Tdap booster and PCV20

Y Chang

Internationalism, thank you for the information.  It is very helpful!

It seems that CDC has recently revised its recommendation for pneumococcal vaccine.  For 65 years and above, it is either 1 dose of PCV20 or 1 dose PCV15 followed by PPSV23.  Given that PCV20 is not available in Thailand, as well as for simplicity purpose, we are considering getting PCV20 when we are back in the US, which begs another question regarding the price since we won't have any insurance coverage.

I tried to look up the price list from the pharmacies in the US but was restricted from entering the individual sites since I am not inside the US currently.  I managed to find a site that compares the prices of various pharmacy and the average of 1 dose of PCV20 came out to be about US$300.

If someone is familiar with the price of PCV20 in the US, could you kindly confirm?  Just want to avoid any surprise.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Y Chang said:

Internationalism, thank you for the information.  It is very helpful!

It seems that CDC has recently revised its recommendation for pneumococcal vaccine.  For 65 years and above, it is either 1 dose of PCV20 or 1 dose PCV15 followed by PPSV23.  Given that PCV20 is not available in Thailand, as well as for simplicity purpose, we are considering getting PCV20 when we are back in the US, which begs another question regarding the price since we won't have any insurance coverage.

I tried to look up the price list from the pharmacies in the US but was restricted from entering the individual sites since I am not inside the US currently.  I managed to find a site that compares the prices of various pharmacy and the average of 1 dose of PCV20 came out to be about US$300.

If someone is familiar with the price of PCV20 in the US, could you kindly confirm?  Just want to avoid any surprise.  Thanks!

It appears to be aorund $300. You can get coupons for it at $240 https://www.goodrx.com/prevnar-20

If you are over 65 and have Medicare Part B, it is a covered preventive service, with no copay