks a bit of credibility. Kick them out. Barbarism should not be tolerated. 

Ukraine nazi eight years killed Ukraine civils and western countries did nothing to stop it. Merkel and Makron provided guarantees for the peaceful solution. But the agreements were not fulfilled. Why you did not worry about thousands deaths for last years? This is hypocrisy.

Edited by Dmitry2222
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

flaws of international law

As a matter of fact, what is actually the "international law"? Are the all wars lately waged according to "international law"?

Where in the "internatioinal law" are sanctions?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Ukraine nazi eight years killed Ukraine civils and western countries did nothing to stop it. Merkel and Makron provided guarantees for the 
peaceful solution. But the agreements were not fulfilled. Why you did not worry about thousands deaths for last years. This is hypocrisy.

Nobody cries for the deaths of ten thousands Eastern Ukrainers. Or they were no Ukrainers but Russians, no need to cry? Did we cry for the many other thousands killed in other wars? Were we outraged and set up sanctions?  But we hear/read NATO is just defence force. Who did they defence in Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, you name it? 

Calling spade spade...    

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Saanim said:

Nobody cries for the deaths of ten thousands Eastern Ukrainers. Or they were no Ukrainers but Russians, no need to cry? Did we cry for the many other thousands killed in other wars? Were we outraged and set up sanctions?  But we hear/read NATO is just defence force. Who did they defence in Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, you name it? 

Calling spade spade...    

never heard of Bosnia & Kosovo then. NATO Stopped Muslim Genocide in those places. NATO Defended & Trained Civilians to Rebuild A/Stan. Both Defensive Operations within NATO Charter. Not aware “NATO” was in Iraq & Libya as those were Offensive Campaigns outside NATO Charter.Thought that was US UK France coordinating outside NATO? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Saanim said:

Calling spade spade...    

Calling BS BS.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 12:09 PM, Jingthing said:

I think what's potentially much more serious is the renewed closeness of Russia and China. That's the sort of power coalition that suggests a potential new world war.

The serious threat from such alliance is not world war. But the collapse of the Western financial system based on the USD when both countries rely on BRICS.

• Haha 1