I am writing a novel about human love experiences and need to interview ladyboys

FangFerang

Call for volunteers: I am a writer seeking a group of five ladyboys who have been in a long term relationship, more than 3 years with one partner, to discuss day-to-day life, social dynamics, emotional dynamics and cultural dynamics. I want to write about the basic dynamic of coping to help others grasp the difficulties, to understand the challenges, and to make human people seem more human than the current narrative allows.  I am not seeking to belittle anyone, nor make lives public (anonymity is guaranteed).  Most foreigners know what happens in the West--bashings and such, and I want to know how peaceful and difficult life is for you her in ASEAN

.Please let me know, and I will get back with you soon.

• Haha 2

I won't be able to help you with the ladyboys but I like to give you my 2 cents of advice.

If you really want to understand them then you should be fluent in Thai or have a Thai interpreter who you trust.

Lots of Thais, including Thai ladyboys, speak English. But in my experience most don't know English to a level that they can really express their feelings in detail. Obviously you will be able to get some information from interviews in English, but I doubt you will be able to really understand the nuances.

• Like 1

IMO finding ladyboys that have relationships lasting longer than overnight would be like looking for ice-cubes in the Sahara.

Assuming such longer term relationships exist, you would then need to segregate the type; i.e. male - ladyboy, female  - ladyboy, ladyboy - ladyboy.

In Asia, everyone is usually told what the speaker thinks the interlocutor wants to hear. Permit me to doubt the answers you get on social and emotional dynamics can be relied on as fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you really want to understand them then you should be fluent in Thai or have a Thai interpreter who you trust.

Or simply google "Thai ladyboy interview",  there's plenty of articles & videos on the web.  

Edited by bbko

Call for free help,     I’m looking for 10 generous billionaires, 876 single college girls, 9800 marketing gurus, free book publishing, free ghost writers, free gold for good luck.

I’m helping the universe!  If I make 20 million, I’ll donate 500 baht to the OP

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2022 at 4:19 PM, Lacessit said:

IMO finding ladyboys that have relationships lasting longer than overnight would be like looking for ice-cubes in the Sahara.

Assuming such longer term relationships exist, you would then need to segregate the type; i.e. male - ladyboy, female  - ladyboy, ladyboy - ladyboy.

In Asia, everyone is usually told what the speaker thinks the interlocutor wants to hear. Permit me to doubt the answers you get on social and emotional dynamics can be relied on as fact.

Hmmmm. A real ladyboy considers themselves to be female, so IMO having a relationship with a female would be unlikely to be considered. However there are always exceptions.

The only way the OP will find what he wants IMO is to go to Thailand and strike up a relationship with as many ladyboys as desired, but expect to pay the going rate. They have to pay for the operations.