question re nutritional labels on products

david_je

47 minutes ago, tonray said:

The first pic is total amounts (5 servings) the second is per serving amounts (divide first pic amounts by 5)

So the front label is what you'd get if you drank the entire carton (which in this case totals 5 servings), correct? Is it safe to say then that in all such products with front and back labels, the front  is entire product and the back is each serving? 

I see the back label is percentages of recommended daily intake. I assume front label also uses the same measure?

28 minutes ago, david_je said:

So the front label is what you'd get if you drank the entire carton (which in this case totals 5 servings), correct? Is it safe to say then that in all such products with front and back labels, the front  is entire product and the back is each serving? 

I see the back label is percentages of recommended daily intake. I assume front label also uses the same measure?

I'd assume so but I only looked at your single example and did not do a comprehensive survey

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 10:02 AM, tonray said:

I'd assume so but I only looked at your single example and did not do a comprehensive survey

The RDA will vary according to the total cals - this is clearly based on 2000 cals as a daily target.

Which piece of the nutritional information in particular are you interested in? 

28 minutes ago, eezergood said:

The RDA will vary according to the total cals - this is clearly based on 2000 cals as a daily target.

Which piece of the nutritional information in particular are you interested in? 

I'm not the original poster..he had the interest