Thai Airways books 55 billion baht of profits in 2021 after rehabilitation plans

webfact

7 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Tell that to Deloitte whose audit this is article based on.  Pretty sure Deloitte is more respected than the barstool financial gurus on this forum, yourself included.  Have a look and let me know which bits are funny.

https://ir.thaiairways.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/20210303-thai-fs-fy2020-en.pdf

Deloitte accused of being disconcertingly complacent and criticised for their role in the global financial crisis. 

https://www.ft.com/content/358b366e-59fa-11e0-ba8d-00144feab49a

On 2/28/2022 at 12:49 PM, ezzra said:

I find it hard to believe those figures, they hardly flew anywhere, never had a promotional fares i should know because i was looking at their website they didn't fly to many of their regular destinations and still made 55 billions baht profit? some crafty book keeping methods to say the least...

I think they must have sold half their fleet !

On 2/28/2022 at 12:43 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Right, so an operational loss of 7 billion baht.

Never underestimate THAI losses:

Thai Airways International (THAI) posted a 55.11 billion baht net profit last year on 81.52 billion baht in revenue from one-time transactions, mainly asset sales, and a 19.70 billion baht operating loss.

Those that booked with Thai and lost (not refunded through cancelled flights etc), did you not fallback on CC failure to deliver product, or have travel insurance? Not being facetious.

Haven't flown Thai for years, but considering it as hate stop-offs nowadays. All this feedback of bad service and graft etc is somewhat disconcerting.